• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's funny the different reporting of what has transpired today with regards to the legal proceedings.

I am yet to see the court documents or the order, but by the sounds of it there has been a court date set for next week and some form of order (most likely by consent) to not proceed with any actions until at least the outcome of next week's hearing or until further order.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
It's funny the different reporting of what has transpired today with regards to the legal proceedings.

I am yet to see the court documents or the order, but by the sounds of it there has been a court date set for next week and some form of order (most likely by consent) to not proceed with any actions until at least the outcome of next week's hearing or until further order.

is a high profile public interest case like this where the outcome has been seen by most of the public to be unfair. Where comment has been made by many high profile people including Premiers.
Is the review more likely to allow an appeal to be heard for transparency. Also the open court situation will help this.
Or will they completely ignore the public noise?
Of course assuming the Force can make a reasonable case.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Am reading reports the force CEO mark sindeberry is frontrunner for pulvers job. If he gets it does he do a massive about face and help kill off his old club? Would put him in a massive quandry surely.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Forceright

Allen Oxlade (6)
Am reading reports the force CEO mark sindeberry is frontrunner for pulvers job. If he gets it does he do a massive about face and help kill off his old club? Would put him in a massive quandry surely.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hope so - and let sanity, logic and proactive rebuild of the ARU prevail.

bedandbreakfast

Stan Wickham (3)

My reading is an injunction is in place to stop any "discontinuation" of the Force or its licence. An appeal has been lodged and a decision as to whether to hear the appeal or not will be made by Wednesday next week.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
And the hits keep coming, despite this early claim by Clyne that the pathways would remain in Perth, it's emerged the ARU have made plans to scrap the Spirit as well.

“Western Australia will retain an important place in Australian rugby and the ARU will continue to support youth development programs and the community game in the West,” Clyne said. “There will be a clear pathway for young Western Australian rugby players to reach the highest levels and represent the Wallabies.”

Nekminit

You misread. He said that "There will be a clear pathway for young Western Australian rugby players" and will offer free flights to Sydney so that they can go along the pathway to be Wallabies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So here is what I am trying to work out. Apologies if this has been answered but...

Let's say the High Court of the land tells the ARU that it cannot turf either the Force or Rebels and that they are legally obliged to keep them in the comp, what then?

So now the ARU goes back to SANZAR and says nope boys sorry, even though we agreed to get rid of one, wer'e obliged to honor their contracts and they are still in.

Then we end up with Super 16 by default, right? The Cheetahs and Kings are gone. Not coming back. Now what?

5 Kiwi
5 Aussie
4 SA
Wolves and Jaguars

Lol.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Then we end up with Super 16 by default, right? The Cheetahs and Kings are gone. Not coming back. Now what?

5 Kiwi
5 Aussie
4 SA
Wolves and Jaguars

Lol.

We're left with Super 16.

And the overwhelming likelihood is that the ARU would find itself responsible for all 11 others sides/4 Governing Unions additional costs, including but not limited to travel, accomodation and loss of broadcast revenue, as I reckon they would get another round of renegotiation.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So here is what I am trying to work out. Apologies if this has been answered but.

Let's say the High Court of the land tells the ARU that it cannot turf either the Force or Rebels and that they are legally obliged to keep them in the comp, what then?

So now the ARU goes back to SANZAR and says nope boys sorry, even though we agreed to get rid of one, wer'e obliged to honor their contracts and they are still in.

5 Kiwi
5 Aussie
4 SA
Wolves and Jaguars

Lol.
There's been some speculation that if Australia fail to cut a team then the sunwolves will be turfed, but the longer it takes the more likely it is that we'll have a 16 team comp next year.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
We're left with Super 16.

And the overwhelming likelihood is that the ARU would find itself responsible for all 11 others sides/4 Governing Unions additional costs, including but not limited to travel, accomodation and loss of broadcast revenue, as I reckon they would get another round of renegotiation.
I just don't understand why he ARU wouldn't have quietly made official notification over the weekend to SANZAAR that the Force were out. I suspect SANZAAR are quietly and free from legal restraint finalising the arrangements for the 15 team comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BLR

I just don't understand why he ARU wouldn't have quietly made official notification over the weekend to SANZAAR that the Force were out. I suspect SANZAAR are quietly and free from legal restraint finalising the arrangements for the 15 team comp.

Well with the injunction the Force are not officially out. So there is that.

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
You would have to think, unless SANZAAR are as thick as the ARU, that they have been working on contingencies of something like this happening since the day that the Force lodged their injunction.

Their silence, given it is pretty late in the day for planning wise for next season, is curious.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Well with the injunction the Force are not officially out. So there is that.
Actually they are officially out pending getting back in, or not. The ARU are prevented from taking further action by the injunction.

chibimatty

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If it is a 16-team comp, I suppose they could have a 6-team Aussie conference with some of the inter-group fixtures re-arranged. If costs are to be paid, then that's an opportunity for Twiggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.