• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Glenn Moore getting another minder/ mentor...

"No, I don't find the appointment of The Professor AND Sir Ted to assist me intimidating at all"
- Glenn Moore, Temporary Head Coach, NZ Women's Rugby Football Team
LOL.

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

"Sure. We could run that drill if you like..............................if you feel it would be of any benefit to the team..................... I mean............................. it's your team........................"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"No, I don't find the appointment of The Professor AND Sir Ted to assist me intimidating at all"
- Glenn Moore, Temporary Head Coach, NZ Women's Rugby Football Team

He's quit.

Surprised he lasted this long tbh, maybe severance discussions dragged on a bit.

Wonder if they'll give Allan Bunting the gig, even if only until the WC. Coached the Chiefs women this year & lots of the women's 7's he coached until recently are also in the XV's squad so he'd have a bit of a head start raport-wise.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
He's quit.

Poor bugger. Sending Wayne Smith and Graham Henry in to "assist" you. The article may as well say "it's like making you head of the mafia family in the movie and then the film company sends over 2 lowly bit part actors..... and you can't help but notice they seem to be Marlon Brando and Robert de Niro."

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's more than few people suggesting that maybe some of the players were all for being fully-paid professional rugby players but still expected to be treated like amateurs when they collectively massively under-performed v Eng & Fra.

So for all we know the poor cnut got shafted but either way he obviously lost at least part of the change-room & we all know how that ends.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What the blazes is going on around here?

The manager did not give Ngata-Aerengamate any reasons for her non-selection, enhancing the player’s sense that she was disposable. In the review panel’s words “she felt she had nothing to lose, and nowhere else to turn, but to go public with her concerns”.

Of course she's fucken "disposable"! Play like shit and you're out on yer arse, tubby! Welcome to top flight sport!

This case feels like a clear demarcation in the sand between the amateur and pro era. The amateur and her feeling she's owed a jersey cos she leads the haka versus the cold hard reality of high performance sport and that whole pesky win/lose thing it has going on

1650120094858.jpg

"Would it kill you to get fit?"

<cue nervous breakdown>

There was a strong belief among some that the review had essentially been driven by an emotional public outburst of one disaffected player, whose views were not reflective of the team as a whole. This narrative was reinforced by several former players, who, whilst not directly critical of Ngata-Aerengamate, spoke in coded language in media interviews pointing to the brutal demands of high performance sport “not being for everyone”.

There was also disappointment from some about the way the 30-year-old had gone about expressing her views, and that Moore’s character had been unfairly publicly maligned without a chance to respond.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting to see Shannon Parry named Wallaroos skipper over Grace Hamilton.

I had heard cultural issues abounded in the Wallaroos and when the new coach was announced, his ability to influence culture was a big selling point.

A big statement made.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tiarna Molloy: her Mum was a few years ahead of me at our school in rural NSW, and a fantastic athlete as well with sprinting.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So trying to grasp the Wallaroos schedule before the World Cup this year, it’s looking solid:

v Fijiana, 6 May, Suncorp
v Japan, 10 May, Bond Uni, GC
v New Zealand, 6 Jun, TBC(NZ)
v USA, 12 Jun, Waitakere
v Canada, 18 Jun, Whangarei
v New Zealand, 20 August, Christchurch
v New Zealand, 27 August, Adelaide Oval

Wallaroos also play New Zealand in first match of the World Cup on 8th October.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Speaking of World Cup, how the hell were these pools worked out. Were they deliberately stacked?

Pool A: Aus, NZ, Wal, Sco
Pool B: Can, USA, Jap, Ita
Pool C: Eng, Fra, RSA, Fiji

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Japan impressive against Fiji yesterday

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Speaking of World Cup, how the hell were these pools worked out. Were they deliberately stacked?

Pool A: Aus, NZ, Wal, Sco
Pool B: Can, USA, Jap, Ita
Pool C: Eng, Fra, RSA, Fiji
Agree. England and France for mine have to be the top two overall.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NZ with a monster 95-pt touchup of Japan.

Japan Inc might treat it as their mortifying watershed turning point, akin to the AB's 1995 RWC 145-pt national shaming, and start their version of the J-men's Pacific Island/mercenary "scholarship" eligibility frankenmess.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apologies for my embarrassingly small knowledge of Aussie Womens Rugby but have any/many of our golden girls from 7s come across for the world cup?