• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Force Should sign the Japanese flyhalf james arlidge he is off contract in england at the end of the year and would be a nice cheap pick up. Showed he can mix it with the big boys at the world cup

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Possibly not.

There will be two, however.

I know bugger all about Rugby League. What are the chances of PNG getting a team? Or a second NZ team? I reckon an NRL team might do well in Darwin. Lots of people in the tropics seem to be League bogans fans.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I know bugger all about Rugby League. What are the chances of PNG getting a team? Or a second NZ team? I reckon an NRL team might do well in Darwin. Lots of people in the tropics seem to be League bogans fans.
As always, revenue is the main driver. PNG want in. I think they are only a small chance. Another NZ bid from Welly is possible but CHCH is probably not serious. Dunno about Darwin - likely not much chance.

Brisbane II ... daylight ... Perth/Central Coast(Gosford) ... Ipswich/Central Qld are the main chances, IMO.

I reckon Perth are close to even money to get in.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Force Should sign the Japanese flyhalf james arlidge he is off contract in england at the end of the year and would be a nice cheap pick up. Showed he can mix it with the big boys at the world cup
I was very impressed with him at the WC, would be a handy player, an cheap as you said. Then you also have Ander Munro from Canada as a possibile option aswell. I'm not saying they would be superstars but they'd be better then nothing (which is what the Force have atm).

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I was very impressed with him at the WC, would be a handy player, an cheap as you said. Then you also have Ander Munro from Canada as a possibile option aswell. I'm not saying they would be superstars but they'd be better then nothing (which is what the Force have atm).
Definitely and the difference between them and stannard is that they can organise an attack

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I am not sure I entirely agree with force's weekend line-up i agree with cottrell being handed a starting debut at browns expense. However putting Harvey at fullback? it seems strange to me to have to player in stannard and harvey playing in there second choice position. and with forces backline woes surely it makes more sense to make mafi to fullback stannard to halfback and harvey to flyhalf.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I am not sure I entirely agree with force's weekend line-up i agree with cottrell being handed a starting debut at browns expense. However putting Harvey at fullback? it seems strange to me to have to player in stannard and harvey playing in there second choice position. and with forces backline woes surely it makes more sense to make mafi to fullback stannard to halfback and harvey to flyhalf.

Havey has been with the Force for a week hasn't he? If that's the case it doesn't make sense at all to throw him in as chief playmaker at 10. At fullback he can jot into a playmaking role in broken play, and play to his strength as a good ball runner from 15 in structured play, and cover the loss of Shepard with his kicking. Don't worry too much about the numbers on players backs, it's more about the systems they play to.

M

Moono75

If Shepherd was a horse he would be put down. He's had more injuries than Evel Knievel! Interested to see how Will Tupou goes and what Harvey brings to the table (some good kicking hopefully). Good to see Cottrell stepping up.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Havey has been with the Force for a week hasn't he? If that's the case it doesn't make sense at all to throw him in as chief playmaker at 10. At fullback he can jot into a playmaking role in broken play, and play to his strength as a good ball runner from 15 in structured play, and cover the loss of Shepard with his kicking. Don't worry too much about the numbers on players backs, it's more about the systems they play to.

I see your point however by the same logic it would take more than a week for him to understand attacking patterns even as a fullback. To put it down to the guy is a solid runner and good kicker so we put him is not logical

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The positive to take out of last weekend was that our defence probably couldn't have gotten any worse. But a whole new set of starting outside backs has me wondering.

Charlemagne

Frank Nicholson (4)
Heard an interview with RG today and the reason for Stannardat 10 this weekend is consistency he was impressed with Stannard on the weekend andwantsto give him a few matches at 10, we have had so many changes at 10 might be a good idea.

T

tranquility

Stannard is a talented footballer no doubt, it might just be less taxing on him if he has a second option. The fact that you are playing a hard running 12, means that having Dave at the back could be a masterstroke. My fingers are firmly crossed.

Up the Force!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stannard's a not a 10, he crabs across the field and turns it on the inside, a 7s move and his only move. He should play 9.

M

Moono75

There is definitely a place for Stannard in the team but until Harvey gets up to speed there's not much choice. So many great halves pairings popping up across the ditch.......it makes you sick. The Force need to resolve this 10 issue once and for all next year with some aggressive recruitment. I'm getting worried about player retention for next year if we have a terrible year. Some talk of the Tah's and Rebels looking to load up next year, possibly to go after Pocock which would be a knife to the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.