• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2022

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Had 14 sides the last few years. Providing no more changes than in the article, it looks like 10:

1. Associates
2. Cottesloe
3. Palmyra
4. Wests Scarbs
5. Joondalup
6. Nedlands
7. UWA
8. Kalamunda
9. Wanneroo
10. Southern Lions
11. Perth Bayswater
12. Coastal Cavaliers (Rockingham and Mandurah)*
13. Curtin Uni
14. ARKs

* Joint venture
Thanks - 10 is reasonable for a competition. Good call it seems to keep the integrity based on competition breaches and competitiveness.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dodged a bullet here Force fans

Attachments

• 49A67820-86AB-4F44-8E58-01458062772D.jpeg
    49A67820-86AB-4F44-8E58-01458062772D.jpeg
    911.3 KB · Views: 204

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
One of the blokes I work with was talking about the relegation of the clubs a couple of weeks ago. He plays for one of them (Southern Lions, who were my junior club way back in the day) and everyone's pretty disappointed. The level of communication about the reasons for the relegation in his view was pretty poor.

I hope we can get back to having more than a collection of first grade clubs that predominantly hug the Swan River or are in the western suburbs. We don't grow the game by exclusion.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
In reality the club relegation issue is a RugbyWA matter not a Western Force matter.
I agree about the poor communication.
There is zilch on the RugbyWA website.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
One of the blokes I work with was talking about the relegation of the clubs a couple of weeks ago. He plays for one of them (Southern Lions, who were my junior club way back in the day) and everyone's pretty disappointed. The level of communication about the reasons for the relegation in his view was pretty poor.

I hope we can get back to having more than a collection of first grade clubs that predominantly hug the Swan River or are in the western suburbs. We don't grow the game by exclusion.
RugbyWA might have re-thunk it and postponed the wipe out south of the river.

Lions and ARKs could be back in for 2022...?

1. Associates
2. Cottesloe
3. Palmyra
4. Wests Scarbs
5. Joondalup
6. Nedlands
7. UWA
8. Kalamunda
9. Wanneroo
10. Southern Lions
11. Perth Bayswater
12. ARKs

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Western Force reportedly looking at options where they might play some early season games on the East Coast/Queensland if the border restrictions prevent them from getting back into the state.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Western Force reportedly looking at options where they might play some early season games on the East Coast/Queensland if the border restrictions prevent them from getting back into the state.

I believe that Qld has finally removed the border restrictions.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Liking the new jerseys for 2022.

Creating history as the first rugby club in Australia to showcase an Indigenous pattern throughout our season.
Our jersey represents our past and our future.

271915643_4805001682871876_3355783847366590688_n.jpg

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
1. Robertson 2. Kaituu 3. Medrano
4. Rodda 5. Timani
6. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) 8. Stander 7. Koteka
9. Prior 10. Mcintyre 11. Pulu 12. Godwin 13. Kahui 14. Mataele 15. Mcgregor
16. Ready 17. Lloyd 18. Holmes 19. Thrush 20. Anstee 21. Fines 22. Kuenzle 23. Tapine

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
4. Rodda 5. Timani
6. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) 8. Anstee 7. Koteka
9. Fines 10. Pasitoa 11. Pulu 12. Kuenzle 13. Godwin 14. Mataele 15. Stachen
16. Ready 17. Lloyd 18. Holmes 19. Thrush 20. Stander 21. McDonald 22. Kahui 23. Ala

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
4. Rodda 5. Timani
6. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) 8. Anstee 7. Koteka
9. Fines 10. Pasitoa 11. Pulu 12. Kuenzle 13. Godwin 14. Mataele 15. Stachen
16. Ready 17. Lloyd 18. Holmes 19. Thrush 20. Stander 21. McDonald 22. Kahui 23. Ala
Lacks serious go forward in the centres. Yes Mataele was a good pick up but not replacing Taefu or TK will be in error I think.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Lacks serious go forward in the centres. Yes Mataele was a good pick up but not replacing Taefu or TK will be in error I think.
While big body centres are great to have, they are not always neccessary. Marck Ozich will now be running the attack and besides Visinia at full back I do not remember the Hawkes Bay back line being overly big and they seemed to perform OK, won the minor premiership. That said Bayley Kuenzle is no slouch and a decent size body.

Watching some older Force games over the Christmas Break, and seeing Sharpie taking the ball up to the line on numerous occasions for the smaller body backline players (Giteau, O Connor ect) to play with once he had drawn in the defenders may work this year with Rodda and Timani both being very big bodied individuals and capable ball carriers.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
1.Robertson 2. Kaituu 3. Medrano
4.Rodda 5.Timani
6. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) 7.Koteka 8.Stander
9.Fines 10. Kuenzle 11. Pulu 12. Godwin 13.Kahui 14. Ralston 15. Pasitoa

I believe Fines will give quicker service and find more gaps than Prior.
Kuenzle at this point is a little bit more experience at directing his backs around the park than Pasitoa.
Relying on Kahui and Ralston to give some punch outwide.
Pasitoa will enjoy the extra space at fullback.
And the final piece of the puzzle is Tim Sampson and his coaching assistants.
My prediction the Force to finish sixth in the T T comp.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Just saw on Instagram (@qldgpsrugby) that Campbell Parata has signed with the Western Force. Haven't seen it confirmed by WF yet though.
Will make the fight for #10 interesting, after 3 years with the Crusaders

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.00.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.00.43 pm.png
    869.4 KB · Views: 112

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Just saw on Instagram (@qldgpsrugby) that Campbell Parata has signed with the Western Force. Haven't seen it confirmed by WF yet though.
Will make the fight for #10 interesting, after 3 years with the Crusaders
Great signing if true, he has family back west so not surprising

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Saw that too. Nothing confirmed and a very exciting signing. But how many flyhalves to they need?

9 Prior
10 McIntyre
11 McGregor
12 Parata
13 Godwin
14 Kuenzle
15 Pasitoa

with Strauchan as well all who have played fly half at a decent level.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
McIntyre was uninspiring last season, and I was a big advocate. Parata is still a season off starting I think, but long term a good signing.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Parata great signing if true, has pent time in the Crusaders set up as well as Tasman Marko.

Really starting to build a good youthfull base at teh Force with some older dogs still around to nuture and guide.