• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 8 - Waratahs vs Force - Saturday 15 April @ 7:35pm

Alex Ross (28)
Just as a last comment on this Strachan has been ruled out for at least 4 weeks with concussion symptoms. How are the 2 lads after their incidents that you keep talking about?
Penalties are determined by actions, not outcomes. Could have turned out a lot worse for HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes).
Are you excusing it because he managed to recover?
There is also a photo floating about of Robertson hitting Porecki high in the same game. He went off concussed and is ruled out for a while too.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Penalties are determined by actions, not outcomes. Could have turned out a lot worse for HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes).
Are you excusing it because he managed to recover?
There is also a photo floating about of Robertson hitting Porecki high in the same game. He went off concussed and is ruled out for a while too.
Had they been foul play, I assume the match review panel after the game would have been all over it? How long were the suspensions?

Alex Ross (28)
Had they been foul play, I assume the match review panel after the game would have been all over it? How long were the suspensions?
Maybe Coleman should have complained after the match? Or maybe it’s a conspiracy against the Tahs?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
What it means is there wasn't an issue that reached red card threshold, not that there was necessarily no issue.
By the way, I'm not disputing your claim that the incident shouldn't have been missed, and that these things don't change matches, just making the issue clear

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What it means is there wasn't an issue that reached red card threshold, not that there was necessarily no issue.
By the way, I'm not disputing your claim that the incident shouldn't have been missed, and that these things don't change matches, just making the issue clear
To be fair, I think even in the cases of a missed yellow they can issue a retrospective yellow (for accumulating purposes). Not sure if an incident needs to be cited first for that to happen though.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
To be fair, I was replying to a comparison between Swinton's retrospective red, that Force fans are rightly upset was missed in the game, and some supposed indiscretions by Force players.
They are not in the same ballpark.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
If you cant see the difference between a red card / 7 week ban being missed, and some potential missed penalties (there are lots of missed penalties each way in a match, no-one is donning their Rassie mask here), then there isnt much more I can do as a part of this discussion.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But at least we're not talking about it costing the Force the game (I hope?)

They'd still have all their losses.