• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Force recruiters must be reading GAGR - Prior and Holmes signed on for next season.

I wonder who this high profile outside back could be? Lachie Turner? Cooper Vuna? James O'Connor?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I still think Felsman would be a good signing for the EPS - the force need more pace in the backs.

Also any news on if Charles has accepted the Waratahs offer?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I still think Felsman would be a good signing for the EPS - the force need more pace in the backs.

Also any news on if Charles has accepted the Waratahs offer?
He is signed at the force for 2014

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Force recruiters must be reading GAGR - Prior and Holmes signed on for next season.

I wonder who this high profile outside back could be? Lachie Turner? Cooper Vuna? James O'Connor?

High profile 'Tah, if you believe the pundits.

When's AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s contract up?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Would we want Turner? JOC (James O'Connor) would be a better fit.

Turner would cost a huge amount less. If someone like Mafi is going to Japan there'd be no reason why the Force wouldn't or shouldn't be chasing both of them.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
My money would be on it being Turner. You get the distinct feeling that he's on the outer with Cheika and his form and recent injury history makes it hard to argue at the moment. Still think he has plenty to offer and if he can get a good season of club rugby under his belt would be a good pick up for the Force.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So a backline of

9. Mathewson
10. Norton-Knight
11. Stubbs
12.Godwin
13. Cummins
14. Mafi
15. Morahan

With some good depth off the bench in Prior, Holmes, Ebersohn, Rasolea, Tupou and CTM.

It seems like a better mix than this year. I guess they just have to sign a few of them.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The article mentions a huge name from the Waratahs. Not sure if Turner fits that bill anymore.

I can only guess TPN or Robbo. With Ma'afu leaving (thank fuck) Robbo would be a steal.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rugby heaven in an artical about izzy and espnscrum in the ruck and maul artical.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I sincerely doubt it, but maybe by enormous name they meant someone who is enormous i.e. Kane Douglas. Would love to have Douglas at the Force. Lynn and Wykes aren't cutting the mustard.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
One article mentioned an enormous name and the other mentioned a well know outside back. I think they are referring to the same player. Hence why I suggested Turner, JOC (James O'Connor) and Vuna, because I can't really think of anyone else moving.

The force need to keep the signing going to build up some depth. They need another winger/full back to cover mafi, and they also need a second choice centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.