• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Only just realised that the Wallaroos vs Fiji is a curtain raiser to Waratahs vs Drua. Awesome!

It's a bit crap for the Wallaroos in some ways but hopefully this means they get a really good crowd.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Massive upset

IMG_0348.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
QLD women hate building pressure, it's like they think they need to score with every break and force too many passess

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The referee for the Reds v Brumbies is just comical. I know the standard isn’t going to be high but come on..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The referee for the Reds v Brumbies is just comical. I know the standard isn’t going to be high but come on..

I thought she was very good all game but made a few questionable ones (both ways) in the last 5 mins

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WR (World Rugby) have made a coupla tweaks to the WXV comp:

"First, it confirms what many have known (but had not been officially announced). The European Champions (ie. Spain) will now playoff against the fifth team in the Six Nations for a place in WXV2 – previously they were placed directly in WXV3.

"Second, the idea of a playoff between the winners of WXV3 and the bottom team in WXV2 has now been dropped. Instead there will be automatic promotion and relegation – the region represented by the bottom team in WXV2 will lose a place to the region represented by the top team in WXV3."

Ruby Tui (who I'd rate as NZR's most recognisable & marketable player right now) has just re-signed through to 2025 RWC defence but is taking "an immediate sabbatical" so I don't expect her to be part of the Pac4 or WXV this year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not official yet but looking increasingly likely that the top tier of WXV will be in NZ in October.

Top three from upcoming Pac4 series will be joined by top three from W6N, being England, France & Wales.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have been thinking (I know and did I mange to breath at same time?) there is talk that Super Aupiki and Super W will become a combined comp?
Now in NZ we have only 4 teams as NZR don't believe there is the depth for 5 teams, and we know RA's feelings of having a team from each franchise, so are we going to see same problems of uneveness,

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ confirmed to host WXV over the weekends of 20 & 27 October & 4 November. Venues TBA but sounds like NZ's will be Eden Park, Sky Stadium & either CheeChee or Dunners.

Edit: just seen another article quoting NZR's Chris Lendrum saying there'll be a Friday night game each weekend with a double-header on the Saturday.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
First Wallaroos squad of the season named.

None of the UK based players named. More bizarly, no Grace Kemp? And no mention of her being injured? She's almost first player picked for mine.

A few very exciting teenagers there in Bosenavulagi, Moleka and Halse.

Hookers:
Adiana Talakai NSW Waratahs
Tania Naden ACT Brumbies
Ashley Marsters Melbourne Rebels

Props:
Bree-Anna Cheatham Queensland Reds
Madison Schuck Queensland Reds
Bridie O’Gorman NSW Waratahs
Emily Robinson NSW Waratahs
Eva Karpani NSW Waratahs
Laiema Bosenavulagi Melbourne Rebels

Locks:
Annabelle Codey Queensland Reds
Sera Naiqama NSW Waratahs
Michaela Leonard Western Force
Deni Ross Queensland Reds
Tabua Tuinakauvadra ACT Brumbies

Backrow
Shannon Parry Queensland Reds
Grace Hamilton NSW Waratahs
Leilani Nathan NSW Waratahs

Scrumhalves:
Layne Morgan NSW Waratahs
Sarah Lewis Queensland Reds
Jasmin Huriwai ACT Brumbies

Flyhalves:
Carys Dallinger Queensland Reds
Faitala Moleka ACT Brumbies

Centres:
Alana Elisaia Queensland Reds
Cecilia Smith Queensland Reds
Georgina Friedrichs NSW Waratahs
Trilleen Pomare Western Force
Siokapesi Palu ACT Brumbies

Wings:
Ivania Wong Queensland Reds
Maya Stewart NSW Waratahs
Desiree Miller NSW Waratahs
Caitlyn Halse NSW Waratahs
Ashlea Bishop ACT Brumbies

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Strange squad in some spots. Presumably one of the locks will be a backrow reserve? Would have thought the Tahs captain Piper Duck would be a likely squad member.