• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels, RD3 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Tough on Rokobaro also. However, Roberts is a better fly-half option than Kingi. Clearly doubt over Beale's shoulder.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Have to say I would have liked to see Sidey dropped from the starting line up with Mitchell moving to 12 and giving Rokobaro another shot on the wing. Didn't think he played to bad except for that one high ball he fumbled. Don't think Sidey is doing enough to retain his spot in the line up, Vuna and Woodward can't get back quick enough.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Have to say I would have liked to see Sidey dropped from the starting line up with Mitchell moving to 12 and giving Rokobaro another shot on the wing. Didn't think he played to bad except for that one high ball he fumbled. Don't think Sidey is doing enough to retain his spot in the line up, Vuna and Woodward can't get back quick enough.

Or even a straight swap of Sidey and Mitchel. Sidey fits the blindside winger mould okay for mine.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What a poorly constructed bench.

I understand the whole naming no 2nd rowers on the bench because you've got 1 at 6 idea, I don't like it because it means that late in the game you'll have 2 fatigued players in the engine room but I understand it.

Brumbies have done this the last 2 games

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
You'd have Pyle or Robinson as captain.

Pyle's not in contention for leadership roles this year, Hill said. Focusing on running set plays.

I'd rather Ged as captain, but not generally against JOC (James O'Connor) taking it for a game.

As for Growden, it's very easy to write a JOC (James O'Connor) + drama queen article, regardless of fact.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Delve is being 'rested' so O'Connor will be the captain

Kurtley Beale is ok it seems and will play.

15. James O'Connor (c)
14. Lachlan Mitchell
13. Mitch Inman
12. Rory Sidey
11. Richard Kingi
10. Kurtley Beale
9. Nick Phipps
8. Scott Higginbotham
7. Scott Fuglistaller
6. Luke Jones
5. Cadeyrn Neville
4. Hugh Pyle
3. Laurie Weeks
2. Ged Robinson (vc)
1. Nic Henderson

16. Shota Horie
17. Paul Alo-Emile
18. Jordy Reid*
19. Jarrod Saffy
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. Angus Roberts
22. Tom English

Looking forward to Neville v Douglas. They had a great matchup in SS last year, with Neville finishing ahead imo.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
HSBC Waratahs team to play the Rebels
Friday March 1, 2013
Allianz Stadium (kick off 7.25pm)

15. Israel Folau (Sydney University)
14. Tom Kingston (Sydney University)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Northern Suburbs)
12. Tom Carter (Sydney University)
11. Drew Mitchell (Balmain)
10. Bernard Foley (Sydney University)
9. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
8. Wycliff Palu (Manly)
7. Michael Hooper (Manly)
6. Dave Dennis (Sydney University, captain)
5. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts)
4. Mitchell Chapman (Unattached)
3. Sekope Kepu (Randwick)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (Parramatta)
1. Benn Robinson (Eastwood)

Replacements
16. John Ulugia (Southern Districts)
17. Jeremy Tilse (Sydney University)
18. Paddy Ryan (Sydney University)
19. Sitaleki Timani (Southern Districts)
20. Lopeti Timani (Southern Districts)
21. Matt Lucas (Manly)
22. Ben Volavola (Southern Districts)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hopefully Barnes is getting close to a return.

I agree with Chapman and Robinson starting.

Glad that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is fit to play.

I wonder how long we will persist with two props on the bench. It surely isn't a sound tactic for the entirety of the season.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Would have started Ryan and Ulugia. Kepu and TPN need some motivation.

Also would have persisted with Timani. If he and Douglas are going to be tests players they need to learn to make a lineout work and not hide behind the excuse that they are the grunt lock and not the main jumper.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking forward to Neville v Douglas. They had a great matchup in SS last year, with Neville finishing ahead imo.

what!?? The semi final where Souths smashed Manly? Douglas put a massive hit on Neville in which he lost the ball and Souths scored, it basically got Douglas the nod over him for the Argentina game. There's no way Neville 'finished ahead'.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tom Carter surprised me last week, he was good. Great even.

He passed and took contact respectively at the right times and only did one thing wrong when he tried to run around the ruck after receiving the ball, which only works in U12s.

Status
Not open for further replies.