• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who is this player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Where would you like the players to be though? Without an NPC equivalent it's got to be better that these players are in professional environments learning their trade. It's obviously not ideal, but what's the alternative with the structures we have at the moment?

Am I the only one who thought our scrum seemed rather good in that game?

S

sportsfan

I think it is depressing. A team that was beaten by their New Zealand equivalents has eight Super reps. From the NZ 15 I count only three with Super contracts, all of whom are backs. Unless I am mistaken, not one of those forwards has yet matured to Super status. You don't make it to the top in NZ without proving yourself against the others at NPC level. Here you get an armchair ride up. And we wonder why our forwards are marshmallows.

Gee Hawko, winning two tight heads and clearly dominating the opposition in the forwards. Your a pretty tough marker. The NZ 10 (who is a Super player) laid on two trys and kicked 4 goals. Hardly marshmellow stuff is it?
By the way which of PAE, Liam Gill, Luke Jones, Greg Perterson, Hugh Roach, Jordy Taupoa, Jack Kimmance are the marshmellows you refer to out of interest?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Gee Hawko, winning two tight heads and clearly dominating the opposition in the forwards. Your a pretty tough marker. The NZ 10 (who is a Super player) laid on two trys and kicked 4 goals. Hardly marshmellow stuff is it?
By the way which of PAE, Liam Gill, Luke Jones, Greg Perterson, Hugh Roach, Jordy Taupoa, Jack Kimmance are the marshmellows you refer to out of interest?

I think Hawko meant Australian forwards, in general, not specifically this team.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

E&E post is the right interpretation of what I said. We push our young players, particularly our forwards, way too early. Not a single one of the NZ forwards from that match has yet made a Super squad. I think they will in time, but they'll have been put through the fire for club and province first and will come out of that development process battle hardened veterans ready to take the next step. Some people on this site wanted to take Gill on the EOYT to the UK FFS and he's still not properly physically developed.

Then when they get to the grand old age of 25, Deans will be wanting to retire them so he can bring in his next batch of 20 year olds. Tight five players are in their peak performing years between 25 and 32. That is the time period in which we retire them. Look at the good tight fives from the world cup. How many of them were in their early twenties?

That's what's depressing. We bring on young players way before they are ready and as a result our scrum is pushed all over the park and we are monstered at the breakdown. And that's been happening for how long...?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Enjoyed watching the match highlights........ plenty of talent on both sides...video was demeaned by that stupid "dance" at the end!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Interesting that three of that starting XV are in the Rebels books for next season. Fifth Super team doing its job!

Status
Not open for further replies.