• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
From Tahs website

The NSW Waratahs team to take on the Reds at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday, July 12 at 7.40pm is: 1. Benn Robinson (Eastwood), 2.Tatafu Polota Nau (Parramatta), 3. Sekope Kepu (Randwick), 4. Will Skelton (Sydney University) 5. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts), 6. Stephen Hoiles (Randwick), 7. Michael Hooper (Manly, captain), 8. Wycliff Palu (Manly), 9. Nick Phipps (Sydney University), 10. Bernard Foley (Sydney University), 11. Rob Horne (Southern Districts), 12. Kurtley Beale (Randwick), 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Northern Suburbs), 14. Alofa Alofa (West Harbour), 15. Cam Crawford (Northern Suburbs).
Replacements (one to be omitted): 16. Tolu Latu (Sydney University), 17. Jeremy Tilse (Sydney University), 18. Michael Ala’alatoa (West Harbour), 19. Jacques Potgieter (Eastern Suburbs), 20. Mitchell Chapman (Eastern Suburbs), 21. Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University), 22. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs), 23. Jono Lance (Eastern Suburbs), 24.Taqele Naiyaravoro (Parramatta).

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Supposedly dry weather till Saturday and temperature in the high teens. That should dry things out a bit.

Sadly, that won't make much difference to the surface. It's been dry up here for a while. The surface at suncorp just doesn't get enough sun in winter and has never recovered since the 2011 floods.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nothing wrong with Crawford at 15, he's a strong lad with a bloody big boot. I reckon he's got something to prove on Saturday night.

Sorta player who'd fit right in as one of the six backs the Reds need. Too slow Jim, Woody.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sadly, that won't make much difference to the surface. It's been dry up here for a while. The surface at suncorp just doesn't get enough sun in winter and has never recovered since the 2011 floods.

thats a bit of a concern. i think it was around the 22 (?) you could see the mud with no grass cover. scrum time could be interesting.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Cheika said he told Cam Crawford he was playing when he pulled up alongside him at the traffic lights on the way to training this morning.

This may or may not have been his reaction

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
thats a bit of a concern. i think it was around the 22 (?) you could see the mud with no grass cover. scrum time could be interesting.

Yeah I saw that too. As bad as it looked though it usually holds up better than some other grounds that appear no where near as bad. I'm not sure that even makes sense, but hopefully you get my drift.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah I saw that too. As bad as it looked though it usually holds up better than some other grounds that appear no where near as bad. I'm not sure that even makes sense, but hopefully you get my drift.

i'm looking forward to a good contest up front and hope your prediction holds true

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
One very notable omission there. Any word on Izzy?

He has been put out by SANZAR on the "mercy" rule. Sadly for the Reds Crawford will want to show Cheika just what he could have been and get priority with TT on the 15 jumper.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Izzy missing is a good and bad thing I reckon.

Good from Reds perspective in respect of playing;

Bad as well in that the bloke is a huge drawcard for this game, at a place where he has fantastic support - so maybe a few thousand punters will not attend Suncorp

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Reds lineup is handy. Experience a bit patchy in the backs maybe, but probably the best starting pack available to them, and none of those forwards are mugs at this level. Suppose the worry has got to be debutants off the bench and the ability to keep going any momentum the starting side has gained.

I think probably the bench for the Tahs is going to have the edge. After using Skelton and Palu to bash things up, things will get faster and bashier with Potgeiter to come on around 55 minutes.

Still, never bet against a man protecting his own turf. Particularly when one of our most dangerous weapons is out.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Folau out with a 'corked' thigh, but I'm willing to bet my left nut if this was a semi final or final he would be playing.

But regardless would I be playing him against an angry Reds side in a physical encounter a couple of weeks before finals? fuck no

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Of course he would've played if it was a semi or final but when nothing is on the line better to take the precautionary line and rest him. Even though Cheika didn't want to rest I'm absolutely shocked that TPN and Palu are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.