• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where is JON hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He then evolves into a consensus leader
I think the issue is leader.
It is odd that he has followed JON around if his ultimate ambition is to lead.
Seems like a decent guy and I've only ever heard what I would call the background level of grumbling.
I say they kidnap demitriou. Now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If you wanted an ex-AFL CEO who did great things for that sport, you could look closer to home to VRU CEO Ross Oakley. He was the man who took the old VFL national.
I don't want to be ageist but he's 70 - I would have thought we need someone about 50ish.
I concede, having been reminded of him, he is the type of bloke we need.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
From Sunday Maul

❏ Suggestions John O'Neill will depart as the ARU chief executive shortly after the Lions tour next year? Brett Robinson is being pursued by some to take over as ARU boss.
Geez, no rush

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well if JON goes, and QC (Quade Cooper) goes (likely sooner rather than later), and Dingo goes (either way probs wont be in the role after the Lions), we will need Nuci to be in charge of the Wobs, otherwise all we will have on these threads will be QLD vs NSW potshots.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well if JON goes, and QC (Quade Cooper) goes (likely sooner rather than later), and Dingo goes (either way probs wont be in the role after the Lions), we will need Nuci to be in charge of the Wobs, otherwise all we will have on these threads will be QLD vs NSW potshots.
Link is the answer then. A Victorian who played for the Tahs and the Brumbies and coached NSW and Queensland. Chuck in Assistant coach at McQueens Wallabies and he's every man's man.
Let's face it women want to be seen with him and men want to be him!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't forget several years at Randwick to give Sydney siders another reason to have a go at him.

It is a real shame, that he didn't do a Coaching Stint with Sydney Uni or Tuggeranong as well.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought O'Neil was always going after the lions tour

Sent using Tapatalk

I think the official word was always 2013. Never when. But in reality it would either be right after the Lion's tour (much like McQueen, except going out on less of a high) or at the end of the Rugby Championship.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

With JO'N gone, only QC (Quade Cooper) and Dingo left to go win the trifecta. 2nd leg of the trifecta is looking more or less certain. Odds on the thrid leg occurring have probably just pushed out somewhat.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
anyone out there whos particularly suited to replacing JON though? speaking in the business sense, its obvious JON wasnt doing his job well anymore, but we need to see who the new options will be....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not much need for this thread anymore. By his own admission, JON agrees (or has realised that he has little option but to agree) with the Thread title.

Perhaps time for this thread to be locked down.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
So waratahjesus - enough evidence for you?

No, JON never missed a day of work at the ARU & resigned when he believed his workload was to much. JON was in the right and those that have said his job with Echo were the reason for us losing to Scotland and the all blacks have done so on completely false presumptions.

He now works part time for half the money his ARU contract payed. If anyone has put rugby first its JoN.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
You've become a total timewaster in this thread WJ - we've boned users for that before.

Lift your game

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
No, this thread was a time waster then when I gave the opinion he hadn't missed any time due to his new job people redefined what the thread was and it turned into an innapropriate character assassination.

If you didn't expect my reply you shouldn't have mentioned me. Then again, your trolling goes unmoderated. Apologies sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.