• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigman

Frank Row (1)
Yes Franklin is back! Another Alstonville boy At IGS is stepping into shape, Connor Storck would be in contention for the 11/14 position

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Take off the rose glasses.
BBC with Bronson,Wilkins and Smith = biggest 2,12& 13 in comp and 1st or 2nd
Without those 3 = 4th or 5 th

No way. While I think Smith is an explosive league player and would have made a great addition to BBC, I think in the first year it would have taken him some time to adapt to the fitness and game plan of rugby. I think BBC had the wrong position mapped out for him anyway. Wilkins is a big loss but not sure he would be the best 12 in the comp either.

I agree. Both boys would have been excellent inclusions for BBC. The College has a new prop who played U16s for Qld last year. Wilkins would have been very damaging if used at 15 like Folau and they have Foulds to the centres along with Nanai. Dark horses might be Len Ikitau, Fraser Cotton and Joe Stead. And the undefeated U15As from 2013 didn't have Jesse Poluka for any of its games. He may come into calculations too.

Even without Bronson, Wilkins and Smith there is a lot of competition for spots in the team.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_003.jpg

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah interesting. Any insight anyone?

There is a new stand going up at Tennyson, but I don't think the main field has any lights for night games.

Yes, definitely an interesting development.

With NC and GT having the most rugby teams of any school, I think it is going to be difficult to push through the 30 odd games on a Friday arvo / evening.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Possible answer to the split round.... I have just heard that it may just refer to the Basketball round between the two schools being held on the Friday night rather than the traditional Saturday to allow "full" attendance for the Firsts for each sport.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Take off the rose glasses.
BBC with Bronson,Wilkins and Smith = biggest 2,12& 13 in comp and 1st or 2nd
Without those 3 = 4th or 5 th

You 2 need to get your facts straight.Smith has not left BBC -he has switched from boarding to day boy.My cuz has seen him all this week.
If you want to know how good he can be-just ask Kaylan Pongia (star Churchie fullback going to Cowboys)why Smith was named player of the NRL National (not just Qld)under 15 league tournament & why he is rated 1 on the Broncos under 15 roster.

Connor Gillespie

Frank Row (1)
Predictions for Gregory Terrace 1st XV:

1. Jacob Stanely
2. Matt Kendall / Tim McMahon
3. Kyle Leofa
4. George Cox
5. Sam Greentree
6. Ted Porter
7. Connor Moroney
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Reuben Wall / Tom Lutvey
10. Alex Horan
11. Quillan Pritchard-Malaki
12. Hiale Roycroft
13. Nikau Te Rupe
14. Jack Lodder
15. Macario Manis / Nick Weller

Terrace has some new surprising stars from the year below, Macario Manis, is an uprising star and will bring great defence as he is definitely a utility back. Tossing up between Reuben Wall & Tom Lutvey for the number 9 spot, they both have great experience in that position but Wall definitely over powers Lutvey in attack and at the break downs. The back line is rock solid in attack, they have been training well in the gym, can't wait too see their field play. This back line is air tight and will perform well in the 2014 season. The forwards are an under weight pack, but by having Matt Kendall at Hooker ;) , he will add a few kilos of weight to the forward pack. Also, besides all of weight, he still has a ripper of a boot with his precise and accurate kicking.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)

1. Jacob Stanely
3. Kyle Leofa
4. George Cox
5. Sam Greentree
6. Ted Porter
7. Connor Moroney
8. Patrick Carrigan
10. Alex Horan
12. Hiale Roycroft
13. Nikau Te Rupe
14. Jack Lodder

Terrace has some new surprising stars from the year below, Macario Manis, is an uprising star and will bring great defence as he is definitely a utility back. Tossing up between Reuben Wall & Tom Lutvey for the number 9 spot, they both have great experience in that position but Wall definitely over powers Lutvey in attack and at the break downs. The back line is rock solid in attack, they have been training well in the gym, can't wait too see their field play. This back line is air tight and will perform well in the 2014 season. The forwards are an under weight pack, but by having Matt Kendall at Hooker ;) , he will add a few kilos of weight to the forward pack. Also, besides all of weight, he still has a ripper of a boot with his precise and accurate kicking.

GT-12 & 13 are up there with best centre pairing in comp -ie-Churchie.
But what if they get injured.where is depth??

Good to see DR Chapman has changed his mind-3,11,12&13 are great aditions.

Connor Gillespie

Frank Row (1)
GT-12 & 13 are up there with best centre pairing in comp -ie-Churchie.
But what if they get injured.where is depth??

Good to see DR Chapman has changed his mind-3,11,12&13 are great aditions.

Hiale & Nikau are a great addition to the team and bring a positive vibe.
The chances of them both getting injured is unlikely, but may happen during the season.

Chapman has made a choice about bringing these players to the school but at the same time will bring a great asset towards the team and school.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree in GT centre pairing being a top pairing, if they stay fit. I know Jayden S'ua is at Churchie and so with Perese - that face off will be exciting to watch. Anyone got suggestions on the centre pairing at BBC firsts for this year?

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
I agree in GT centre pairing being a top pairing, if they stay fit. I know Jayden S'ua is at Churchie and so with Perese - that face off will be exciting to watch. Anyone got suggestions on the centre pairing at BBC firsts for this year?

At last count BBC had 8 going for the 2 centre positions:
- centre and wing from 2013 firsts;
- undefeated 15 A Centres who are both rep league players ;
- 16A Centres who are both rep rugby players;
-foulds who is the biggest of the lot and Ngamu who has gone straight into the QRU squad with CaroZza

Lets be serious : no one in the comp this year is as good as Perese. If he stays injury free them IMO Churchie have best player in the comp.his display last year at the nationals was sensational.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)

1. Jacob Stanely
3. Kyle Leofa
4. George Cox
5. Sam Greentree
6. Ted Porter
7. Connor Moroney
8. Patrick Carrigan
10. Alex Horan
12. Hiale Roycroft
13. Nikau Te Rupe
14. Jack Lodder

got to admit -this is a red hot backline. But forwards look small (Churchie and BBC will be enormous) and where is the depth??. They need to prey they do not not get 2 or 3 injuries.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Possible NC team

1.Gavin Luka
2.Alex Mafi
3.Agassi Stowers
4.Reece Hewat
5.?
6.?
7.Jackson Evans
8.?
9.Eli Pilz
10.Liam Moseley
11,Tyrone Hussey
12.Calvin Pritchard
13.Jean Charle Smith
14.Franklin Calugay
15.Rob Lane

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'd go with something like:

1. Toby Greenup
2. Josh Taylor
3. Bradley Undi
4. Callum Ball
5. Unknown
6. Justin Whatmore
7. PJ Van Den Berg
8. Mckenzie Browne
9. Jordan Lenac
10. Fred Dorrough
11. Ben Turnbull
12. Dylan Riley
13. Joey Fittock
14. Unknown
15. Tyler Campbell
TSS are going to have a game on their hands Round 1, I know there are some BBC boys from the Gold Coast who have a particular interest in playing TSS .... going back to South Coast Schools u15 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.