• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Look I want to see McDonald get a run, but I'd also like to win some games. Who do you pick with 20 to go? McDonald or Prior. You would be willing to try McDonald more with an established 10 but McIntyre has been pants.

I hold a home that, if new Fiji/Pasifika teams are on the scene in 2022, we could have some development tours.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
If he's not injured he should be playing! Never going to get experience if you don't get the chance to. Australian rugby has for too long been taking the safe options and its not like our attack is absolutely killing it.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
If he's not injured he should be playing! Never going to get experience if you don't get the chance to. Australian rugby has for too long been taking the safe options and its not like our attack is absolutely killing it.

you wouldn't be a pally man ,by chance,Boof,LOL

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ah damn it.

You’ve got me.

My covers blown.

And rightly so.
In the same way, the Western Force has been back in Super Rugby Au for now the 2nd year yet you wouldn't know it on G&GR.
The Super Rugby drop-down menu on the HOME screen still only shows 4 teams.
Guess which one is missing?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
And rightly so.
In the same way, the Western Force has been back in Super Rugby Au for now the 2nd year yet you wouldn't know it on G&GR.
The Super Rugby drop-down menu on the HOME screen still only shows 4 teams.
Guess which one is missing?

I think what you're demonstrating here is called confirmation bias.

A quick search of the home page shows there are a number of areas which haven't been updated for a while, including the Super Rugby 2021 Super Rugby schedule.

G&GR is run by people in their spare time, if you're somehow qualified in website design and are offering up your services I'm sure they would welcome you in, bit rich criticising them though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

A quick search of the home page shows there are a number of areas which haven't been updated for a while, including the Super Rugby 2021 Super Rugby schedule.

G&GR is run by people in their spare time, if you're somehow qualified in website design and are offering up your services I'm sure they would welcome you in, bit rich criticising them though.

the offer has been put to Force fans repeatledly. Here, on their fan forum, social media, directly. Come and write, showcase the game and your team. No one commits and yet the bleating remains.

You may have noticed that bugger all is happening on the front page. Some daily news. Some Reds reviews written by the same people, Brumbies reviews written by the same person. As has been mentioned previously here, it's all winding down.

Mostly due to a lack of people willing to stick their hand up and help out. But keep up with the chip on the shoulder stuff. We all feel sooooo sorry for you. Does that feel better?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)

Thanks Dan Quixote

This is a Rugby site with forums that create the opportunity for rugby fans and fans of individual teams to add to the discussion.

Anybody who is passionate about rugby as "the game that they play in heaven" or an individual team will suffer from 'confirmation bias'.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
the offer has been put to Force fans repeatledly. Here, on their fan forum, social media, directly. Come and write, showcase the game and your team. No one commits and yet the bleating remains.

As you are well aware RR, I was a weekly contributor to G&GR with my Ruck Breakdown Analysis during the rugby season, but couldn't maintain the passion once the Western Force was axed.

The bias against a team that was so unfairly treated and now represents some of the new/good things that are happening in Australia and to grow the game in our region is tiresome to the extreme.

That bias has been evident long before the Force was axed and has been commented on before.

Perhaps G&GR has run its race?
However, while it's still here I'll continue to present what happening in the West, with the Western Force and Tattarang's efforts to grow rugby in the Indo-Pacific region.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Thanks Dan Quixote

This is a Rugby site with forums that create the opportunity for rugby fans and fans of individual teams to add to the discussion.

Anybody who is passionate about rugby as "the game that they play in heaven" or an individual team will suffer from 'confirmation bias'.

So offer up your services to upgrade the webpage then?
I just think it’s a bizarre issue to raise as the solution is simple.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As you are well aware RR, I was a weekly contributor to G&GR with my Ruck Breakdown Analysis during the rugby season, but couldn't maintain the passion once the Western Force was axed.

The bias against a team that was so unfairly treated and now represents some of the new/good things that are happening in Australia and to grow the game in our region is tiresome to the extreme.

That bias has been evident long before the Force was axed and has been commented on before.

However, while it's still here I'll continue to present what happening in the West, with the Western Force and Tattarang's efforts to grow rugby in the Indo-Pacific region.

Yeah I remember your content. Was good stuff. I had to spend about an hour each time formatting and correcting spelling and grammar etc but it was good to have the broad content. Not force specific of course but quality content.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
How interesting...regular contributor for > 3 years and the first time I’ve been given any feedback - let alone critical stuff.

Sorry for causing you so much grief.

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How interesting.regular contributor for > 3 years and the first time I’ve been given any feedback - let alone critical stuff.

Sorry for causing you so much grief.

not relevant to the topic - but go back and check your e-mails........

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

You may have noticed that bugger all is happening on the front page. Some daily news. Some Reds reviews written by the same people, Brumbies reviews written by the same person. As has been mentioned previously here, it's all winding down.

Content has always been focused on where the contributors have come from. Unsurprisingly, very few people have been keen to consistently write about teams other than their own or content that has nothing to do with their interests. For years there were more NSW/Qld contributors than elsewhere and hence that content got covered in more detail.

The daily news also got criticised at times for being NSW/Qld-centric. Likewise, the majority of rugby coverage in the media is from NSW and Queensland so it isn't exactly surprising.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Force CEO hits back at salary cap claims (FOX SPORTS)
April 14, 2021

READ FULL ARTICLE BY CHRISTY DORAN ON FOX SPORTS

Force CEO Tony Lewis has hit back at claims the franchise have unlimited resources at their disposal and said they’re playing within the salary cap.

Sacked Waratahs coach Rob Penney said after his final match in charge of NSW last month the competition wasn’t a fair playing field.

The New Zealand coach pointed to the Force having “363 international caps” compared to the Waratahs’ 33, but Lewis refuted those claims.

“Unfortunately for Rob he was factually incorrect and not true, and we operate with the exact same criteria as every other Super team in the competition where we have a salary cap,” Lewis told foxsports.

Read more.......

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Force CEO hits back at salary cap claims (FOX SPORTS)
April 14, 2021

READ FULL ARTICLE BY CHRISTY DORAN ON FOX SPORTS

Force CEO Tony Lewis has hit back at claims the franchise have unlimited resources at their disposal and said they’re playing within the salary cap.

Sacked Waratahs coach Rob Penney said after his final match in charge of NSW last month the competition wasn’t a fair playing field.

The New Zealand coach pointed to the Force having “363 international caps” compared to the Waratahs’ 33, but Lewis refuted those claims.

“Unfortunately for Rob he was factually incorrect and not true, and we operate with the exact same criteria as every other Super team in the competition where we have a salary cap,” Lewis told foxsports.

Read more...

Interesting to read about the overall competition reduced salary cap in 2022. That hasn't been reported elsewhere, and with the CBA expiring this year, is a fascinating development/concession by the players

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is why we're called the "Sea of Blue".

174112365_3951405821564804_3992314631386436790_n.jpg

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I don't have a real issue if a team was to have an unfair advantage because they are luck enough to have a sponsor/vested interest/owner who is a billionaire and wants to invest in Rugby.

As long as the money is for the improvement of Rugby in WA as well then all is good.

Many sports have teams that seem to be able to outspend other teams, or get players to take less money and essentially break a salary cap, but who wants to see the New York Yankees, Manchester City or New England Patriots to get in trouble.

I am sure the Force likes that their team spends money to be competitive, and as an opposing fan it gives me greater satisfaction to beat a team that some think are bending the rules.

I love what the Force have done and hope to see them in the grand final at Lang Park.