• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

rugby boys playing Toyota Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bradley

I saw some interesting rugby names floating around the various Toyota Cup teams announced yesterday http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20510

Roosters: 1. Alofa Alofa 2. Asiseli Fine 4. Usaia O'Sullivan
Rabbitohs: 11. Adrian Ha'angana
Sea Eagles: Michael McDougall
Sharks: Tyson Frizell
Panthers: 9. Damien Cook
Tigers: 17 Joel Luani

F

Finland Fella

O'Sullivan will be the next Ron Coote - thought the Wests Tigers might have snapped him up but then again there's no accounting for taste (no I don't know what that means either) . Good luck to the young man however, he's quite a prospect.

A

Albert

Also a part of the Bunnies Toyota Cup squad with Adrian, but not selected for Round 1, are:
Hamish Bryant - 2nd row in Joeys 1st XV 2009; and Joe Gibbs - Prop in Joeys 2nd XV 2009.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
O'Sullivan will be the next Ron Coote - thought the Wests Tigers might have snapped him up but then again there's no accounting for taste (no I don't know what that means either) . Good luck to the young man however, he's quite a prospect.

Who was the last next Ron Coote?

P

Parra GM

when i was coaching junior rep the southern districts side had luke smart, rob horne, sam latunipulu etc etc in it. I always thought the best player in that team was a bloke by the name of Trent Grubb. A VERY good footballer. He could play all positions in the backline like he owned them plus all 3 in the backrow. He ended up in Toyota Cup for Cronulla. Dunno where he is now as he'd be too old for 20s.

F

Finland Fella

Who was the last next Ron Coote?

Some lanky kid who could grab onto the back of a scrum, tackle non stop like a beefed up Duracell toy and ran like a 400m champ with a bus to catch.

F

Finland Fella

best player in that team was a bloke by the name of Trent Grubb. A VERY good footballer. He could play all positions in the backline like he owned them plus all 3 in the backrow. He ended up in Toyota Cup for Cronulla. Dunno where he is now as he'd be too old for 20s.

Trent Grubb is playing in the centres for the Cronulla NSW Cup team (ie. the old Reserve Grade)

D

Doc

Chris Nadolo is at the Broncos. He change his name last year when he went to GPS and has changed it again this year. SImply cannot keep up sorry.

W

waves

Dominic Walsh (Waverley - North Queensland Cowboys)
Barry McGrady (Joeys - Cronulla Sharks)

R

rugga10

Samuel Kei - Sea Eagles played for Parramatta
Jon Pepa - Eels also played for Two Blues
Adrian Tatola - Tigers played for West Harbour
Alai Taufa'ao - Kinghts was at West Harbour
Jerome Henry - Storm u20's squad = Parramatta Junior
Gerrard McCallum - Bulldogs played juniors for Parramatta club and colts at the Woodies
Dylan Curtis - Panthers was at Two blues
Keary to return back from mungo land in 2012

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It is ridiculous to call some of these kids 'rugby boys'. They are league boys who also played a bit of union.

It irks me that there are kids on this list who were contracted to NRL clubs while taking positions in schoolboy rugby rep teams at the expense of kids who were solely dedicated to the pursuit of rugby.

G

Goldenone

You can add Pete Norman ( TSS 1st XV fullback 2008) now at the titans

Status
Not open for further replies.