• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone noticed how Thorn kind of sounds like Sly Stallone when he speaks. Sorta grunts as he forces air out of his muscle bound throat.

Most coaches, well all but Thorn can throw a few words together at a presser. Whether you agree with their take on the game etc etc they normally are reasonably articulate in their comments and views.

Our bloke is a genuine neanderthal (I thought they were extinct) and genuinely embarrassing to watch. A few (well lots) of lessons need to be given.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/07/11/mcdermott-told-to-cut-hair-by-thorn

Seems pretty weird that Thorn would require players to cut their hair short(er).

It's not the army.

wow, he is my new favourite coach, now if he can just work on the stupid hand signals and gang signs the players use if they score he will have me sold.

Looking professional goes a long way towards being professional, look at the NY Yankees, at one stage you had to be clean shaved if you wanted to play. Rabbitohs were turned around through a lot of things but looking professional and arriving at a game in a suit sets the theme.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Comments like this were met with disdain back in the days of Deans. I know it's a joke but wonder if we can do better. I say this as someone who is increasingly irked by NZ in SANZAR and thought Thorn was a mistake up front.

I also have no doubt that Thorn is genuine when he says Brisbane is home.

There are three fundamental issues here:
x Thorn has been thrust in too early - largely a QRU issue
x "My way or the highway" only works if you have a few runs on the board
x No business or sport can be competitive with a very large $chunk of their investment sitting unused.

FWIW while I would prefer locally developed coaches, when that pathway has been poor, NZ builds some of the best coaches on the globe. They should be welcome at the Reds.
My way or highway works with a really young inexperienced team, when they get older and better they then want power over the team. Brumbies anyone???

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Most coaches, well all but Thorn can throw a few words together at a presser. Whether you agree with their take on the game etc etc they normally are reasonably articulate in their comments and views.

Our bloke is a genuine neanderthal (I thought they were extinct) and genuinely embarrassing to watch. A few (well lots) of lessons need to be given.
I don't at all think the way he speaks reflects his intelligence or anything. Was just pointing out he's kinda grunty.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
wow, he is my new favourite coach, now if he can just work on the stupid hand signals and gang signs the players use if they score he will have me sold.

Looking professional goes a long way towards being professional, look at the NY Yankees, at one stage you had to be clean shaved if you wanted to play. Rabbitohs were turned around through a lot of things but looking professional and arriving at a game in a suit sets the theme.
Oh that's why i'm so shit at my job. Guess i better book an appointment at the barbers eh.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
A coach with a shit personality (mentioned before, but not Thorn and not Carozza who has disgraceful behaviour in public) I hear, has sufficiently upset one of our current top players. WTF is going on at Ballymore !

Culture, culture you say. It seems to be turning poison.

Thorn if he has any guts and is true (haha) to himself and bullshit public new found public persona
should sack the bloke immediately.

I certainly don't want to lose this guy !

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

9lnh8o14e6yz.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't at all think the way he speaks reflects his intelligence or anything. Was just pointing out he's kinda grunty.

Mate I wasn't referring to his intelligence levels. I wouldn't be THAT crass to go there.

You may be too young but I remember Alan Langer at the Broncs early giving interviews.

He was like Cro Magnon man, The Broncs gave him some speech and public speaking training and we have the fine orator you now see.:D

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
For those of you with Instagram, T Thor has an Ask Me Anything going on his Story and it’s a good read - although his NSW vs QLD answer was disconcerting

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Also his response to going to NRL :eek:

He would be quite the talent as a ball running forward in thugby league. But if he decides to leave the reds I bet a cashed up French club would pay a kings ransom for arguably the best scrummager on the planet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Is this really unprofessional?

tate-mcdermott-of-the-reds-calls-to-his-team-during-round-two-of-the-picture-id926225030

Versus

tate-mcdermott-of-the-reds-during-the-match-between-dhl-stormers-and-picture-id937421328

I don't think long hair equates to being unprofessional.

I'm pretty sure you can still put on a suit if you have shoulder length hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.