• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, it was pretty much expected before the game that all the Reds would really have in advantage is the scrum.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
tahs look like theyve kept the habit of taking the foot off the pedal when they are too far in front from last seasons. really bloody annoying.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Early days yet. Wins are important. Still got a bonus point at this stage, yes?

And might be due a yellow card soon

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs of the last few years were ruthless more often than not I thought, but it's still early days in this season yet.

Perhaps the Reds are just becoming good at dragging down teams to their level.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bonus point gone for now from the Tahs as McIntyre goes over nearly untouched. Been mostly Frisby sparking the Reds.

You'd expect the Tahs to wake up at some stage and get that bonus point back, but they haven't been in the game for the last 20 minutes, it's just been the Reds messiness.

G

galumay

Clever strategy by RG, the Rosé bored the Tah's to sleep in the first 40 and now they are able to out play a team that is asleep on its feet. Brilliant, dont know why he cops so much flak. The Rosé could come back and win this now.

G

galumay

TRY!!

Edit - I may have been incorrect in my prior assessment of strategy!

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Found the angry pills
Carraro makes amazing break
Passes to Beale. He chips ahead. Taken out in the chase but Phipps regather and scores

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yup, they were just waiting to be woken up.

Reds score and normal play resumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.