• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Screen Shot 2023-09-30 at 9.19.59 am.png

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
So what's a likely lineup from next year

Not sure who the captain would be?

1 - Medrano
2 - Horton
3 - Pearce
4 - Rodda
5 - Williams
6 - Anstee
7 - Tizzano
8 - Harris
9 - IFL
10 - Burey
11 - O'Donnell
12 - Stewart
13 - Spink
14 - Potter
15 - Donaldson

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
So what's a likely lineup from next year

Not sure who the captain would be?

1 - Medrano
2 - Horton
3 - Pearce
4 - Rodda
5 - Williams
6 - Anstee
7 - Tizzano
8 - Harris
9 - IFL
10 - Burey
11 - O'Donnell
12 - Stewart
13 - Spink
14 - Potter
15 - Donaldson
Names seem close but Medrano will play tight head (#3), Pearce loose head (#1) & Rodda most likely tight head lock (#5).

O'Donnell has never played much wing, but he may be ahead of Spink by the Ned of 2024 as is a great prospect. Leahy looks a real prospect so will potentially get good game time on the wing.

Tiatia > Donaldson, White > IFL for me.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, I've never seen O'Donnell go further than 13 right through School Boy Rugby. I know a lot of Centres can get blooded that way but you need to make sure they do have the straight line speed not to look like Quinn Tupaea when he had to slot in. Leahy was also a Centre but can probably fit on the Wing better than O'Donnell for me.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I think O'Donnell only signed for one season. I don't know why the Force didn't insist on a 2 year deal.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
I think O'Donnell only signed for one season. I don't know why the Force didn't insist on a 2 year deal.
With the expectation that he will stay on.

As Simon Cron said at the time of the signing: "“His signing is another example of us looking at the future of the Western Force, mapping out a succession plan for these players to come through, play Super Rugby and keep the Western Force strong for years to come.”

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
With the expectation that he will stay on.

As Simon Cron said at the time of the signing: "“His signing is another example of us looking at the future of the Western Force, mapping out a succession plan for these players to come through, play Super Rugby and keep the Western Force strong for years to come.”
Fair enough, lets hope it works out that way.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
In my opinion Burey showed more talent in his 5 games at the end of last season than Pasitoa did the entire previous season before he got injured.

Burey has to start if fit
Pasitoa will be a great 12 imho.