• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wasn't even close huh. Christ I hope the final is closer! ;) o_O
Geez I forgot what a heart attack was, but just about remembered

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wasn't even close huh. Christ I hope the final is closer! ;) o_O
Geez I forgot what a heart attack was, but just about remembered
The final will be interesting. England is the superior team for mine but they did not look convincing vs Canada. Both Canada and France threw themselves into it so both Eng and NZ have had physical encounters. Its a coin flip.

On another note i think both NZ and England have had some very favourable calls from the officials so it will be interesting to see who gets the lean.

Im calling it "ferns vs roses maketh friends with referees electric boogaloo".

Yes im salty France lost. I have a thing for French chicks.

Looking forward to the final though.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Both of those yellow cards for shoulder to head contact looked like reds to me. At least based on what we see in the mens game. Is more leniency being given?

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Both of those yellow cards for shoulder to head contact looked like reds to me. At least based on what we see in the mens game. Is more leniency being given?
In both cases the ref deemed that it hit the chest first and that the ball carrier has lowered their body height so that seems to be their take on it. Don't think they were reds as arms were involved but a few other tackles around the head/neck without impact were ignored from both teams so think they were both a bit lucky.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The final will be interesting. England is the superior team for mine but they did not look convincing vs Canada. Both Canada and France threw themselves into it so both Eng and NZ have had physical encounters. Its a coin flip.

On another note i think both NZ and England have had some very favourable calls from the officials so it will be interesting to see who gets the lean.

Im calling it "ferns vs roses maketh friends with referees electric boogaloo".

Yes im salty France lost. I have a thing for French chicks.

Looking forward to the final though.
Yep Angry on what I have seen you would think English would start favourites. Still it all been good ,and I am pleased regardless how much this tournament has seemed to catch the interest of a good number of people.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Was at Eden Park last night. The NZL-FRA looked much more like professional men's rugby than did ENG-CAN, at least when it came to phase play. I'd only watched women's Sevens properly before but I can see why kicking isn't too popular in women's XV's, which takes some getting used to. That said, the NZ strategy to constant quick taps was sus and the French #10's touch finders were really poor.

BF's props seemed to regularly make good inroads in the first half but the reserve props (or, at least one of them) was dynamite, along with the reserve winger. idk if France are good at the breakdown or if the BF's need to continue working on their cleanouts.

A lot of Frenchmen kicking around behaving Frenchly with their singalongs, and some such. At least once in the NZL-FRA match it seemed like we were in France, such was their elan. On the other hand, the ENG-CAN match might as well have been in Canada, as there were either very few of them (more likely) or they just didn't make that much noise (less likely) which bodes well for the final, as I'd assume the English kicker doesn't have any experience of kicking under pressure of ~40k boos...

Loitered outside the fancy lounge like a hobo during the intermission and saw Bryan Williams, some TV wounders, politician punishers, and got given a free poi by one of the attendees for my troubles.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tournament organisers have said there's less than 100 GF tix left & that seating may be increased - I doubt they have time to add a significant number of seats & remember that the same organisers claimed to have sold out EP for opening day & that the empty seats were due to ~6K people buying a ticket but not showing up (official crowd was just over 34K). Not sure why they feel the need to exaggerate what's been a really successful tournament to date.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep bloody great stuff I thought WOB, still remembering this is where the game grows from-the community!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ pretty sure The Project will do a follow-up story tonight & probably another later in the week when the family (I assume she's taking mum & dad, not sure if there's a sibling) arrive in Auckland, get to meet the players etc etc. All good publicity & pretty much for free. AB could learn a thing or two here.

Status
Not open for further replies.