• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Logan Spaander apparently will not be playing for BGS this year, he has arrived back from NZ and will finish his schooling at Wavell according to close family friends and relatives

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure I've met the guy at BGS..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desle Aslo

Bob McCowan (2)
A prediction for Gregory Terrace XV goes as follows:

1.Kyle Leofa
2.Edward Porter
3. Jacob Stanley
4.Nick Duffy
5.George Cox (First XV 2013)
6.Tim Mcmahon, upcoming player, very solid as shown in some performances in gold comp.
7.Connor Moroney (QLD A 16s, First XV)
8. At this stage unknown.
9.Ruben Wall
10.Alex Horan (QLD 16s, First XV)
11.Jack Lodder(QLD 16s)
12.Connor Mcnamara
13.Nikau Te-Rupe
14.New Import Quilan pritchard malak
15.Nick Weller

Number 8 is a worry, some predictions have been made that import from last year Hiali Slade-Roycroft will play there. However he has not been seen on the Terrace Rugby scene since the beginning of last year.. Any idea if he is still there or not ?

blqlmfl

Frank Row (1)
Quite positive he isn't.. His dad has said also that he won't be attending any GPS school.

100 per cent sure Logan Spaander is not attending GPS School. Spoke to his father at Mal Meninga training and is quite bemused by it all. Logan arrived back in Brisbane last Tuesday and slotted staight back into Wavell.

blqlmfl

Frank Row (1)
A prediction for Gregory Terrace XV goes as follows:

1.Kyle Leofa
2.Edward Porter
3. Jacob Stanley
4.Nick Duffy
5.George Cox (First XV 2013)
6.Tim Mcmahon, upcoming player, very solid as shown in some performances in gold comp.
7.Connor Moroney (QLD A 16s, First XV)
8. At this stage unknown.
9.Ruben Wall
10.Alex Horan (QLD 16s, First XV)
11.Jack Lodder(QLD 16s)
12.Connor Mcnamara
13.Nikau Te-Rupe
14.New Import Quilan pritchard malak
15.Nick Weller

Number 8 is a worry, some predictions have been made that import from last year Hiali Slade-Roycroft will play there. However he has not been seen on the Terrace Rugby scene since the beginning of last year.. Any idea if he is still there or not ?

blqlmfl

Frank Row (1)
Hiale is still with GT and will most likely available for selection in first 15...He has had a solid recovery due to injury and will no doubt feature this season.

james.mclaughlin

Frank Row (1)
gt will be the goods this year. Mike jabo has had a hard off season and is good as ever. him and connor ferguson should be the pairing to watch this season. will baynam will most likely start on the bench as he is an overated player

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Gunter,Wilkins ,Foulds,,Ngmau,Smith etc etc all grade 11.So next year at least 4 of them will be 3rd year in 1st xv.

Mate -BBC are like the Boston Red Sox(always the Bridesmaids)-as we have seen in the last 3 years(5 Qld players injured in 2012!) something will go wrong:injury,expulsion,awol league games,,bubonic plague etc.

GSP.
You may be onto something here.Rumours flying out of BBC that:
1) new ruling from BBC that league boys cannot play Cyril Connell cup after term 2 has upset boys,Broncos & Melbourne Storm;
3) A star X factor(with the Storm) player has gone AWOL as a result!!
The curse continues.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Apparently there is a new kid at Nudgee who is playing very well for U17 Orange team. Tall and big, plays alongside a friend of mine who says that he is a quality second rower, definitely for First XV. Can anyone from Nudgee confirm this please?

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)

[quote="L Yates, post: 575719, member: 19635"][/quote]
GSP.
You may be onto something here.Rumours flying out of BBC that:
1) new ruling from BBC that league boys cannot play Cyril Connell cup after term 2 has upset boys,Broncos & Melbourne Storm;
3) A star X factor(with the Storm) player has gone AWOL as a result!!
The curse continues

Correct.I have heard the same.one star gone -I very unhappy as are Broncos.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure how to quote.. but with regards to BBC and new rule with boys not being able to play CC Cup after term 2 - I am not sure what the problem is as doesn't that competition wrap up end of April and finals in first week of May? I can understand them not wanting to play it if it were to go into Term 3 - as this is rugby season.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Apparently there is a new kid at Nudgee who is playing very well for U17 Orange team. Tall and big, plays alongside a friend of mine who says that he is a quality second rower, definitely for First XV. Can anyone from Nudgee confirm this please?

Apparently he has come from melbourne to play at nudgee, a full paying student I hear, good rugby player, great height for a second rower but lacks abit of size, easily nudgees first pick at second row since they dont have much depth in that position.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure how to quote.. but with regards to BBC and new rule with boys not being able to play CC Cup after term 2 - I am not sure what the problem is as doesn't that competition wrap up end of April and finals in first week of May? I can understand them not wanting to play it if it were to go into Term 3 - as this is rugby season.

Tiann Wilkins not happy with this rule I hear, supposedly he has left the school!

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Disappointed to hear players are leaving over that ruling
I get it though...BBC has pretty much gone professional with their recruiting.
I understand that they don't want to lose players they pay for to injury in an outside game, but the downside of this is that the players that they are getting are already committed elsewhere. A shame, but that's the way it goes....

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I
I get it though.BBC has pretty much gone professional with their recruiting.
I understand that they don't want to lose players they pay for to injury in an outside game, but the downside of this is that the players that they are getting are already committed elsewhere. A shame, but that's the way it goes..
I sure hope these boys make it in rugby otherwise they're forgoing a fantastic academic opportunity @ BBC...

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I
I sure hope these boys make it in rugby otherwise they're forgoing a fantastic academic opportunity @ BBC.

Do you really think guys like Wilkins are at BBC for an education? That they owe any allegiance to the school?

My personal experience is that if you stop these kids playing league, i.e.those from a league background with league contracts, you will lose them immediately. Just as the school is using them, they are using the school, and if you disrupt the symbiosis they're gone.

Looks like a rookie mistake from BBC, I'll bet Philpotts wasn't in on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.