• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

rugby boys playing Toyota Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheTruth

Matt Garland played for Titans U20's today.

How did he go??? - am sure he was in Qld Academy and thought he had a pretty good future - nice kid, good family and all that. Was it $$$$$$ or maybe opportunity lacking at Reds (in forseeable future) damm shame we (rugby) couldn't hold him

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Hymel Hunt - One of the Hunt clan, played for the Gold Coast Titans U20 team today against the Roosters

Played Combined states schools at the schools championship. Would like to hear how he got on if anybody saw the match. 2010 Tss winger Lausi plays for them as well

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Michael Oldfield and Will Hopoate are both playing well. I know of both guys backgrounds and yes it is primarily in league. Hoppa played in a zone chs team that I coached in 2008. If only there was money to get these guys on contract earlier on.

A

atbchillen

brenden elliot tss 13 this year is in roosters sg ball team at number 3. tip him to go all the way with league as he is one of the most elusive backs ive seen in gps rugby

T

the berries

How about Jason Seage, Ex parramatta develpoment squad harold matts , SG ball half back and Hills Sports product. Thisis a kid with all the ability in the world. He swaped from league to Union and by the way is not looking back.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Luke vescio from St Augustines is playing Toyota Cup for manly. Scored a try against the Titans on monday. Quite an achievement given he is still at school

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
How about Jason Seage, Ex parramatta develpoment squad harold matts , SG ball half back and Hills Sports product. Thisis a kid with all the ability in the world. He swaped from league to Union and by the way is not looking back.

So who is this kid and where is he playing now?

T

The Blindside

Joel Luani, Ex Newington and Australian Schoolboys in 2010 is in Wests Tigers Toyota Cup squad playing second row

T

the berries

Also training with the Aussie 7s. He has built up from last season I watched him Steve Cummins and a few of the boys late last year traing with Hugh carpenter and the likes. I again saw him yesterday after he returned from QLD (traing with the sevens) and i must say he is looking impressive when compared to others he trained and played with last season. ARU must be doing something right. Cheers

O

overschoolrugby

Ben Meehan - current Brisbane State High scrum half/fly half - has been signed by Melbourne Storm under 20s for 2012

T

TitanRed

well with Toyota cup train on squads being announced there are a lot of rugby boys in there. these are the boys from queensland that i know of

Broncos - Levi Aumua (grammar), bill brittian (nudgee), caleb timu (marsden), Soape Palau (churchie),Jeriah Goodrich (toowoomba grammer)

storm - ben meehan (state high)

bulldogs - denzel king (ippy grammer), jack creighton (padua)

raiders - jonno kent (ashgrove)

knights - sam johnson (st eddies)

there are probably more but this is the lot that i know of

there are also a couple more players who i know of that have received interest from some nrl clubs to so might add to that the following season.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)

Interested if anyone has any info info on Jason Seage at last report he came to rugby from the Eels and "is not looking back". Jason has again signed to play for Parramatta in the 20s in 2012.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Dont know many of the schoolboy names but noticed:

Saia Tanginoa - West Colts - Souths squad

Patrick Kennedy - St Aloysiuis - Manly squad

Nathan Scarano - Knox College - Wests Squad

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Shame about Tanginoa as he played 16s for Sydney at All Schools when he was 15. He was one with a bit of talent.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Looked good in the NSW trials but less so for Oz Schools v. England and got hooked early. Was demoted to Oz A Schools v. NZ and did not do himself justice in that game either. Surprised me.

Sad to lose Scarano.

T

TitanRed

Harry Moore from brisbane (ashgrove 1st xv) is also training with the melbourne storm 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.