• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WOO FARKING HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lindommer said:
cyclopath said:
Awesome news! Apart from the fact he aint coming back to NSW, I'm happy to have good players back here. While he would be an asset to NSW, the Tah pack has done OK without him, so for mine it's about having as many quality players in all the Oz teams. And I suppose he is a Qlder.
MMM would be a goose to leave - he is good enough to hold a spot at lock (although I think he should be a better 6) or maybe 8, not to mention contend very strongly with Elsom at 6.

Pedarist, Rocky's a Mexican: born in Melbourne. Played all his senior rugby in Sydney, for the Bulldogs and the Tahs. Passed through Queensland for five minutes and the bastards claim him. 8) 8) 8)

I spent two days in Toowoomba for a wedding back in 2002, they'll be claiming me next.
Well my Dad was born in NZ, but that don't make him (or me) a Kiwi.
But I take your point.
And please, if you must, Pedallist at worst! ;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
Lindommer said:
cyclopath said:
Awesome news! Apart from the fact he aint coming back to NSW, I'm happy to have good players back here. While he would be an asset to NSW, the Tah pack has done OK without him, so for mine it's about having as many quality players in all the Oz teams. And I suppose he is a Qlder.
MMM would be a goose to leave - he is good enough to hold a spot at lock (although I think he should be a better 6) or maybe 8, not to mention contend very strongly with Elsom at 6.

Pedarist, Rocky's a Mexican: born in Melbourne. Played all his senior rugby in Sydney, for the Bulldogs and the Tahs. Passed through Queensland for five minutes and the bastards claim him. 8) 8) 8)

I spent two days in Toowoomba for a wedding back in 2002, they'll be claiming me next.
But I take your point.

I think it does to the IRB right?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Now all we need is Richard Brown & I will be a very very happy man.

Imagine a full strength Reds pack next year if we did score Elsom & Brown.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Noddy said:
cyclopath said:
Lindommer said:
cyclopath said:

But I take your point.

I think it does to the IRB right?
Nah, I was poached early! Actually my old man spent more time (still not much ) in Fiji than NZ, then the best part of 65 years here...so far. Technically he was poached from NZ to Fiji - makes him a landmark case! ;)
Pity he wasn't a rugby player.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
disco said:
Now all we need is Richard Brown & I will be a very very happy man.

Imagine a full strength Reds pack next year if we did score Elsom & Brown.

apparently Brown is staying West. Unless this changes his mind....

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
apparently Brown is staying West. Unless this changes his mind...

Well even if Brown does stay west we've still got some pretty handy blokes who can cover #8 with Higgers, Ezra & even Houston when he pulls his finger out.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jeez you lot are creaming your undies when you've got a perfectly good 6 in Higginbotham already. Good to have depth though.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We have to find something to be excited about.

I'd have to say I'm more sweating on the re-signing of Ioane though.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
If we've learned anything about Rocky and negotiations, it's that there's still chicken on that bone.

If he does sign, make sure the QLDRFU gets a copy of the contract!

F

formeropenside

NTA said:
Gagger said:

They'd probably just lose it... just like their academy talent.

We've done OK with that of late. Our major recent losses have been Moore, Latham and Blake, and two of those were because the ARU would not top up, and one because a NSW-man was our forwards coach.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
formeropenside said:
NTA said:
Gagger said:

We've done OK with that of late. Our major recent losses have been Moore, Latham and Blake, and two of those were because the ARU would not top up, and one because a NSW-man was our forwards coach.

Three poachees by Queensland. Can't be classified as "losses".

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
By any measure the Reds have cover and depth at 4, 5, 6 & 8. Their coaching staff should be able to get some improvement out of Higginkhyber and Houston; Higginclacker (the Oz Super 14 Rookie of the Year) must become more consistent and Houston a lot fitter. Byrnes, Horwill, MMM, Taylor and Van the Man have second row covered and some can play 8, at a pinch. The big hole in the forward pack is a genuine fetcher at openside breakaway; in the larger scheme of things I reckon Beau Robinson would be a better signing than Rocky.

The Reds may be lucky: MMM's and Braid's injuries may make them unattractive to NH clubs resulting in them both staying.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Biffo said:
formeropenside said:
NTA said:
Gagger said:

How did Queensland poach Moore? From Dubai? He went to school at Grammar and played for Uni didn't he?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Should make a half decent backup for the Reds. Doesn't help the softness of their pack though.

S

Spook

Grandmaster Flash said:
Biffo said:
formeropenside said:
NTA said:
Gagger said:

How did Queensland poach Moore? From Dubai? He went to school at Grammar and played for Uni didn't he?
I think Biff is referring to the fact that his parents are Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.