• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You're kidding right? I think it will be a similar game to the last match of 2012 with the scores reversed.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You're kidding right? I think it will be a similar game to the last match of 2012 with the scores reversed.
Kidding about what? What you've predicted is pretty much how everyone else sees it going too. That game in 2012 was one side completely running rampant over the other on their way to the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My comparisons to the 92-3 have been in terms of this being one of our worst seasons to date.
The game in 2012 was a flogging though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I don't think Cheika will rest them, from what he was saying at the members function. He mentioned using Big Kev's comment about beating the Tahs next week to disrupt their finals run, to rev the boys up.
He also said something along the lines of he wants them to just play & have fun with it. Should be an interesting game.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
To rest or not to rest that is the question.

Personally I would, people will cry momentum and confidence loss but there's a week break anyway. Guys like Douglas, Palu, Hooper, TPN, Beale are critical to our chances, can't risk injury and fatigue for a massive finals campaign. It's the Reds after all, any team will get the job done.

With that I'd play this 23 to beat the Reds

1. Robinson
2. Latu
3. Ryan
4. Chapman
5. Skelton
6. Hoiles
7. McCutcheon
8. Gray
9. Phipps 9. McKibbin
10. Foley
11. Horne 11. Crawford
12. Lance
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 13. Horne
14. Taqele
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Tilse
18. Kepu
19. Douglas
20. Hooper
21. McKibbin
22. Beale
23. Alofa

I'm in general agreement. Given the injury today I'd swap Douglas for Jackpot and let Beale and Foley have a half each. I'd also start McKibbin and have Phipps on the bench. I wouldn't play Hooper unless there were three injuries in the back five - Roach can fill in at seven if McCutcheon's hurt. Hoiles or Cutch to captain. Horne to come in to 13 and Crawford to 11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can have a rest - just reward for keeping Fekitoa quiet all day.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
92 - 3 is a bit of hyperbole. I expect at least a similar result to the game earlier in the season, if not a more comprehensive loss.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
92 - 3 is a bit of hyperbole.

This quote would've been equally applicable going into the final round in 2007 and look how that turned out. I don't think anyone is seriously saying it's likely but the fact of the matter is that the Tahs are having their best season in a long time and playing some seriously good footy while the Reds have been as bad as they have been for quite some time regardless of their somewhat disproportionate position on the ladder. 92-3 is unlikely but is more likely than it has been in some time.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm glade it has turned out that I won't be able to make this game. Wont even have any phone reception.....

Being positive, the reds have no chance what so ever, the score will be as embarrassing as those red footy suits there trying to sell off... ;)

Its been a horrible, frustrating and clueless year from the reds and I'm glade it's almost over.

Looking forward to the NRC and the Wallabies

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Some would say best season ever..

I would too, but I didn't want to say that, given my relatively limited knowledge of them and then offend the fans that remember, '..... that great year back in 19 dickety two when Johnny McDingleberry led the team through to the pennant undefeated!' and come off sounding disingenuous.

Damn it! So close! ;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Form says Tahs should belt us.

Tahs will be "cocky"

BUT this is QLD v NSW

Chuck form out the window. Expecting Kev to have a big one like a fortnight ago - full of passionate running tackling and leadership from the front.

Reds to win

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don't think Cheika would let them be cocky. Tah's by a bit in this one from my point of view. It hurts to say but they are playing great rugby.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I find this very disturbing Reg.

Attachments

• redreg.jpg
    redreg.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 329

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I would too, but I didn't want to say that, given my relatively limited knowledge of them and then offend the fans that remember, '... that great year back in 19 dickety two when Johnny McDingleberry led the team through to the pennant undefeated!' and come off sounding disingenuous.

Damn it! So close! ;)

Disingenuous! Not a word one expects to hear from the banjo pluckers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.