• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole Action

Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
At least I didn't have to listen to Justin Marshall bang on watching on Kayo's feed of the ABvSA game.

You shouldn't have to listen to him on any games, he works for Sky, and they not there, why we got Butler I assume, as Spark not one of Murdoch's stable!!

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Christy Doran with his silver pen, delivering straight-faced unironic crap that usually stays on internet forums:

2. Reece Hodge — After being cleared during the match, the Australian winger has since been cited for his “dangerous tackle” on Peceli Yato, which saw the Fijian flanker concussed.

As the star openside flanker raced down the left-hand touch line he literally crashed straight into Hodge, who slightly braced for the contact after putting himself in an awkward position to tackle the Fijian.

Yato’s jaw collected Hodge’s right shoulder, which sent the Wallabies winger flying away.

Hodge has since been cited and could be made an example of by World Rugby that dangerous play won’t be tolerated.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I think Kearnsie hit heights of stupidity in build up for last night's game, saying good job to Fiji to losing to Uruguay because of Hodge incident! Although to be fair he keeping up on proving his knowledge of the game when he predicted Canada to beat Italy, seem to recall him having the Boks winning on Saturday too. Sometimes it better to shut up and let people think you an idiot instead of opening mouth and proving it, as old saying goes!

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Greg Clark was starting to push my buttons with "Aussie ref Angus Gardner" in the Jap v Ire game. I don't care where the ref comes from and don't need to hear it a billion times

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Greg Clark was starting to push my buttons with "Aussie ref Angus Gardner" in the Jap v Ire game. I don't care where the ref comes from and don't need to hear it a billion times
Had to justify why they needed a full team of Aus comms there.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Clarkie does my freaking head in. He's just a cliche robot and nothing more these days. It also seems like his hard drive is slowly corrupting and his cliche library is getting smaller each time he is rolled out and booted up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Dunno who it was, but whoever ejaculated "Not all heroes wear capes!!" as Cokanasiga (I believe) flopped over for an easy try for England against USA last week deserves to be locked in a box with Justin Marshall and Phil Kearns and not let out forever.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Clarkie does my freaking head in. He's just a cliche robot and nothing more these days. It also seems like his hard drive is slowly corrupting and his cliche library is getting smaller each time he is rolled out and booted up.

so he's Nisbo except he actually came with a cliche library

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good call during a Fijian breakout v Georgia involving multiple players and several magic passes from the flying Fijians:
"it's just not fair sometimes"

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seems to be some sort of paradoxical rule in effect in that the better the player was, the more drab and boring they are in the comm booth; George Gregan, Tim Horan, Christian Cullen...

unnamed.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
this poles results to date still seem wackily kaput to me. On a sliding scale from 0-100, 0 being zero hate, 100 being max hate, I7d be at

Tony Johnstone. 99. It's only not 100 because he's speaking English. Fuck this shrieking disdainful arseclown and his anti-Auckland agenda. Right up the shitter sideways.

Justin Marshall. 85. ffs would you PLEASE stop shouting at me. HOW can he have played 8 million test matches for the AB's and yet be so consistently wrong so fucken often? If Justin Marshall told me the sun was yellow then I would immediately think "oh, the fucker must actually be green then."

Gregan: 70. the human drone corporate pastiche and cliche bot

Phil Kearns: 60. as the sun sets on his hopes and dreams for Australian rugby, even his tears aren't quite as caustic as they used to be

Greg Martin: 40. he loves the Reds, we get it.

Grant Nesbit: 15. half off in the land of nod these days. wftever

Greg Clark. 3. stats guy, harmless, he's like your nana's old wallpaper

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Local Rugby Commentator Rushed to ICU

--NZ Herald--

A local rugby commentator has been rushed to Christchurch ICU with 3rd-degree friction burns all up and down his genitalia.

The individual was airlifted from Forsythe Barr Stadium and choppered to Christchurch immediately after the rugby match in Dunedin finished.

"He appeared to be delirious and in a high state of excitement" said a nurse. "He kept saying 'virus?, virus?, no, no, I need a ventilator to immediately intubate my wanger in a nuclear rod cooling pool so I can quickly get back to tugging the thing ASAP".

"We had to calm him down and tell him 'Sir, this is an ICU, we don't have any nuclear rod cooling pools on the premises'. Then he resumed stimulating himself to issue and ran off out of the hospital and into the night with his groin area still glowing and emitting huge great plumes of steam".

image.jpg

The individual, seen here leaving Christchurch ICU.