• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think it all depends on sharpe form. If he keeps going hard we have to play him all the time. He proved that he should of been starting for the wallabies a few times and Robbie went with Simmons instead. It was crazy in my opinion.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

M

Moono75

I think that Sharpie is playing at a high level and could go round for a couple more years. Great to have his experience around to pass on to Wykes and Toby. No need to prematurely retire these guys, he is a legend after all and he is holding his place on form.

M

Moono75

Anyone have any info on how Nalaga is settling in with the Force. I'm expecting big things from him this season but haven't heard much since his intial arrival. Hurry up season and start already!

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
What do you guys think the final backline will look like- you have so much depth in the outer backs between dellit, stanley, cummins, rapana, nalaga and shephard- even sidey. You'd happily trade one of those players for a ten though

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The Force have had some horrible luck with their flyhalves in their short existence haven't they? It's not quite the prop situation Eddie Jones had one year with the Reds when he was getting park players to play pro rugby, because it's more than one year, but the sinking feeling is the same.

Who knows - their luck could change and Stannard could play the whole season fit - and in the form he finished the 2011 season with. They deserve a break.

The Force backline situation is similar to what the Brumbies have: some very talented players but who are the best 7 and how long will it take to find the answer? Likewise the Rebels have a puzzle with JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) coming into the Rebels team; a more enjoyable one: how will present players, or Big Lloyd even, be moved around the Rubik cube with those two guys in place?

As ever, the answers to these queries will be less important if the forwards front up. With good ball any backline plays better.

M

Moono75

I was wanting to know how Nalaga was fitting in with the Force and low and behold the SMH comes to the rescue. Sounds like he is about to be unleashed on the the Super Rugby comp and at 191cm and 109kg with plenty of power and speed he has got to be one of the most exciting prospects for the 2012 season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-with-as-giant-moves-west-20120202-1qvoj.html

Unfortunaltey for the Force sounds like Jordan Rapana is out for the year with a shoulder reco. Damn we have a bad record for injuries before the season even starts.

T

tranquility

I agree, how exciting is the prospect of Nalaga in super rugby?

He is so much more than a good finisher as well, he has such good detail to his game - I can't help but feel he will be a standout this season.

I really hope the Force kick some arse this season, they have promised so much for so long with absolutely no return.

M

Moono75

I agree, how exciting is the prospect of Nalaga in super rugby?

He is so much more than a good finisher as well, he has such good detail to his game - I can't help but feel he will be a standout this season.

I really hope the Force kick some arse this season, they have promised so much for so long with absolutely no return.
All reports are they are quietly confident....but then who wouldn't be saying that at this stage of the season. Now going into 7th season as a member so I'd like to see more W's than L's on the board. Plus I really want to see us blitz the Rebels. I just don't like them hahahahaa.

T

tranquility

Well you certainly have this too look forward too. He should be able to score 10 against the Rebels on his own.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Moono74 was correct. Rapana is out for the season.

Force speedster's season over
02 February 2012

The Western Force have lost their newest recruit Jordan Rapana for the season after the former NRL speedster was forced to undergo surgery.

The 22-year-old winger suffered a serious shoulder injury at training and now requires a full shoulder reconstruction, ruling him out for the entire Super Rugby tournament.

It's another blow to the Perth-based franchise, who are still in the process of finding a replacement for Willie Ripia after the pivot quit amidst theft allegations last month.

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3824_7473472,00.html

I feel bad for Rapana, but I also feel a sense of relief. After seeing the headline, and knowing the Force's history with marquee signings, I thought it was going to be Nalaga

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Andre? Ham off the bone.

Good to see that scrummie Justin Turner is fit enough to be named in the trial team. This kid could be anything but has had a bad record of injuries in his short career.

Watch this space.

H

high tower

Lee, re Turner - his a good three years out of school and being with the force since he was @ school. Either they took him too early, his crocked or both.
Sheehan will be needed this tear to keep some experience about the inside backs, turner might have to spend this year playing 10 minutes off the bench every other week and getting some stability(muscle) around those knees ala TPN.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dammit that really sucks. Hope the operation works and we see him later in the year either club rugby or something else.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Damn shame for Rapana. Is Pama Fou from the Sevens hooked up with any franchise? Big, tall and speedy, he might be worth a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.