• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Again, if they don’t produce any good players, why did they win more games than the Rebels, same amount as the Reds and one less than the almighty Tahs?
Not exactly impressive that they got a similar amount of wins as those teams, the rebels have never made finals and the reds and Waratahs have consistently underperformed since they won the super rugby, 5-9 win loss and 10/12 on the ladder is disappointing

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
No, they lost to the Crusaders by 35 and lost to a second string Blues side quite comfortably
Quite comfortably is a bit of a stretch. They made the Blues work harder than the Almighty Tahs did

What about the 3 point loss to the Hurricanes? What about the close loss to the Highlanders? Both in NZ

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Not exactly impressive that they got a similar amount of wins as those teams, the rebels have never made finals and the reds and Waratahs have consistently underperformed since they won the super rugby, 5-9 win loss and 10/12 on the ladder is disappointing
It is impressive considering they apparently have a much worse squad

Rebels never having made the finals with all the Wallabies they have had is a disgrace

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This all started because I said the Force had been poor on their tour? Is that not the truth? They got dominated by a Cheetahs side that looked like nothing like the side that was competing in the Challenge Cup.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It is impressive considering they apparently have a much worse squad

Rebels never having made the finals with all the Wallabies they have had is a disgrace
Made the finals in 2020 baby! Just after losing Adam Coleman, Genia, Cooper and Maddocks. Don't need no shiny Wallabies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Made the finals in 2020 baby! Just after losing Adam Coleman, Genia, Cooper and Maddocks. Don't need no shiny Wallabies.
Come on now, I am a Rebels fan and I don't count that. I also don't count finishing 7th or 8th as making finals. Your just there for a extra game for TV, your not going to win the comp.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It takes NZ teams 7-10 hours to get to Perth, 5 timezones. The evidence is pretty clear by the NZ performances in Perth and at home v Farce.
And obviously the reverse travel demands is true.

Kiwi teams make that trip once every 2 years, how many times a year are the Force travelling from WA to AEST or NZ.

what’s the accumulative travel time in a season.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
374567572_801491298644785_3595983353080391390_n.jpg

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This all started because I said the Force had been poor on their tour? Is that not the truth? They got dominated by a Cheetahs side that looked like nothing like the side that was competing in the Challenge Cup.
You think this is the Force's best side? It's basically a learning experience for younger players on how to conduct yourself as a professional player, travel, train and prepare for a game. A bit of team building and mateship under the guidance of a couple of senior players. If it makes you feel better to dump on the Force......hahaha let's butcher their name and call them the Farce, how cleaver. Well that speaks volumes for you and your inherent bias.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Gee I wonder why? Maybe because they don't produce any very few players. Have a billionaire backing them, sign overseas rejects and take spots of Aus-eligible players and still whinging about all the travel they have to do.
Why does any of the above actually matter? Do the Melbourne Storm, Sydney Roosters or New Orleans Pelicans actually produce players. This is the reality of professional sport.