• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Twiggy Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wow! Reference?

I was wondering at Josephine Sukkar in this, once Twiggy endorsed women's rugby. They sponsor Uni which I thought was a stretch, and the new thought the nominal hook up with Rams could connect. But the Stars, wow.

More games back at Leichardt Park.

(Like all things, proof of the pudding etc)

Edit: also implies support from at least one of the Ladies on the Board.

Don't know how this Shit works re: quoting Tweets, but here you go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow! Reference?

I was wondering at Josephine Sukkar in this, once Twiggy endorsed women's rugby. They sponsor Uni which I thought was a stretch, and the new thought the nominal hook up with Rams could connect. But the Stars, wow.

More games back at Leichardt Park.

(Like all things, proof of the pudding etc)

Edit: also implies support from at least one of the Ladies on the Board.
Might get our stars games back at Leichhardt dru. I doubt it will happen but would be happy if did as Leichhardt oval stones throw from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Guys I must confirm that 48hrs ago I was dumbstruck and wanted to kick the cat and anything else within vicinity for that matter. But since I've sat back and thought about it well we now have a great opportunity to start afresh. If the new comp gets going it is a massive opportunity for the players who currently are out of favour with being in the Wallaby setup to financially kick on in a career without leaving home or without having to put up with the political bullshit or worry in 2 yrs time of whether we're gonna get shafted by a new broadcast agreement. If I was involved in any of the franchises from "that" other comp I'd be seriously putting in some leg work behind the scenes to shore up a future posey in twiggyball if 2020 goes to shit. Just a thought I wonder how long it will take for the kiwis to make enquiries?

T

TOCC

Given broadcast negotiation for the next SANZAAR agreement will begin in 12months time, I actually think this is the right time for any new tournament to be brought in.

It won't be easy, and there's plenty of questions over teams, players and time frames. But it could serve as the catalyst to reshape rugby in the Asia pacific,It won't be a quick change, I think the first 2 years will be a slow burn until the next broadcast cycle. But post 2020, if a basic structure is presented then there's every chance this could serve as the trigger to reshape pro rugby in Australiasia.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Guys I must confirm that 48hrs ago I was dumbstruck and wanted to kick the cat and anything else within vicinity for that matter. But since I've sat back and thought about it well we now have a great opportunity to start afresh. If the new comp gets going it is a massive opportunity for the players who currently are out of favour with being in the Wallaby setup to financially kick on in a career without leaving home or without having to put up with the political bullshit or worry in 2 yrs time of whether we're gonna get shafted by a new broadcast agreement. If I was involved in any of the franchises from "that" other comp I'd be seriously putting in some leg work behind the scenes to shore up a future posey in twiggyball if 2020 goes to shit. Just a thought I wonder how long it will take for the kiwis to make enquiries?

Yes it is comforting not to be at the mercy of the self serving ARU and not on that bus hurtling toward the cliff.
I think some of the actions by RWA and Twiggy over the next several months are going to surprise everyone, and not just on the playing field.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If the new comp gets going it is a massive opportunity for the players who currently are out of favour with being in the Wallaby setup to financially kick on in a career without leaving home or without having to put up with the political bullshit or worry in 2 yrs time of whether we're gonna get shafted by a new broadcast agreement.

Sounds good Boof, but I seriously doubt anyone in the new comp will earn as much as a Super rugby player. and anyone who wants the money will still head for Europe for the big bucks!

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Dru

This is for you and those demanding change and wanting to take on the ARU.

I also posted this on the Super Rugby thread in response to the key words used by a poster who posted. """Wake me up when its over"""

Anyways this is a song who key lyric says """Wake me up when its over""" [ i.e the same] and the reason for my post. Also the general lyrics of the song kinda match the injustice as seen by many people against the WF.

Its got a tad under 1.4 Billion views.

The girl in the vid, is the kinda hero of the vid. I liken the vid especially the horse riding parts to the fight with the ARU.

I can see TF on the horse taking on the ARU and the injustice of the position.

Hope you enjoy.

B

BLR

Sounds good Boof, but I seriously doubt anyone in the new comp will earn as much as a Super rugby player. and anyone who wants the money will still head for Europe for the big bucks!

The ARU ran the 5 team comp on $110 million a year I believe. That is chicken feed for some of the parties that will be targeted to start a franchise you would think.

Hell, from what I understand Hong Kong Rugby Union alone has more money than they know what to do with.

Cashed up unions, billionaire backers, World Rugby grants for developing regions, money from broadcast agreements. If it works according to plan I think the players will be paid pretty good.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You've gotta love this guy:

"Australian Rugby Union chairman Cameron Clyne says he was surprised to learn his governing body would be the subject of a Senate Inquiry and believes it is concerning the government would interfere in the decision-making process of a national sports body."

But wait, there's better:

"Certainly there will be questions asked as to whether an inquiry like this is a suitable use of public funds."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...yne-says-government-interference-is-a-concern

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)

"Australian Rugby Union chairman Cameron Clyne says he was surprised to learn his governing body would be the subject of a Senate Inquiry and believes it is concerning the government would interfere in the decision-making process of a national sports body."

"Certainly there will be questions asked as to whether an inquiry like this is a suitable use of public funds."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...yne-says-government-interference-is-a-concern

he embodies all that is wrong with Aus rugby, he has caused or worsened all the problems and is a massive road block to fixing them.
He needs to go and quick.

Managing the message remains the NAB’s top priority. Clyne’s 29 May performance on 3AW has one online commenter noting astutely:
‘He sells this crap like a used car salesmen selling a car with a blown engine for full price. Conveniently not addressing the most important issues and relentlessly presenting the irrelevant.’

Reactions: dru

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Understand what your saying Dan but realistically these guys have only gotta up the pay by say 15% compared to the other comp and bingo players out of favour, particularly players with young families etc, are gonna be jumping in. Much like super league did. The guys fronting this show aren't exactly your flash in the pan millionaire. I point out also that guys of islander descent would love as family bond is strong don't have to go north and away from family to earn a descent quid. Giddy up I say.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The man has absolutely no shame at all.

Does he not know that the Senate held an enquiry in to soccer in Australia?

Or does he not care?

Or is he simply being misleading?

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
The payment of players will be very interesting. I can't see RUPA being happy with a player-auction system that doesn't have a minimum wage, but even with one included we could see some wildly varied salaries in the same teams. Could see the stars on 7 figures with the squad players on 50k or something.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Understand what your saying Dan but realistically these guys have only gotta up the pay by say 15% compared to the other comp and bingo players out of favour, particularly players with young families etc, are gonna be jumping in. Much like super league did. The guys fronting this show aren't exactly your flash in the pan millionaire. I point out also that guys of islander descent would love as family bond is strong don't have to go north and away from family to earn a descent quid. Giddy up I say.

not to mention from a security pov, the other mob (ARU) aren't looking too flash. Could be all sorts of cuts coming down the line to try and keep things afloat.
Even if he has to pay all the wages of 6 teams, which is highly unlikely, he actually can afford it unlike the ARU.

Status
Not open for further replies.