• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Listening to Hugh's rant on the podcast about the ARU today crystallised something in my mind.

Fans have stopped caring about Super Rugby because SANZAR doesn't care about it. They look at the crooked conference system, fixtures producing months during season without a home game, all momentum lost in the Test window and think, if they guys in charge of this give such a little fuck that they foist this sick dog of a competition on us, why should we care. And they have stopped caring.

T

TOCC

When you have federal MPs like Julie Bishop retweeting about the ARU damaging the game irreparably, you know the ARU have proper fucked up...

Attachments

• IMG_6786.PNG
    IMG_6786.PNG
    432 KB · Views: 293
B

BLR

Umm, I suggest this is Juls just letting her WA voting peeps know she is a proud Perth girl and in the trenches with them in this big fight against the oppressor.

I'd bet she probably doesn't even know who the ARU are, or what rugby is.

Or she actually gives a shit?

EDIT: It seems the narrative you are painting is one of opportunism and less of the underlying current being the Force were the wrong team to be cut.

D

daz

Or she actually gives a shit?

EDIT: It seems the narrative you are painting is one of opportunism and less of the underlying current being the Force were the wrong team to be cut.

Your edit is spot on. Blatant opportunism. I'm sure she gives a shit, but in an oportunitistic way.

How many Force games has she been to, I cynically wonder.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Umm, I suggest this is Juls just letting her WA voting peeps know she is a proud Perth girl and in the trenches with them in this big fight against the oppressor.

I'd bet she probably doesn't even know who the ARU are, or what rugby is.
I'll take that bet - she is a smart operator and I reckon she has assessed the ARU for what they are and she would certainly know what rugby is

T

TOCC

Your edit is spot on. Blatant opportunism. I'm sure she gives a shit, but in an oportunitistic way.

How many Force games has she been to, I cynically wonder.

So your not allowed to have an opinion if you haven't attended one of their games? I've never been to a Force match either.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

NRL already looking at playing more games and bosting investment in WA to capitalise on the rugby vacuum

“You won’t see us just landing a new NRL team there because of what’s happened to the Force but what you will see is us looking strategically at Perth to play games,” Greenberg told Triple M.

“Next year you can expect us to look very closely at what we can do in Perth for new opportunities also what we can do to continue our junior development programs and grassroots as well.

“But it’s not as simple as just picking up a club and moving it in there in the short term. It takes a lot more effort and a significant investment to make it work”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...e/news-story/9abed0cda73a005ac9b4bbfb9e1acd6d

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
So your not allowed to have an opinion if you haven't attended one of their games? I've never been to a Force match either.
Yeah, everyone's slowed an opinion.
My opinion is that she she sees Rugby as a photo op.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her at a Bled or Olympic final.
Not so much anything without significant press coverage.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

The Burkean gambit of rugby punditry.

Not Edmund Burke of the 18th century.

Matt Burke from Eyewitness News.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
whatever helps you sleep easier at night mate. ARU just handed WA to the NRL on a platter

Really? The NRL needed the ARU to give them permission to play games in Perth? Whatever next? My guess is that the vast majority of the population could not distinguish one code from the other (they are both "rugby" to most infidels) and could not care less about either of them.

Refer to Melbourne for confirmation.

T

TOCC

Really? The NRL needed the ARU to give them permission to play games in Perth? Whatever next?

You really cannot see fault with any of the ARU's actions can you?

It's econ101, you remove a product from a market and the consumers will shift to a substitute good, in this case the NRL. Removing the Force shifts the demand schedule for Rugby to the left, and naturally, the NRL will pick up those since they offer a product to the market which is in effect a substitute of what rugby previously offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.