• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I liked the idea of Frisby at 10. But for it to work there needs to be a game plan. In the absence of one JOC (James O'Connor) must play 10. He needs to touch the ball as often as possible. I hate relying on x-factor but there is nothing else left.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well actually I think your problems start in a little closer than that.

From the start of the season we've seen the Reds' first receiver stand deep - doesn't matter who it is.

I don't actually mind that IF the intent is to run onto the ball with a change of angles and multiple targets running actual lines to hold up the defence.

You can't do that in the first place if the scrumhalf is throwing the ball at the man instead of at the target i.e. a few metres in front of the man. We saw Nic White do this in the Wallabies at the start of 2014 as well, leaving Beale behind the line with a giant target on him, instead of accelerating onto the ball as he's used to doing at the Tahs.

Besides that, we're just seeing a bunch of shovelling on and getting cut down behind the ad line, in the vain hope that one of the Reds U23 backline will magically sidestep grown men, rugby players all, and put in miracle tries.

Genia needs to stand up and own some of his bad form, but all I see is him doing his brick at his team mates and shaking his head instead of getting in there and providing some morale.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I wasn't talking about Beale, I would have to watch that play again to see what happened there. It was in reply to BH's comment who said in professional sport the referee decides when to stop play, I don't agree.. If someone is injured or at risk of injury you don't play on for the sake of playing the whistle if they are in the area of the play.
The referee doesn't see everything, players are the first to identify injuries as they hear a crack, a snap, or a scream of pain in the collision or contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOCC - please don't post. It's harder for the rest of us Reds fans than you to see that dreaded poisonous flower as your avatar, even though it is red:p

K

KAOPointman

Can someone tell me who Marto's spray "I can't believe he was ever a wallaby" was aimed at?
It's was deffinately Ben tapuai. They were talking about him being swapped around at the last minute, then Marto made the comment.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Really?! I know Marto says stuff that is just nonsense but I thought Taps actually looked good when he came on.
He played, maybe 20-30mins? And yet he topped the runs count and runs metres for the Reds!
I just don't recall him doing anything that would be deserving of that comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.