• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nat Wright is back playing 15s - keen to play flyhalf or fullback. Fullback might seem a good shout. Particularly if Draper isn't around

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Ellie Draper signed today with Wynnum Manly, a feeder for the Broncos.

She has been pretty prominent young player for South’s, The Reds and is a current Wallaroo squad member.

I’m not really across the whole women’s league stuff, but is it now like the men’s and the feeder clubs are paying players?

Pretty much the same these days.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems a British Lions women's team is in the wind, with tour to NZ in 2027 being discussed.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just watch a vid on YouTube of the launch & a few nice takes.

It won’t be a direct copy & paste of the men’s & will be directed at doing what’s best for women’s rugby.

it still will be a touring side

Nz was chosen as the tour as they wanted it to be against the best & future tours could be France or North America

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
NZ was the only real choice given they’ve demonstrated the best community support for women’s test rugby outside England/France, highlighted by the attendances through the RWC.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ellie Draper, Reds fullback and occasionally Wallaroo also has switched to League, big loss for Reds coming into Super W

Reactions: Ged

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds sign a yank.

The Queensland Reds have confirmed the signing of highly-regarded USA Eagles prop Charli Jacoby for the 2024 Super W season.

The signing of the 24-Test prop is a coup and potentially opens a new frontier for the best women’s players in North America to link with Australian sides.

Jacoby, 34, trained with the Reds for the first time in Brisbane this week.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Think we will hear some developments tomorrow about RAs next set of investment into women’s XVs rugby.
This the one Reg?

RA have announced an additional $3 million in funding for women's rugby. 10 more player contracts available (up to 45 now) with 8 of those in the top tier (up to $72,458 per year). Also an unlimited number of 4th tier places ($4000 per year).

Should help hang onto a few more of the stars.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
This the one Reg?

RA have announced an additional $3 million in funding for women's rugby. 10 more player contracts available (up to 45 now) with 8 of those in the top tier (up to $72,458 per year). Also an unlimited number of 4th tier places ($4000 per year).

& no longer getting left at airports?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This the one Reg?

Whilst anything short of fully professional is below what they deserve it has at least made massive strides in past 18 months, this is great stuff,and much needed to help those ladies

I am interested in the wording of the contracting, it say's 'up-to' which is inclusive of Super W and Wallaroo payments, does that mean the Super W payments are covered by the Super W team or is that a payment made from RA as part of been a 'Tier 1' Wallaroo? From what i understand the Western Force are offering higher salaries for Super W, so does that mean there Wallaroo payments are capped?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Grace Hamilton named for the Rebels
1708386075851.png