• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
However, apparently his contract currently states that he can only play for the Reds if he remains in Australia next year.........

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
safe to say the rebels and force will be going hard for him. we need another winger and you guys need to replace mafi.
turner available as well - so some good off season moves
re vuna - that incident aside, by all accounts vuna and beale get a long very well. they often room together and hang out together a fair bit. i dont think vuna will be angry if beale remains, provided he's learnt his lesson.

M

Moono75

Lachie Turner broken leg playing for Eastwood. Out for season. I would be steering clear of him if he was the high profile back being alluded to as possilby coming to the Force. Sad for Turner.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Prior and Holmes are what we need: young, talented and with a lot of potential. It's very important to re-sign both Mafi and Cummins, the backline would sound very promising.
Holmes could be the starting flyhalf (please don't tell me you really like SNK :p )
So, halves and backline:

9 Mathewson
10 Holmes
11 Mafi
12 Godwin
13 ?
14 Cummins
15 Morahan

It's only missing a good outside centre to complete an interesting backline. If there's no space for very big names or rising young stars, I'd go for Andrew Smith. Otherwise, there's plenty of options

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I don't want Digby back. He couldn't hack it here without is family last time. What's to say this time will be any different.

I honestly believe he needs to go to Japan, earn the cash he feels he needs to earn to support his family.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Prior and Holmes are what we need: young, talented and with a lot of potential. It's very important to re-sign both Mafi and Cummins, the backline would sound very promising.
Holmes could be the starting flyhalf (please don't tell me you really like SNK :p )
So, halves and backline:

9 Mathewson
10 Holmes
11 Mafi
12 Godwin
13 ?
14 Cummins
15 Morahan

It's only missing a good outside centre to complete an interesting backline. If there's no space for very big names or rising young stars, I'd go for Andrew Smith. Otherwise, there's plenty of options

Rasolea or Stubbs? or perhaps finally CTM

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
So, halves and backline:

9 Mathewson
10 Holmes
11 Mafi
12 Godwin
13 ?
14 Cummins
15 Morahan

Poor Pryor. From bench to bench.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Woodenspoon No love for Rasolea? I think he has a lot of promise. Probably more suited to 12 but can play 13.

Holmes is probably a better long term option at 10 with SNK able to fill in at 10 or 15 from the bench.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
ya i really like rasolea - quality player.

if you guys can resign cummins and mafi ( i reckon you are a shoe in to resign cummins), you will suddenly have a very strong back line to go with your very strong pack.
I think you guys could be quite formidable next year..and i think the Tahs are going to be very strong - all leads to a very strong australian conference and australian rugby with a lot of depth!
three years of teething issues, but i think next year the fruits of expansion will be a lot more evident.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think another thing the team needs is a front rower who or another lock that offers more go forward and explosiveness. At the moment a lot of the tight five power & dominance is falling on the shoulders MMM and Tessman. What happens when MMM is injured and we get rid of tessman?
But I think Walton is shaping up to fill this void.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think our prop stocks are pretty good once we get rid of Maafu and Manu gets elevated to a full contract. Cowan and Faulkner provide a lot around the ground, although prehaps not explosiveness. I think Manu's no slouch either from what I can recall.

We defintely need someone to stand up and partner MMM though. It's a pity we weren't able to retain Luke Jones, because he would've done quite nicely.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think our prop stocks are pretty good once we get rid of Maafu and Manu gets elevated to a full contract. Cowan and Faulkner provide a lot around the ground, although prehaps not explosiveness. I think Manu's no slouch either from what I can recall.

We defintely need someone to stand up and partner MMM though. It's a pity we weren't able to retain Luke Jones, because he would've done quite nicely.

I don't think anyone in our forwards dont do their share of work but i have said it before. There is a difference between quantity and quality. Although players like Wykes, faulker, Lyn and cowan make multiple tackles and runs. None of them consistently 'win the contact' i would willingly give up a player who make 13 average tackle a game for someone who make 9 but 3 are dominant

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Going on what has already signed and what is rumoured to have signed the team for 2014 is shaping at something like this

1) Cowan
2) Charles
3) Longbottom
4) ?
5) MMM
6) Cottrell
7) Hodgson
8) Brown

9) Alby
10) Holmes
11) Mafi
12) Godwin
13) ?
14) Cummins
15) Morahan

16) Tessmann
17) Faulkner
18) Manu
19) Walton
20) McCalman/Alcock
21) Prior
22) Junior
23) SNK/Burton

We still need a top flight 13 i would love for us to get back JOC (James O'Connor) and put him there i think he would be unstoppable there.

Our locks are lacking. Wykes Lynn and Battye just haven’t cut the mustard 2 of them have to go with Walton coming onto a full squad spot. there was a article in the West yesterday about Holmes coming to perth and at the end it said that it was expected that the Force would receive a 2nd Marquee spot for 2014 at the AGM this week and they are already looking to SA to fill that spot with a Lock. so we will have to wait and see what comes with that.

M

Moono75

Going on what has already signed and what is rumoured to have signed the team for 2014 is shaping at something like this

1) Cowan
2) Charles
3) Longbottom
4) ?
5) MMM
6) Cottrell
7) Hodgson
8) Brown

9) Alby
10) Holmes
11) Mafi
12) Godwin
13) ?
14) Cummins
15) Morahan

16) Tessmann
17) Faulkner
18) Manu
19) Walton
20) McCalman/Alcock
21) Prior
22) Junior
23) SNK/Burton
What about Sias? As I mentioned previously are we thinking he will be released so he can shop around for a contract in SA.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We still need a top flight 13 i would love for us to get back JOC (James O'Connor) and put him there i think he would be unstoppable there.

Our locks are lacking. Wykes Lynn and Battye just haven’t cut the mustard 2 of them have to go with Walton coming onto a full squad spot. there was a article in the West yesterday about Holmes coming to perth and at the end it said that it was expected that the Force would receive a 2nd Marquee spot for 2014 at the AGM this week and they are already looking to SA to fill that spot with a Lock. so we will have to wait and see what comes with that.

I don't get that 2nd Marquee spot stuff at all. Did they mean we now have access to four marquee spots (two capped, two developing players)? Because we currently have Mathewson (capped) and Ebersohn and Hayward (uncapped). Lock stocks in Australia are a bit bare.

There aren't any top flight 13s going around in Australian rugby. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is about the only one I rate and he's locked up at the Waratahs. We'd be better off focusing our efforts on Rasolea at 13 and maybe having Cummins (if he re-signs) as a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.