• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wait until you see the ads for the new Reds swimwear line! :eek:

Hey easy up on reg, thats we are singing this handsome fella.
06f2bd282c26f5d12b202dc1db005373_zps992ddfdb.jpg

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
So ladies and gentlemen, I may tip the Tahs this weekend. You can guarantee that if I do, the Reds will win. Just not sure i can break my rule when it's the Tahs I have to tip. ;)

Take one for the team Scoey. Due to the extreme circumstances, we won't excommunicate you from the Reds supporters fraternity.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Onesies? Is it that cold in QLD?

Injury toll for QLD is now beyond horrific. Tahs can't play like they're afraid of injury. Rest the worst of the niggles, but aim for a comprehensive team performance before the week off.

T

Train Without a Station

Little disappointed you didn't respond to any of my jibes about him from the Force game. He was showing the physicality you claim he lacks.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Ha! I'm loving the crowing from the Tahs fans before the inevitable choke.

The Tahs really have been the best team in the comp this year and should go on to win it. I think it's worth pointing out that you need a bit of luck to win the Super comp and the Tahs have been very luck in avoiding injuries to date. Apart from losing Dennis at the very end of the season, and being without very players for random games, theyv managed to remain relatively unscathed.

Given the Reds' long list of injuries, I think they could safety rest 1 or 2 key players and still win at Suncorp. I'd be rest TPN and Palu. TPN because he has played a ridiculous amount of rugby in the past 4 months, and Palu because he is Palu.

Tahs by 10

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Ha! I'm loving the crowing from the Tahs fans before the inevitable choke.

The Tahs really have been the best team in the comp this year and should go on to win it. I think it's worth pointing out that you need a bit of luck to win the Super comp and the Tahs have been very luck in avoiding injuries to date. Apart from losing Dennis at the very end of the season, and being without very players for random games, theyv managed to remain relatively unscathed.

Given the Reds' long list of injuries, I think they could safety rest 1 or 2 key players and still win at Suncorp. I'd be rest TPN and Palu. TPN because he has played a ridiculous amount of rugby in the past 4 months, and Palu because he is Palu.

Tahs by 10

I think they should rest:

Robinson
TPN
Kepu
Palu
Philpps
Foley
Beale
Horne
Izzy
Skelton
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Fuck and anyone else I've forgotton

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Love the qld v nsw banter,
Never gets boring, let's hope the tah's can do what the reds did in 2011 and win the title and not choke at the death.....

Then Cheika becomes the new king of coaching and gets the wallabies job, Ewen comes back to the reds and the tahs get RG ;)

Tahs should be ready for a kicking game, RG won't be playing any rugby in the reds half.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I wouldnt be resting a huge number of players at all if I was Chiek. I would want to be carrying as much momentum into the finals as I can. A bloke like Hooper for instance thrives on the work and game time. he has next week to rest.

Personally Id run out with a similar team to the highlanders with the exception of tolu for TPN , rest palu put Hoiles to 8 and chapman to 6 and id actually give skelton a full game in the second row and half game to douglas and potgeter.

You cant wrap blokes Izzy and the like in cotton wool they are just as likely to get hurt in the first second of the finals

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I wouldnt be resting a huge number of players at all if I was Chiek. I would want to be carrying as much momentum into the finals as I can. A bloke like Hooper for instance thrives on the work and game time. he has next week to rest.

Personally Id run out with a similar team to the highlanders with the exception of tolu for TPN , rest palu put Hoiles to 8 and chapman to 6 and id actually give skelton a full game in the second row and half game to douglas and potgeter.

You cant wrap blokes Izzy and the like in cotton wool they are just as likely to get hurt in the first second of the finals

Yep, but if things go well early the bench may get more time

Status
Not open for further replies.