• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
irb3_zpszhvcbl6e.jpg

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I have some shit feeling we will end up with some dirty fucking southern Brumbies.. which both Melbourne and Canberra fans will loath..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tomikin a merger either between Brumbies and Rebels or Force and Rebels is something I have been thinking about as a possibility this evening.

If there was a merger Brumbies and Rebels would make more sense given proximity and the fact that the Brumbies had development programs down in Melbourne before Rebels.

So is having "half" a team with 4 home games in one location and 4 in another better than not having a team at all?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tomikin a merger either between Brumbies and Rebels or Force and Rebels is something I have been thinking about as a possibility this evening.

If there was a merger Brumbies and Rebels would make more sense given proximity and the fact that the Brumbies had development programs down in Melbourne before Rebels.

So is having "half" a team with 4 home games in one location and 4 in another better than not having a team at all?
At the moment I say yes . Id probably be lost to rugby.. Id cancel my membership, thats for sure.. even though I get to a few home games a year, as I leave kn Brisbane.. Im a Canberra boy and the Brumbies are a Canberra team.. Any kinda fuckery with that and I dont think Id feel the assoication I have now..

But it hasnt happened yet so I may feel different if it does..

Who I really feel sorry for are the probably 45 - 50 plus players coaches who are out of a job a pathway and have to go oversea to play rugby... or off too league.. a whole bunch who wont be available too play for Australia..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What an absolute farce. Just fucking get on with it Bill, so we can get on with our lives. For some us, like me, it will mean walking away from supporting Australian rugby if the Force are cut or if we stay, sticking my hand in my pocket to own a share.

Whatever happens, let it be swift, because every day it goes on just hurts rugby in this country even more.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So apparently ARU will hold a press conference tomorrow at 0930 but won't announce which team is to be cut...

ARU are part of SANZAAR, ARU vote is required for any change to SANZAAR, it's obvious now that this change in format is the one they walked away from London with a month ago, so why haven't the ARU made a decision?

It's clear that this ARU board is completely inept and incapable of running a professional sporting competiton.

Yes, they take masterly inaction to new heights don't they.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Cutesie wootsie matchie matchie tiesie wiesies.

Whats with the Japanese dude? Odd tie out? "Fark this. I ain't wearing your shitaki pastel colors."

Fark me what a bunch of ponsey looking twats.

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Sanzaar_super_rugby_2017.jpg

Wonder if there will be an all-smiling signing ceremony for the latest SANZAAR triumph?;)

The bloke back right looks bemused and possibly trying to get himself out of shot. Bill trying to get himself into shot.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I have some shit feeling we will end up with some dirty fucking southern Brumbies.. which both Melbourne and Canberra fans will loath..

It is quite easy to imagine the ARU taking this course and congratulating themselves on being so wise as to keep the rugby flag flying in all current franchise areas. Whichever way it turns out, it is going to be very messy.

M

Moono75

Great day of rugby at Force Field. Cannot fault the fans, cannot fault the team. Fought back from adversity with an overwhealming weight on their shoulders. Fans at the ground had a sense of comradary like we were all being lined up for the firing squad, but despite that some great fellowship before the game over a beer.

The performance on field speaks for itself and after the game, with the SAANZAR announemnt due it was like we were watching an execution by lethal injection. Not a lethal blow delivered, still fighting for survival.

The passion by WA fans was the same as the passoin that got us into the comp to begin with. Mixing with the players on the field after the game the uncertanty bound us together. Hodgo speaking after the game.....well his passion was on display for all to see.

Enough of this death by a thousand cuts ARU. You have the abilty to deliver a just outcome for all rugby fans in Australia. Do you have the interests of the fans at heart??

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Alright Iv been thinking.

How about next season we have the following

- 16 super matches with our 4 teams then
- scrap the NRC (I am a fan of btw) instead we have a 6 team domestic competition (5 current super sides + Fiji). 10 rounds + final (top 3 - 2v3 winner plays 1)
- 5 extra home games for our franchises or 5 home games for what ever poor supporter base is alienated.
- it'd have the same purpose as the Currie Cup also keeps professional footprint everywhere
- It'd give the reds, brums and tahs opportunity to take the team on the road. Reds for example, 5 home games could be played in 1 x Gold Coast, 1 x Cairns, 3 x ballymore. Brums can take a game or 2 to country NSW and the Tahs could take games to Newcastle, central coast and god forbid western Sydney (Fiji v tahs in western Sydney anyone?)
- competition can be manipulated however we see fit going forward and obviously a lot of the wallabies players would be missing by surely having the well known franchise names brings more intensity and rivalry than the nrc ones do. Just like the NRC it doesn't have to be played out of massive stadiums, but smaller stadiums under 20k.
- we don't have to get creative with the rules but you could easily get creative with the time slots. Monday night games?
- at seasons end ITM champ v Aus domestic champ
- most importantly it gives us an aus champion, plenty of momentum for who ever is the franchise

Anyway just an idea and a sure fire way to keep a footprint open

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Great day of rugby at Force Field. Cannot fault the fans, cannot fault the team. Fought back from adversity with an overwhealming weight on their shoulders. Fans at the ground had a sense of comradary like we were all being lined up for the firing squad, but despite that some great fellowship before the game over a beer.

The performance on field speaks for itself and after the game, with the SAANZAR announemnt due it was like we were watching an execution by lethal injection. Not a lethal blow delivered, still fighting for survival.

The passion by WA fans was the same as the passoin that got us into the comp to begin with. Mixing with the players on the field after the game the uncertanty bound us together. Hodgo speaking after the game...well his passion was on display for all to see.

Enough of this death by a thousand cuts ARU. You have the abilty to deliver a just outcome for all rugby fans in Australia. Do you have the interests of the fans at heart??

They do have the interests of the fans........all of the board members are the 'fans' they consider the interests of.

all of us common folk (you, me, Gnostic, RH, TBH, BJ R3 etc)? well we can all get fucked according to them

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
They do have the interests of the fans....all of the board members are the 'fans' they consider the interests of.

all of us common folk (you, me, Gnostic, RH, TBH, BJ R3 etc)? well we can all get fucked according to them
And when all bar 2 of the board members are from nsw the rest of us will always get fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.