• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe topman

Frank Row (1)
A prediction for Gregory Terrace XV goes as follows:

1.Kyle Leofa
2.Edward Porter
3. Jacob Stanley
4.Nick Duffy
5.George Cox (First XV 2013)
6.Tim Mcmahon, upcoming player, very solid as shown in some performances in gold comp.
7.Connor Moroney (QLD A 16s, First XV)
8. At this stage unknown.
9.Ruben Wall
10.Alex Horan (QLD 16s, First XV)
11.Jack Lodder(QLD 16s)
12.Connor Mcnamara
13.Nikau Te-Rupe
14.New Import Quilan pritchard malak
15.Nick Weller

Number 8 is a worry, some predictions have been made that import from last year Hiali Slade-Roycroft will play there. However he has not been seen on the Terrace Rugby scene since the beginning of last year.. Any idea if he is still there or not ?

this team seems quite similar to what i have been observing being as a Terrace Father. however i do think you have it a little wrong in some positions. firstly, i do not believe Quilan is coming to Terrace anymore due to unknown reason, so someone will have to step up, and my choice would be Travers Daniel. this kid has a wicked palm, and isn't afraid to give it a go. his defence is good, and also his running game. He isn't to fancy like most backs at GT try to be, and actually fights hard to be in a high team, unlike most little princes at GT who stay in the A's their whole way through because their daddy or mummy donate to the school or are just friends with all the other mums and dads. another position that can be questioned would be number 9. as far as i am concerned, there are 3 possibilities for this position. Tom Lutvey, Rhys Tucker, and Reuben Wall. none of these players are generic halves, as they are not like the old 5ft 0. Lutvey and Tucker are a foot taller than Wall, but Wall would still be better in centre, and that is something i would like to see. It seems He has settled for number 9 because it is easy for him to stay there. this is because there are no other relatively good 9's in his age group. year 12 however, there are 2 decent halves. both have worked hard in battle against each other since grade 9, Lutvey always just coming up in front, there is word that they were at the same primary school and it was the same there, but I do not know for certain. I believ Lutvey is front runner for the firsts, just on the basis of being in the A's for the whole time at Terrace, Wall will find himself in a weird environment that he is not used to as he wont be in his cozy position that has never been challenged in the year below. I believe for number 9, the best choice would be Lutvey or Tucker. Both have fast, strong passes both arms, but Lutvey just has a bit of size over Tucker, this being because of being a year above i pressume and just genetics. My choice would be Lutvey, with Tucker benching.

alvin purple

Stan Wickham (3)
Do you really think guys like Wilkins are at BBC for an education? That they owe any allegiance to the school?

My personal experience is that if you stop these kids playing league, i.e.those from a league background with league contracts, you will lose them immediately. Just as the school is using them, they are using the school, and if you disrupt the symbiosis they're gone.

Looks like a rookie mistake from BBC, I'll bet Philpotts wasn't in on it.

Didnt Wilkins carry an injury into the Gps comp that he had picked up while playing league pre season and only play 2 or 3 games for the school...
Good on Barker for bringing in some strong guide lines..
I am sure Bbc would have placed higher in the ladder last year if the team carried more workers than high flying super stars who didnt want to train and play as a team..
The Tss game was a perfect example ...The worker bees were still tackling and putting there body on the line up till the bell...Super stars hands on hips,thinking how long till the whistle blows.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Didnt Wilkins carry an injury into the Gps comp that he had picked up while playing league pre season and only play 2 or 3 games for the school.
I am sure Bbc would have placed higher in the ladder last year if the team carried more workers than high flying super stars who didnt want to train and play as a team..
The Tss game was a perfect example .The worker bees were still tackling and putting there body on the line up till the bell.Super stars hands on hips,thinking how long till the whistle blows.

You could well be right about the attitude of some of the BBC imports last year, I didn't see much of them and wouldn't know, but my point is that not many league-playing kids with NRL aspirations are going to be satisfied or happy with playing 8 games of footy (plus trials) per year.

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
this team seems quite similar to what i have been observing being as a Terrace Father. however i do think you have it a little wrong in some positions. firstly, i do not believe Quilan is coming to Terrace anymore due to unknown reason, so someone will have to step up, and my choice would be Travers Daniel. this kid has a wicked palm, and isn't afraid to give it a go. his defence is good, and also his running game. He isn't to fancy like most backs at GT try to be, and actually fights hard to be in a high team, unlike most little princes at GT who stay in the A's their whole way through because their daddy or mummy donate to the school or are just friends with all the other mums and dads. another position that can be questioned would be number 9. as far as i am concerned, there are 3 possibilities for this position. Tom Lutvey, Rhys Tucker, and Reuben Wall. none of these players are generic halves, as they are not like the old 5ft 0. Lutvey and Tucker are a foot taller than Wall, but Wall would still be better in centre, and that is something i would like to see. It seems He has settled for number 9 because it is easy for him to stay there. this is because there are no other relatively good 9's in his age group. year 12 however, there are 2 decent halves. both have worked hard in battle against each other since grade 9, Lutvey always just coming up in front, there is word that they were at the same primary school and it was the same there, but I do not know for certain. I believ Lutvey is front runner for the firsts, just on the basis of being in the A's for the whole time at Terrace, Wall will find himself in a weird environment that he is not used to as he wont be in his cozy position that has never been challenged in the year below. I believe for number 9, the best choice would be Lutvey or Tucker. Both have fast, strong passes both arms, but Lutvey just has a bit of size over Tucker, this being because of being a year above i pressume and just genetics. My choice would be Lutvey, with Tucker benching.

Quillan has been at Gregory Terrace since day 1 of term 1 and has slotted in nicely

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Didnt Wilkins carry an injury into the Gps comp that he had picked up while playing league pre season and only play 2 or 3 games for the school.
The Tss game was a perfect example .The worker bees were still tackling and putting there body on the line up till the bell.Super stars hands on hips,thinking how long till the whistle blows.
in 2013 BBC had a number 'profile' forwards who would stand-off at the breakdown and expect others to do the clean-out. Both TSS and Terrace exposed them on this. Interesting to see how they go this year.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Do you really think guys like Wilkins are at BBC for an education? That they owe any allegiance to the school?

My personal experience is that if you stop these kids playing league, i.e.those from a league background with league contracts, you will lose them immediately. Just as the school is using them, they are using the school, and if you disrupt the symbiosis they're gone.

Looks like a rookie mistake from BBC, I'll bet Philpotts wasn't in on it.

Galloper.
Gross genaralist comment.Load of Crap.
Many leagueboys who play GPS rugby give something back-if they arrive early enough to be inculcated in the school spirit.
Why does Dane Gagai -$1.2 million over 3 years at Newcastle Knights come back & help out.?In fact Dane got an academic improvement award in his last year at BBC.Not bad for a kid from an island off Cairns.
Why has Josh Bowen on a rookie contract at Broncos been back last 3 Sundays to do skills with his brother and other young kids.??The same for Will Genia-who played league beforeBBC.
The same can be said for Cooper Cronk and St Laurences and countless others

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
in 2013 BBC had a number 'profile' forwards who would stand-off at the breakdown and expect others to do the clean-out. Both TSS and Terrace exposed them on this. Interesting to see how they go this year.

I agree with you.At least 2 of those "stars" have gone.
Yes-Wilkins scored 4 tries in 2 games and then got injured playing for Easts in Cyril Connell and did not play another GPS game.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Galloper.
Gross genaralist comment.Load of Crap.
Many leagueboys who play GPS rugby give something back-if they arrive early enough to be inculcated in the school spirit.
Why does Dane Gagai -$1.2 million over 3 years at Newcastle Knights come back & help out.?In fact Dane got an academic improvement award in his last year at BBC.Not bad for a kid from an island off Cairns.
Why has Josh Bowen on a rookie contract at Broncos been back last 3 Sundays to do skills with his brother and other young kids.??The same for Will Genia-who played league beforeBBC.
The same can be said for Cooper Cronk and St Laurences and countless others

Geez, some straws being clutched at there.

Will Genia a league player?

Cooper Cronk an import at Laurie's?

There are exceptions to every rule, or generalisation, but are you telling me your imports are at BBC primarily for an education, or that they chose BBC over say Nudgee or IGS because of the school ethos?

Anyway, you completely missed my point about banning imports from playing league, I know why a school would do it but I simply see it causing major problems with attracting/retaining players from league backgrounds. Time will tell....

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Geez, some straws being clutched at there.

Will Genia a league player?

Cooper Cronk an import at Laurie's?

There are exceptions to every rule, or generalisation, but are you telling me your imports are at BBC primarily for an education, or that they chose BBC over say Nudgee or IGS because of the school ethos?

Anyway, you completely missed my point about banning imports from playing league, I know why a school would do it but I simply see it causing major problems with attracting/retaining players from league backgrounds. Time will tell..

I agree that a decision like this will effect league players playing rugby at 1st xv level(as is the case for decades).
But he is right.Cooper Cronk DID go to St Laurences & will Genia did play league in PNG up until grade 7.Neither were on any form of scholarship.

Desle Aslo

Bob McCowan (2)
Any News on Kyle Leofa's injury ? heard it's quite extensive.. also reading about the league mal meninga and Cyril Connell issue in the GPS, would that affect a lot of other players involved in other schools like BGS and Terrace etc knowing quite well that lachi lanskey and even heard that hiali from terrace have contracts at the Brisbane broncos.. would that affect their possibilities in term 3 for rugby as well? I hear a lot about these players having high potential in league but also have easily transferred their skills to union (from few games I've seen of both) and are quite high chance at possibilities at schoolboys in union if they are allowed. but see how they go up against more experienced sides like Nudgee and BBC in games and will like to see how they will go. definitely a bit of flak going around the recruitment of league players

1_2_3

Bob McCowan (2)
IGS 1st XV

1. Josvyn Sokimi (1st XV 2013, Qld Red 2013)
2. Dallas Fannygan (1st XV 2013)
3. Sham Vui (1st XV 2013,QLD Red 2013)
4. Izack Rodda (1st Xv 2013, Qld 2 2013)
5. Emmanuel Meafou (New Guy)
6. Braeden Schiller (1st XV 2013)
7. Jaidan Schultz (1st XV 2013)
8. Unga Wolske (Met West)
9. Harry Parcell (1st XV 2013, QLD White)
10. Brock Hammond (1st Xv 2013)
11. Rickus Nisch (1st XV 2013)
12. Ethan Page (1st XV 2013)
13. Aj Raeli (1st XV 2013, QLD White)
14. Geoff Robertson (New Guy)
15. Mark Broadhead (1st XV 2013)

Knockon

Bob McCowan (2)
That's a very experienced looking IGS team however I wonder how many of these boys played in the 1st consistently last year. Not a bad line up thou.

rugby fail

Bob McCowan (2)
Any News on Kyle Leofa's injury ? heard it's quite extensive.. also reading about the league mal meninga and Cyril Connell issue in the GPS, would that affect a lot of other players involved in other schools like BGS and Terrace etc knowing quite well that lachi lanskey and even heard that hiali from terrace have contracts at the Brisbane broncos.. would that affect their possibilities in term 3 for rugby as well? I hear a lot about these players having high potential in league but also have easily transferred their skills to union (from few games I've seen of both) and are quite high chance at possibilities at schoolboys in union if they are allowed. but see how they go up against more experienced sides like Nudgee and BBC in games and will like to see how they will go. definitely a bit of flak going around the recruitment of league players

Kyle leofa having operation today (broken hand, having screws put in). 4-5 weeks out so should be back not long after Easter.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)

The curse has hit again. Another league star has leftBBC and school is not happy. Is the Broncos -BBC connection over ?

Bigman

Frank Row (1)
IGS First XV 2014 Predictions

1. Jozvyn Sokimi
2. Dallas Flanagan
3. Shambeckler Vui
4. Emmanual....
5. Izack Rodda
6. Braden Schiller
7. Jaiden Fa-aana Schultz
8. Unga Wolske
9. Harry Parcell
10. Brock Hammond
11. Jackson Weir
12. Ethan Page
13. Geoff Robertson
14. Connor Storck
15. Mark Broadhead

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
The curse has hit again. Another league star has leftBBC and school is not happy. Is the Broncos -BBC connection over ?

Yes . I heard. Smith was only interested in league the 15A team was undefeated before' he arrived.Only need an expulsion and 5 more injuries and it will be 2012 again.still you have good depth when you can replace the 2 probable centres with the 2013 centres from the firsts. !!
Keep hearing the new kid --Ngamu is killing it at reds academy .

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yes . I heard. Smith was only interested in league the 15A team was undefeated before' he arrived.Only need an expulsion and 5 more injuries and it will be 2012 again.still you have good depth when you can replace the 2 probable centres with the 2013 centres from the firsts. !!
Keep hearing the new kid --Ngamu is killing it at reds academy .

Well IMO if you're stupid enough to leave a school that offers so much for you than you're probably not what the school is looking for culture wise, the better man would've faced the controversy up front not just walk away. Yes a big loss for the college but nothing their great depth can fix.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Well IMO if you're stupid enough to leave a school that offers so much for you than you're probably not what the school is looking for culture wise, the better man would've faced the controversy up front not just walk away. Yes a big loss for the college but nothing their great depth can fix.

Take off the rose glasses.
BBC with Bronson,Wilkins and Smith = biggest 2,12& 13 in comp and 1st or 2nd
Without those 3 = 4th or 5 th

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Take off the rose glasses.
BBC with Bronson,Wilkins and Smith = biggest 2,12& 13 in comp and 1st or 2nd
Without those 3 = 4th or 5 th

No way. While I think Smith is an explosive league player and would have made a great addition to BBC, I think in the first year it would have taken him some time to adapt to the fitness and game plan of rugby. I think BBC had the wrong position mapped out for him anyway. Wilkins is a big loss but not sure he would be the best 12 in the comp either.

Status
Not open for further replies.