• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Can we move the woman’s super rugby season after the NRL grand final? Plop it right into that dead window of no rugby between club rugby ending and the northern hemisphere tour.

I didn’t follow much of the girls rugby this year but if it didn’t interfere with the men’s game (probably watching the NZ darbys instead of the woman’s curtain raiser) might drum up more support.

Another plus is - you could get some of these off contract girls to do their nrl mad Monday turn up on Tuesday to rugby Australia - go collect a 8-10 week pay cheque in the 15s code.
That's not a dead window for women's rugby, it's when the premier international tournament, the WXV, is scheduled to run.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
That's not a dead window for women's rugby, it's when the premier international tournament, the WXV, is scheduled to run.

I mean sure…

Who do we want to compete against… our girls being poached by the international rugby clubs or being poached by WNRL outfits?

I’m guessing some of the wallaroos would be over in that comp so not too much test match rugby is being played anyways?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I mean sure…

Who do we want to compete against… our girls being poached by the international rugby clubs or being poached by WNRL outfits?

I’m guessing some of the wallaroos would be over in that comp so not too much test match rugby is being played anyways?

you might want to google WXV...

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I mean sure…

I really hope there's at least 23 of them, otherwise we're going to have a hell of time of it.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Interestingly, it’s a very similar set up to the forthcoming Global Champions League or whatever it’s called

Yeah I mean - I think this new bi-annual league is going to take away from some of the glamour of going to World Cup…

I guess World Cup- travel to one country for tournament

World tournament - travel to many countries

Both models - there’s still a world champion being named 3 out of 4 years (excluding lions tours years)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe but the RWC is such a bonanza for WR (World Rugby) (and therefore the unions) so it's wise to capatalise on a tournament of sorts more frequently.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Strange day in The Tron weather-wise, heavy shower one minute sunshine the next. Will probably make conditions a tad greasy but shouldn't turn into a mud bath. Hoping Wallaroos get on the board this time around, 50-0 at this level does neither team any good.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Men against girls unfortunately (no disrespect meant).

Gutsier 2nd half but they have the win and their is a massive gulf in skill and fitness

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ could get really ugly with O'Gorman being sent off (correctly so IMO).

Edit: mis-read the clock, thought it was 20 to go not 10.

How badly have Wallaroos been raided by NRLW? Looks like some unfamiliar faces & names out there from Game 1.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Super Rugby Aupiki expanded to a full round-robin format & minimum wage more than doubled for 2024 & 2025, the latter will hopefully help stave of raids by NRLW.

Next step should be at least a Champion of Champions fixture between NZ & Aus winners & I'd like to see a fully TT comp within five years.