• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't know whether Tatuara can be considered a good player at the Superrugby level or not, but generally speaking I like the latest purcheses.
In the last season and in my honest opinion, Force were clearly in need of a better couple of "halves" and more quality in the backline. Now we have Mathewson and Ebersohn and hopefully a player who can give more quality to the game of the backline, which is exactly what Force needed the most. Good choices on the market, I think

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The force should look at signing pakalani as he has been released by the tahs.

I've always thought he was a very decent player but just didnt get the chance to shine on the end of a shit house backline.

He would be cheap and chips and good cover for both wing and fullback.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd be pretty happy with Pakalani. Even happier if he was willing to come in the EPS.

Or is he a foreign development player? I forget.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
The force should look at signing pakalani as he has been released by the tahs.

I've always thought he was a very decent player but just didnt get the chance to shine on the end of a shit house backline.

He would be cheap and chips and good cover for both wing and fullback.

unfortunatly i fear he would go from one shithouse backline to another if he joined the force, although i guess the forces ball movement is a bit better

T

tranquility

I don't know whether Tatuara can be considered a good player at the Superrugby level or not, but generally speaking I like the latest purcheses.
In the last season and in my honest opinion, Force were clearly in need of a better couple of "halves" and more quality in the backline. Now we have Mathewson and Ebersohn and hopefully a player who can give more quality to the game of the backline, which is exactly what Force needed the most. Good choices on the market, I think

Spot on. Atleast the right issues are being addressed.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think Cummins running off tuatara offloads is tantalising. But the question will be wHether or not he plays 12 or 13......Based on what we know you would have to say 12 as i think he is the best option. I think he will be in the force starting line up within the first two weeks. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a back line similar to this.

9. Matthewson
10. Ebersohn
11. Mafi
12. Tuatara
13. Tupou
14. Cummins
15. Godwin

Tupou and cummins could swap but you won't see a lot of people punching through that backline. Plus the centreairing could be our answer to SBW and Kahui.........well..heres hoping!

H

high tower

Why the assumption that Mathewson will be in the 9 jersey, Sheehan is in the wallaby 22 this week and may yet prove that he should have been all year and last. Suggest you ask some guys who have played with him, whether they would rather someone else.

T

TOCC

They wouldn't have brought in a marquee player if they were happy with the one they had already... Local players could have been used for the depth, it's obvious they want a change at 9...

I wouldn't interpret his selection on the Wallabies bench as much either, quite literally a case of last man standing..

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
They wouldn't have brought in a marquee player if they were happy with the one they had already. Local players could have been used for the depth, it's obvious they want a change at 9.

I wouldn't interpret his selection on the Wallabies bench as much either, quite literally a case of last man standing..

Foley did real well with the marquee playing halfback he signed for the Tahs!!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brett Sheehan has a lot of positive qualities but he is not the 9 the Force need. He would be better suited to a more combative pack than the Force have.

A

AlexH

The Force with a decent halves pairing is a slightly more intimidating prospect.

Ebersohn was one of my favourite players from the Cheetahs so it will be great to see what he can do at the Force.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I have no idea why the Tahs let Pakalani go and picked up someone like Hodge. Pakalani's form for Southern Districts lately has been excellent, he was all over Hodge in the Shute Shield final. This signing will come back to bite the Tahs for sure.

Good call in hindsight, but Hodge was signed months ago, before Pakalani hit his purple patch with Southern Districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.