• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels RD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Because McMahon and Jordy are playing left and right rather than open and blind. Watch the Scrums on the right side of the field, Sean still stays behind Week's arse, Jordy Toby's.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I did pee myself a little. Thank fuck for adult nappies.

That a bloody good omen to have him back in the 23. I'm not going to put a score in it, but I really like our chances now. Things are going our way.

I'll be at the game this weekend, so if you're keen for Beer I'll be at the Local Taphouse from 1 - with a few of the Sydney crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So small change in plans. Venue is now the Clock Hotel in Surrey Hills. See you there...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
OK fuckers, I'll be there. Turn up if you want to be truthed.

I promise to hold the Powerwall lecturing to a minimum - but don't fucking ask if you don't want to feel harangued, or amazed at my sheer technical fawesomeness.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
I originally thought Reid & McMahon were playing left & right as well but you check the replay from last week & McMahon packs at blindside the whole game

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I originally thought Reid & McMahon were playing left & right as well but you check the replay from last week & McMahon packs at blindside the whole game

I have to admit, I missed last weeks game then stopped watching the replay at about half time. But for both the Sunwolves and the Reds games they did play left and right consistently.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought it was a better performance last week against the Reds. We managed to really tire them out getting their penalty try and after that our scrum pretty much held its own. It was like we'd upgraded from roller skates to bowling shoes. Still plenty of slide, but at least they had some friction.

It might have been better, but the first quarter hour was some of the most excruciating rugby watching this Waratah supporter has been through.

ruckus

Frank Row (1)
That's a genuine skill, one that the vast majority of players don't have. Proper finishers read the play and work their arses off to get in the right spot.

hmmm true , but they are walkover tries, nothing special, so that argument having most tries in the under 20s world cup for his sake , shouldnt be used as i said , most tries werent special , he was at the end of a movement or broken play , chuck guilford or robinson in the same position where they had to do was just cross the line obviously they would ...

ruckus

Frank Row (1)
does anyone know a site where i can watch the shute shield match, i live overseas and 7two doesnt work allow me to watch it from overseas

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The two Ronnies might be gone bit you can still catch the two Tims at the The Clock tomorrow arvo, Pfitzy, Lindo and oztimmay (plus a few other assorted Mexicans) will be there from 1:00pm. And aim for Surry Hills, Surrey Hills is much too far.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Just watching the Chiefs last night, it's exactly what the Tahs aspire to be but with accuracy. Both sides with a weak scrum, both sides with a rush defence but a few missed tackles as a result, but most importantly both sides trying to play fast, ball in hand, exciting rugby.
The difference, and it's a world of difference, is accuracy. Where the Chiefs passes all go in front of the man, the man catches the ball, when tackled they retain the ball, kicks go excactly where they are designed to go. By contrast Tahs passes are often poor, or if not the man drops it, the ball is often lost in contact, and kicks are too long or out on the full. Same plan, it's just the ability to carry it out!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy is running a bit late. Spent a couple of hours marking a rugby field out this morning. A bit knackered.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Looking forward to this game - I'm cheering for the team that has the most Marlins on the park playing ;). so it will be the Rebs at the start, but if the benches are fully used - it will be a draw.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Pfitzy is running a bit late. Spent a couple of hours marking a rugby field out this morning. A bit knackered.

Hurry up, we're waiting

fd72ce0dbe73882ff029df54cdef5a31.jpg

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
hmmm true , but they are walkover tries, nothing special, so that argument having most tries in the under 20s world cup for his sake , shouldnt be used as i said , most tries werent special , he was at the end of a movement or broken play , chuck guilford or robinson in the same position where they had to do was just cross the line obviously they would .
If it was so easy, everyone would do it. The point is the neither Guildford nor Robinson would have got it. Kellaway has done it at every level of rugby he's played. It might not be as obvious a skill as, say, Rene Ranger's tackle busting, but it's every bit as valuable.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Will Jack Debreczeni ever have enough experience to not make simple mistakes like not finding touch after a penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.