• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Utterly disgusting... it's a bloody disgrace... Australian Rugby has been comptely mismanaged over the past few years, from the expansion of the comp to how this decision has been handled. It's an absolute clusterfuck of a situation and has caused irreparable damage to not just the Super Rugby brand, but rugby in the entirety of Australia. I'm embarrassed to be associated with a code which displays such level of mismanagement and incompetence..

Every person on the ARU board shiuld see themselves out of the offices and pay back the last 3 years of wages, it's the very least they could do.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Pathetic from the ARU. Rebels should've been rolled. Showed absolutely no fight unlike the Force. Only thing they excelled at was shady dealings with the VRU.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Utterly disgusting. it's a bloody disgrace. Australian Rugby has been comptely mismanaged over the past few years, from the expansion of the comp to how this decision has been handled. It's an absolute clusterfuck of a situation and has caused irreparable damage to not just the Super Rugby brand, but rugby in the entirety of Australia. I'm embarrassed to be associated with a code which displays such level of mismanagement and incompetence..

Every person on the ARU board shiuld see themselves out of the offices and pay back the last 3 years of wages, it's the very least they could do.

I am saddened by the cutting of the Western Force and the impact this will have on rugby generally in this country and in particular in growth area like WA. I am pretty calm and chilled about it all though as I think I had come to the realisation of the utter mismanagement of the ARU the professional game is going to the crapper and with their limited capabilities / strategic foresight and immense financial strain professional game under I could see them only taking this option (more because of what the ARU as organisation represents in terms of its limited capabilities and/or ability to execute proper strategic management that this would be the only option it would and could take).

I really had some weeks ago switched off the professional game due to inept way seen the ARU gone about this, and will still watch Wallabies and oz team Super Rugby team matches on TV (but not with great fervour as have in past seasons). But I am doubtful like seasons past go to live Tahs and Wallaby games as the whole sorry business lost me a while ago (and hence first time in 10 seasons not gone to a Tahs game). I will however watch more Shute shield and keep up my interest in NRC games.

I just don't see the professional game having any future in this country while we have such an inept organisation in place called the ARU running our game. So cutting my losses.

If the ARU are removed and replaced by another body with fresh faces and rebranded I 'may' be more interested in going back to the level of support I use to provide our professional teams but just completely disinterested at this point.

Well done ARU as there are so many rusted on fans like me you have turned away from the professional game. If ever a justification for a complete clean out of an organisation and to start again, the ARU is the classic candidate.

Unlike South Africa which has come up with a Plan B that actually makes the professional game stronger in South Africa there will be no such plan for the ARU as they are completely incompetent and unfit to run any major sport, let alone our own diminishing game that have helped to make so minor and insignificant.

RIP Rugby and well done to the ARU for putting the final nail into our ability to be a great professional rugby nation.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
DG7XHT8VYAEAAS4.jpg

Announced at 4pm on a Friday afternoon.

B

BLR

well I would have thought that his efforts at the force would have precluded him from being a viable option since he was unable to save a Super Rugby franchise

He said during the presser he had to step aside during this process as he is employed by the ARU.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
If anyone turns up here and says John Eales is a respected individual can go eat shit! The whole bloody board should be spat on. Low life scum shit! It'll be interesting to see how many of you guys who are calling this a bad decision from the other union states will stand up and boycott these games that ARU gets any money from. My guess is not many will!!! As to goping to the game here in W.A FARK THAT I will never support anyone or organisation that shits on me and my rugby family.

Status
Not open for further replies.