• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I find it hard to put into words how much I dislike Growden. That kind of sleazy gossip mongering is more the province of a web site from the Gawker family and doesn't belong on a supposedly reputable media outlet such as ESPN. Let's face it, the bloke knows fuck all about rugby so he fills the void with lurid details of events that most likely didn't happen and/or the supposed good oil from snouts in high places.

He appears to have a massive chip on his shoulder, about what I have no idea.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I have a bit to say on the "matter" but can't string it together without writing an essay. So in short:

1. Growden is a has-been cankerous parasite sucking legitimate column inches away from deserving and talented journalists. Dead wood.

2. In an ideal world, this sort of muck would only highlight the bigotry and foolishness of the author. I'm heartened to see this is the case on this forum.

3. I can't wait for the day when a young man sticks it to the sporting status quo and plays without his sexuality shrouded, and fucking dominates in a sport like rugby.

Also, now that the Rebels have exhausted all mathematical chances of finals, I (finally) consider myself on the Force bandwagon. I carried a bit of bitterness towards you lot when you were awarded the fourth franchise but that's all water under the bridge.

Badge for PM!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck Growden. Why is it an issue if someone is gay? Shouldn't their achievements on the rugby field be the talking point? So what if they have a particular sexual orientation - just like gender, it shouldn't be an issue. People like Growden remind us that prejudice is alive and well in a contemporary Australian society.

If I was ESPN, I would be seriously reviewing his employment contract.

Sorry for the rant Force fans.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Growden is a worm. He's been shit for Australian rugby for years and ESPN are utter fuckwits for picking him up

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Let them know. They're clearly on the pulse of social media, having taken down his drivel after being posted.

Twitter: @espnscrum

ps. Badge for PM.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
you would think but just look at the way people reacted in America when Michael Sam came out ahead of todays draft interestingly he still hasnt been drafted...
That's because he projects as a 3rd/4th round talent, not because he's gay. If he was good enough, he would have been drafted. There's a fair few DEs/LEOs ahead of him.

As for Growden. He's a grub of a man. Hard to think of anyone who's done more damage to Australian rugby. This is pure filth masquerading as journalism and if ESPN have any integrity he should be fired foe it.

M

Moono75

Growden needs to realise we don't care if an athlete is gay. He still lives in a world where he thinks that's headline news. Blah blah play ball.

NFL draft very subjective. Players can project as 1st rounders and drop just from a poor showing at workouts. Interesting all the same from a sports admin perspective.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
After the first few rounds this year I was convinced Foley hadn't learnt from his years at the Tahs.

Mia Culpa.

The Force have developed quickly from those couple of humiliations and have shown a consistency that has always eluded them. In doing so they have shown far more attacking play in depth than his sides ever showed at the Tahs, whilst maintaining the forward drive and application to task that has always been a hallmark of Foley coached packs, which made him the premier forwards coach in Oz.

To his great credit many Force players are now genuine Wallaby contenders, from a starting point when the only player being discussed as a possible Wallaby was Godwin and on potential alone.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I had heard that ol Growdie was kicked out of the Wallabies hotel some years back and has been bitter and twisted ever since. I sent old Georgie Robinson a welcome email and stated that it was refreshing to see olf greg replaced by her. She said that she owes Growdie for teaching her everything she knows which I found offputting in some ways. I do rate old Georgie quite highly though.
I forgot to mention that Growden blows goats.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Usually this time of year one of
Us is starting a new thread looking ahead to next year. No need this time! Haha

Anyone seen the video on mike Cadogan's Facebook page? Foleys chip shot? The team look like hey are enjoying the trip and are all good mates.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Usually this time of year one of
Us is starting a new thread looking ahead to next year. No need this time! Haha

Anyone seen the video on mike Cadogan's Facebook page? Foleys chip shot? The team look like hey are enjoying the trip and are all good mates.

Well I have started said thread http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/western-force-2015.14138/ but with out all the doom and gloom of past years.

Just checked to clip out great stuff Foles!

Also had a quick look at some of the photos and who do i see running around with the boys in SA.......Ryan Hodson another WA boy who has been in and around super rugby!

So i guess for the people asking who the back up 7 is have now got their answer.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Cheetahs want Sias back. They have finally realised that Goosen is an enigma.

Good for Sias - he can demand some dollars I am sure the Force want to keep him.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/cheetahs-want-sias-back

The Cheetahs are trying to lure Sias Ebersohn back to Bloemfontein.
The flyhalf left the Cheetahs for the Force at the end of 2012 after falling behind Johan Goosen and Riaan Smit in the pecking order. He claimed he was not given the game time he was promised.
On Saturday, Ebersohn made a point when he was successful with all five of his goal kicks as the Force beat the Cheetahs 23-16, while Goosen, who has been linked with a move to Toulon, struggled.
Cheetahs backline coach Hawies Fourie said head coach Naka Drotské approached the 25-year-old about a return to Bloemfontein.
'Naka has made him an offer and we are trying to get him back,' Fourie told The Times. 'He hasn't accepted the offer yet and I'm not sure if he will because he has other offers as well. It is not simply a case of making the guy an offer and him coming back.
'He is weighing up his options and will have to look at what move is best for him. He has to decide which is the best for his career between playing here in SA and playing overseas.'
What may keep Ebersohn in Perth is the fact that he will became eligible to play for the Wallabies at the end of next season having spent three years in the country.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah. There was reason for it though. He was amazing at all age group levels. I think he got fast tracked too early and a series of really bad injuries hurt his confidence. Seems to break really easily and now wonders if that plays on his mind. It must.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There was an article in The West a couple of weeks ago about Sias and he stated that we wanted to stay in Perth if possible. He, like a few others, have come to enjoy the life over here and want to stick around. All good I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.