• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool B: All Blacks vs Springbokke, Sat 21st September, 18h45 , International Stadium Yokohama

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ true, that, friend. Doesn't mean I wasn't screaming "Yellow Fucking Card, Ref!" & "Penalty Fucking Try, Ref!" when it happened. Always gracious in victory, us kiwis :).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WR (World Rugby) quick to act after the Sam Cane HIA fiasco:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...am-cane-forces-world-rugby-to-change-hia-rule

TLDR: Cane passed the HIA but because it took 12 minutes (max allowable is 10) he wasn't allowed to go back out. Change is they'll now start the clock when the player gets to where the HIA is being done.

A final observation re:Mapimpi then I'll let it go. First arriving AB support runner tries to clear Mapimpi off the ball: if Mapimpi has released Mo'unga as he's supposed to, that player gets a pop pass with one possibly two other runners arriving v at that point one other Bokke defender. Try for all money barring someone dropping it cold.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Well done the men in black. Nice to see that they've at least thought about the rush defence.

If they continue with the bowing and general charm offensive with the crowd's this tournament may well end up looking like home series for NZ.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ardie on the end of a coupla "seatbelt" tackles, SamW got neck-rolled at one point, the Mapimpi thing....... let's face it, if anyone wants to troll I mean trawl the match footage there's probably a dozen things that coulda shoulda been acted on but weren't. And that's before we get into the mysterious world of scrum & lineout penalties e.g. Laulala face-plants, boks get pinged; boks drop their jumper, AB get pinged.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
So every game is going to turn into a post match forensic examination of every play.

tenor.gif

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Off the ball, intentional contact with the head. Probably not a red card but he certainly got away with one.

Seems to be a bit of that going round.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just posted that to show how stupid these post are by the way! And to allow a little more outrage!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Just posted that to show how stupid these post are by the way! And to allow a little more outrage!!
I don't think they are stupid. I think it's good that you can go back and review potentially dangerous play to the head and the player can be retrospectively punished.

I also think it's inevitable the community will be involved in this process as they will often flag a potential issue.

I agree in this instance he ought not be cited though, just as I agree Hodge deserved to be cited.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to the All Blacks supporters, well deserved victory.

Box kick is the modern game attack. Even Tonga did this with 10% possession vs England.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You right PB, the box kick and try to get a mismatch when the other team kicks back is a lot of what the game is about.