• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
DG7XHT8VYAEAAS4.jpg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
This looks really weird. It seems from those reports that the ARU has taken the decision to axe the Force without waiting for the outcome of the Arbitration. Am I missing something? Or should we assume the Arbitrator's decieion is known to the ARU?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Fuck.

After the last season this is extremely harsh. The ARU only ever had one outcome in mind and would likely have won a similar case against the Rebels. And after their meek season and Cox's sale this week I have less time for that side than ever. But still I would have liked to see both teams safe.

And a win for the bone heads at the ARU that have rolled from cock up to fuck up with abandon. Get used to Clyne and BP, I fear this keeps them safe for some time. So rugby is the real loser.

"Factors outside the ARU's control". How can they take no responsibility for this mess?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This looks really weird. It seems from those reports that the ARU has taken the decision to axe the Force without waiting for the outcome of the Arbitration. Am I missing something? Or should we assume the Arbitrator's decieion is known to the ARU?

ARU won the arbitration..........

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I think they resolved that it was what they wanted to do, and the press releases are prepared accordingly. Probably had another for a different outcome. I reckon.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
that is a real goddamn motherfucker.

bummer for the players but even more of a bummer for the fans, especially the ones at twf.com.au/. booming great Force fan forum:

twf2016.jpg

jealous as hell of that site, Auckland Blues have nothing like that, no online groundswell of support or community even comparable. Today, shot in the face and hiffed out with the burnables.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So sorry to see my second favourite team axed. Can only hope rugby continues to gain pace in the West in some fashion or other.

Time to get behind the Spirit in the NRC I think.

bedandbreakfast

Stan Wickham (3)

ARU have been trying to get rid of us ever since they let us in.

B

BLR

Rugby will be dead in WA if this is it. Guaranteed. But, we are used to fighting with tooth and nail to get what we want from those over east so I would suspect there is more to be done.

Also, how the hell did they win this arbitration when SANZAAR clearly said in their own press releases this was a change to the existing broadcast agreement. Of course we probably won't find out the reasoning for the decision, as with all things ARU.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Sad day for Australian Rugby. No matter the short-term financial benefits for the ARU, cutting a team, a state and a development pathway off at the knees can only be bad long-term for the ARU. Very short sighted. Especially when the jungle drums are suggesting if the two South African teams are successful in Pro14 that the others may follow.

I hope the Force and Rugby WA find more factors outside the ARU's control and more impediments for the ARU. #strongerasfive

Delphy

Ward Prentice (10)
I kid you not... this from the official ARU statement as reported by Rugby.com.au

"Clyne said the ARU hoped the game would not be abandoned in Australia"

Such great confidence in the future of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.