• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I hesitate to add to Reds supporters' misery ATM, but, IF the Tahs win next weekend the Reds will've lost to all four Australian opponents at Suncorp this year. Home games, you've gotta win 'em.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's a massive issue. Didn't pick up on that. Reckon it's a near certainty to happen. Unless Chieka does a Dwyer and decides to rest all key players next week after they secure the Top spot this week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can't imagine Cheika will want to rest players. They already got the week off after this game (assuming we don't lose the last two).

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
i might for the first time since the inception of Super rugby have a cheer for the Reds.

After the Landers beat the Tahs today and my team beats the Landers next week, Reds could do the Saders a favour to get top spot :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To rest or not to rest that is the question.

Personally I would, people will cry momentum and confidence loss but there's a week break anyway. Guys like Douglas, Palu, Hooper, TPN, Beale are critical to our chances, can't risk injury and fatigue for a massive finals campaign. It's the Reds after all, any team will get the job done.

With that I'd play this 23 to beat the Reds

1. Robinson
2. Latu
3. Ryan
4. Chapman
5. Skelton
6. Hoiles
7. McCutcheon
8. Gray
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Lance
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Taqele
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Tilse
18. Kepu
19. Douglas
20. Hooper
21. McKibbin
22. Beale
23. Alofa

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
TO rest or not to rest? The answer: don't rest.

The rest is the week after this game. Fair enough back in the S14 days teams would rest their squad as they went straight to finals but now they get a weeks break. It won't do anyone any good to rest unless they have niggling injuries ( so maybe, maybe Douglas ).

Other than that resting will just kill combinations and form for the semis.

I think whoever you are you are praying that the Waratahs win their semi final and get a home final at ANZ, which would do Australian rugby a whole load of good

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think it is possible for the tahs to run out a team that couldn't totally belt the reds at the moment.

I will be very surprised to see the reds do much to stop the tahs onslaught.

92-3 should be a walk in the park.

Embarrassing.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't think it is possible for the tahs to run out a team that couldn't totally belt the reds at the moment.

I will be very surprised to see the reds do much to stop the tahs onslaught.

92-3 should be a walk in the park.

Embarrassing.
So by 92-3 you anticipate the Reds will sneak a 31-26 win.
Seems legit.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
So by 92-3 you anticipate the Reds will sneak a 31-26 win.
Seems legit.
Yeah I don't get this one either @Bairdy.

The 92-3 reference is to the Reds worst ever loss. At the hands of the Bulls in 2007. Final round too maybe? Capping off one of our worst seasons ever. This could potentially be worse.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It never is.
I have been saying exactly that for years but I am not at all confident about this game. I really can't see it being anything other than the final nail in the coffin of a terrible season.

Reds HQ would probably want to know though, I have an ace up my sleeve. No matter the opponent or the odds, I always tip the Reds. Once upon a time, I gave in to peer pressure and changed my tip and went against the Reds in a game they were never going to win. Well, they won. So ladies and gentlemen, I may tip the Tahs this weekend. You can guarantee that if I do, the Reds will win. Just not sure i can break my rule when it's the Tahs I have to tip. ;)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The facade that you are putting on will please the mocker gods greatly. ;)

I find it hard to believe this game will be a foregone conclusion.
With @Gel it's rarely a facade. Usually pretty straight up.

I find it hard to believe that this game is a foregone conclusion too. But that is the only conclusion that I can come to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No facade, the Reds were utter crap last game, Waratahs have been great and won 6 on the trot. Form demands a flogging. Once upon a time it would've been a tight, close game no matter what, but now with Cheika I think that Tahs will play an up tempo game and blow the Reds away in both the forwards and backs.

92 - 3 could be hit, at home this time, not in the republic.

Status
Not open for further replies.