• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I likes Cheika

Michael Cheika has quashed speculation the Waratahs will field an under-strength team for their clash with Queensland on Saturday, saying to do so would promote a "bad mindset" within the minor premiers.

The final-round derby clash at Suncorp Stadium will have no scoreboard impact on the Waratahs' spot in the finals series after the side clinched top spot with a bonus point-win over the Highlanders last week.
But Cheika rejected suggestions the match was an opportunity to rest players or protect them from risk of injury, confirming that key starters Israel Folau, Sekope Kepu, Kane Douglas and Alofa Alofa were all on track to play in Brisbane and would not be wrapped in cotton wool.
"You could [injure a player] at any time, in training or regular games," he said. "This is a contact sport, you don't go into it worrying about things like that.
"It's a bad mindset if you do, something is almost bound to happen. Just go in there, play with the guys you have and see what cards you're dealt."
..................................................................................

"There's a few people saying in the media it might be a dead rubber, but I can guarantee you Saturday night won't be a dead rubber," Simmons said.
"This is state of origin for rugby union."

and I get to agree with Simmons o_O

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Liam Gill reportedly being given a break from the sevens to play this weekend?

Wow - I didn't expect that.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
The track looked pretty bad during the SOO last night - very heavy. Wonder if it will hold up for the weekend?

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Don't think has been posted yet? Reds named - Lucas remains at 10

St.George Queensland Reds team to play Waratahs
1. James Slipper
2. James Hanson
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Curtis Browning
7. Beau Robinson
8. Jake Schatz
9. Scott Gale (run-on debut)
10. Ben Lucas
11. Lachie Turner
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Rod Davies
15. Mike Harris

16. Saia Fainga’a
17. Ben Daley
18. Albert Anae
19. Dave McDuling
20. Liam Gill (potential 50th Queensland cap)
21. Sam Johnson
22. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi
23. Chris Kuridrani (potential debut)

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I dont mind that lineup considering the players we are left with. If Gale doesn't seem to be handling himself, Lucas can easily slot into 9, Harris to 10 and any of JJ, Turner or Davies to fullback. Lots of different backline options to play with.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Best available lineup. Should go ok and may just surprise some people. Let's face it, a repeat of last weeks performance would be disastrous. If they don't want to get up and prove people wrong and make a statement by knocking off the minor premiers then something is very, very wrong, regardless of the coach. This week it is about heart.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm not one of the ones thinking it will be a demolition..that lineup can hold their own but they will burn a lot of fuel in the process. I think it will be close for 60 mins then the Tahs will run away with it and win 4 tries to 1

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't think has been posted yet? Reds named - Lucas remains at 10

St.George Queensland Reds team to play Waratahs
1. James Slipper
2. James Hanson
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Curtis Browning
7. Beau Robinson
8. Jake Schatz
9. Scott Gale (run-on debut)
10. Ben Lucas
11. Lachie Turner
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Rod Davies
15. Mike Harris
16. Saia Fainga’a
17. Ben Daley
18. Albert Anae
19. Dave McDuling
20. Liam Gill (potential 50th Queensland cap)
21. Sam Johnson
22. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi
23. Chris Kuridrani (potential debut)

Surprised that Liam Gill is coming back from the sevens only to go to the bench.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm not one of the ones thinking it will be a demolition..that lineup can hold their own but they will burn a lot of fuel in the process. I think it will be close for 60 mins then the Tahs Reds will run away with it and win 4 tries to 1

Ahem:rolleyes:

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Just like last nights Origin. A champion team will find form eventually. Going to predict a similar score of 32-10. A try to Folau is inevitable.

Has Folau become the highest try scorer for the Tahs and across the Aus sides in a season yet?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just like last nights Origin. A champion team will find form eventually. Going to predict a similar score of 32-10. A try to Folau is inevitable.

Has Folau become the highest try scorer for the Tahs and across the Aus sides in a season yet?

Tahs yes, elsewhere no. I think he has 12 tries now.

Roff and Gear both scored 15 in a season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Folau is out of this game with a corked thigh. Crawford to start at fullback.

Edit: Skelton starting ahead of Potieter. Douglas is apparently right to start.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Benn Robinson (Eastwood), 2.Tatafu Polota Nau (Parramatta), 3. Sekope Kepu (Randwick), 4. Will Skelton (Sydney University) 5. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts), 6. Stephen Hoiles (Randwick), 7. Michael Hooper (Manly, captain), 8. Wycliff Palu (Manly), 9. Nick Phipps (Sydney University), 10. Bernard Foley (Sydney University), 11. Rob Horne (Southern Districts), 12. Kurtley Beale (Randwick), 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Northern Suburbs), 14. Alofa Alofa (West Harbour), 15. Cam Crawford (Northern Suburbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.