• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 8 - Waratahs vs Force - Saturday 15 April @ 7:35pm

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
I wonder if anyone from the judiciary has asked Gus and his cohorts How the fark did you miss it?
Still yet to see the hit on Jorgenson and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wonder if anyone from the judiciary has asked Gus and his cohorts How the fark did you miss it?
Still yet to see the hit on Jorgenson and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)!!
How on earth is it Gus' fault, it's after the ball - it's the assistants and TMO's fault.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Fuuuaark. Honestly didn’t see a lot in it and thought Strachan sold it at the time, but he didn’t have to do it and if he’s hit the head with a shoulder late then he deserves it. Got history and he’s an idiot. I’d say his WC chances might have gone down the toilet with that as well. Can’t trust him
Bit surprised you thought Strachan milked it initially - he went off for a concussion test and missed most of the game (I think he was back on for a period in the first half but was out the second half).

And given the consequences on Strachan, and the history of dirty hits by Swinton, 7 weeks is reasonable.

And Strachan had said to Gus to review, and he wouldnt. Couple that with the TMO missing it, and I hope there was a dressing down of the refs there, if a guy goes off for concussion and its not clear what caused it, surely there is reason to review? Player safety should be number 1.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Easy to understand why the WF CEO is not happy.

Two Red Cards that get overturned by the tribunal (are these the only ones this Super Rugby season?) and a serious HIA and 7/10 week suspension in which the ref, assist refs & TMO showed no interest - which occurred 20 seconds into the game.

Evidently Strachan can remember little about the first half and the WF was rudderless until half time as he barked no orders/directions after the HIA.

Not a good look for Super Rugby.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
How on earth is it Gus' fault, it's after the ball - it's the assistants and TMO's fault.
If you noticed mate i asked if Gus AND HIS COHORTS were questioned. Besides the fact that its Gus in charge of the team officiating the game. They had a farken barry. Not only for this hit but others in the game as well apparently>

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You would think if a player is felled.and stays down for a period the ref's or at least the TMO would take a look at why he might be down. So Swinton did the deed and cops the suspension outside of the game but the Tahs get the 4 points. A Red card in game may have seen a different result on field. Maybe they need to look at 2 onfield Ref's.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Easy to understand why the WF CEO is not happy.
Two Red Cards that get overturned by the tribunal (are these the only ones this Super Rugby season?) and a serious HIA and 7/10 week suspension in which the ref, assist refs & TMO showed no interest - which occurred 20 seconds into the game.

Evidently Strachan can remember little about the first half and the WF was rudderless until half time as he barked no orders/directions after the HIA.

Not a good look for Super Rugby.
Yes the force have been screwed over for sure on this front this year, maybe that is just what happens when we are struggling and already expected to lose. Agree with others on here though if a player in down and needs a HIA how can they not look at it.
And how was Swinton added to the wallabies squad anyway, a lot of other players more deserving

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You would think if a player is felled.and stays down for a period the ref's or at least the TMO would take a look at why he might be down. So Swinton did the deed and cops the suspension outside of the game but the Tahs get the 4 points. A Red card in game may have seen a different result on field. Maybe they need to look at 2 onfield Ref's.
And this is why 20 min red cards are so good. No one wants the Force gifted victory because of one player’s error off the kick off.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
No thanks...can we just have the TMO (and the Ref) do his/her job!

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
It's a bit of a worry that the medical staff allowed Strachan to return to the field in the first half.

Given the judiciary findings, this should have been a full red card, with the Tahs having to pay for basically the entire game with only 14 men. Almost certainly would have been a completely different result.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Only took a week since the Blyth suspension for us to have a top end entry point.
Absolutely zero mention of the players intent in the decision to grade it here.
I think we can now say Blyth got off lightly