• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Anyone know what the Hahn super bay is? Going with the mates this weekend and if that bay has some kind of beer voucher it could be really efficient

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pending the court decision of course.

I've paid scant attention to the rugby over the weekend. How is Suncorp looking for the game?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How is Suncorp looking for the game?

green and rectangular.

suncorp-logo.jpg

I concur. Reg is totally correct.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It normally pulls up badly after a concert there so the addition of the rain and then the Foo Fighters may not make it the best place to play.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
As things stand I would like to see Frisby at 10 this weekend. put JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or on the wing. Tapuai to the bench as he can play 10 at a pinch and can be put on at 12 if Ant gives us more of the same.

Forwards play will be a big thing in this game. I like how some of the Reds young guys are coming on but we need Horwill back and for him to play well.

This could get ugly.

Good call Jets

I hope we don't belt the tahs by more than 25

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
i'm expecting the reds to top their penalties conceded average for this game.

Actually the Tahs are among the worst for penalties so far this season. Small sample, sure, but pertinent as they did it a fair bit last year too

B

Bobby Sands

As things stand I would like to see Frisby at 10 this weekend. put JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or on the wing. Tapuai to the bench as he can play 10 at a pinch and can be put on at 12 if Ant gives us more of the same.

Forwards play will be a big thing in this game. I like how some of the Reds young guys are coming on but we need Horwill back and for him to play well.

This could get ugly.

Agree with alot of this. Although Taps is not much of a 10, or a 13 in my opinion. However, he is a bloody good 12 and I can't wait to see him fully fit - hopefully sometime soon. Kevvy coming back is massive, have three lock rookies is too many. But I do think all three of them will be handy players in the future.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
This is my Reds selection against the old enemy:

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Sam Talakai
4 Dave McDuling
5 James Horwill
6 Adam Thomson
7 Liam Gill
8 Jake Schatz
9 Will Genia
10 James o'Connor
11 Chris Feauai-Sautia
12 Anthony Fainga'a
13 Samuela Keravi
14 Chris Kuridrani
15 Lachie Turner

16 James Hanson
17 Ben Daley
18 Sef Faagase
19 Marco Kotze
20 Curtis Browning
21 Nick Frisby
22 Ben Tapuai
23 Campbell Magnay

The side largely picks itself, however I'm not certain if Curtis Browning shouldn't get the nod over Jake Shatz as a more robust No 8, but I think Shatz's experience will see him get the nod.
I'm picking McDuling ahead of Kotze in that he had 4 runs (16 metres) & 4 ruck/mauls compared to 1 ruck/maul from Kotze against the Highlanders. I know that stats don't tell the complete story, but 4 runs compared to zilch says a lot to me.
I don't know if Beau Robinson is fit at present, but if he is he could perhaps sit on the pine instead of Campbell Magnay, as cover for Gill/Thomson in what should be a very torrid forward encounter.
Reds will only surprise with a victory if they show a 100% intensity. Anything less and they're toast. At least they probably know that.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
This is my Reds selection against the old enemy:

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Sam Talakai
4 Dave McDuling
5 James Horwill
6 Adam Thomson
7 Liam Gill
8 Jake Schatz
9 Will Genia
10 James o'Connor
11 Chris Feauai-Sautia
12 Anthony Fainga'a
13 Samuela Keravi
14 Chris Kuridrani
15 Lachie Turner

16 James Hanson
17 Ben Daley
18 Sef Faagase
19 Marco Kotze
20 Curtis Browning
21 Nick Frisby
22 Ben Tapuai
23 Campbell Magnay

The side largely picks itself, however I'm not certain if Curtis Browning shouldn't get the nod over Jake Shatz as a more robust No 8, but I think Shatz's experience will see him get the nod.
I'm picking McDuling ahead of Kotze in that he had 4 runs (16 metres) & 4 ruck/mauls compared to 1 ruck/maul from Kotze against the Highlanders. I know that stats don't tell the complete story, but 4 runs compared to zilch says a lot to me.
I don't know if Beau Robinson is fit at present, but if he is he could perhaps sit on the pine instead of Campbell Magnay, as cover for Gill/Thomson in what should be a very torrid forward encounter.
Reds will only surprise with a victory if they show a 100% intensity. Anything less and they're toast. At least they probably know that.

Think the only changes to your team will be Pickle to 10, JOC (James O'Connor) to 15 and Turner to wing,

I was disappiointed with our whole reserve front row last week. Daley and Sef will get smashed again. Sef will get better as he is just a kid in the toughest position on the field. Daley has been around forever and has never shown a bit of scrummaging ability in the several years at the Reds.

Glad to see Taps back.

Hopeful that Horwill comes back with a vengence and brings real controlled agression to the pack. The battle up front will be huge.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Schatz at 8 will be important to us this game. He will need to get through a ton of work on D, and I've no doubt he will do that. This is a game that is tailor made for Schatz to start, work his arse off for 60 mins and then Browning to come off the bench and provide the impact that he does.

It's also a good week to highlight my signature from our fearless leader....

".....I just don’t like seeing NSW win anything, in any sport" - James Slipper

Reactions: gel

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Daley is a mystery to me. He's supposedly a gym junkie and works hard, but he's just never progressed in his scrummaging ability. I don't know if it's just some technique problem that he can't overcome or some other reason, but he's just not up to this level with his scrummaging ability.

Which is a shame, as he has a great built for a prop, he is busy around the park and he is a good ball carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.