• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole 2

Worst Commentator Pole 2

• Andrew Swain

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Grant Nisbett

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Greg Clark

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Karl Te Nana

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Justin Harrison

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Justin Marshall

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Sean Maloney

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Sonny Bill Williams

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Tim Horan

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Tony Johnson

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
FBC91313-5186-46F0-BF6F-E002CED187B4.gif

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
And in further other news, speaking of poor commentators, I now have to carry a picture of Phil Kearns around for my next 500 posts. Fuck. I’ll try to find the worst one possible.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mr Boomfa, having been told back in March that he wouldn't be part of the Sky comm team (which will comprise Grant Nisbett, Mils Muliaina, Jeff Wilson & Kirstie Stanaway), has picked up a gig with SuperSport (SA) along with George Gregan.

Last edited:

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Drew Mitchell is the worst commentator (don’t see him as an option but I’m donkey voting him)

I think he seems a little unprofessional with how he presents himself at some times. When everyone wearing nice dress shoes/Rm Williams and collared shirt you can bet your bottom dollar bed hair Bieber rocking up with a scarf, non collared shirt and white disco shoes.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Drew Mitchell is the worst commentator (don’t see him as an option but I’m donkey voting him)

I think he seems a little unprofessional with how he presents himself at some times. When everyone wearing nice dress shoes/Rm Williams and collared shirt you can bet your bottom dollar bed hair Bieber rocking up with a scarf, non collared shirt and white disco shoes.
nah, he’s fine

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I would have bought over Greg Martin from Fox and left Drew Mitchell at newscorp but that’s just my opinion… don’t think many would agree with me.

Love the addition of Morgs, Merthens when the fox rugby gang moved over to Stan. . I don’t mind hearing Justin Harrison as a panelist but he’s really tough to listen to commentating a game.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I liked SBW on the panel - not so much as sideline commentary. One of the most successful footy players of all time - definitely one of the most sought after - and people disregarded his comments cos he said ‘Bro’ too much for their liking

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
people disregarded his comments cos he said ‘Bro’ too much for their liking
Or it could be cos he's thick as pre-minced mince, is excruciating to listen to, and offers zero technical insight into the rugby football being played in front of us beyond "da boyz are pumped for this one eh".

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Morgs and Hollies and there belief shrinking Australian rugby footprint is needed. They can both F off

1) Morgs - one of the worst coaches who had no clue what he was doing, bad mouths the Rebels every chance he gets.
2) Hollies - Goes to the USA and is involved in rugby in a developing nation, maybe learn something over there that could halp Aussie rugby instead of trying to cut teams.