• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players, coaches and match officials.

Righto, who's making the trip up to the land of bananabenders? :mad::cool:

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'll be making the trip up from gods country Lindo. Now that Cando Campbell kicked all the Bikies across the border into NSW it's all Rainbows and Beaches here.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BDA

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
that ep of Walking Dead last night had to be seen to be believed. Can you believe that Rick was just in a coma the whole time and when he woke up everything was normal?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I can't believe the Force beat the Brumbies on the siren last night in Canberra with a penalty goal to Ebersohn.

What a boilover!

Great game by the Honey Badger! Good to see him bag some meat.

Poor bugger! What happens with too much rum.:confused:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ I'll be the spoilsport @Peter Toohey

1. This thread relates to a game well in the future. The OP wanted to know if anyone else from Gods Country was intending to join him on a journey North to the land of Floods, Drugs and Cyclones.
2. Now edited out, but there initially was a not too complimentary reference to the residents of the region where the future game was to be played.
3. Service was returned on the 1/2 volley by someone aligned with the region where the game was to be played, causing the OP to edit their post.
4. A copy of the Match thread rules (do not give away match scores etc) was not originally posted in the starter post of this thread, contrary to advice from a Mod.
5. The Mods OP added a copy of the Match Thread rules to their starting post. All is good now.
6. In blatant defiance of the rules of Match Thread, a poster makes reference to the final score of a game that is due to be played next friday night. Humour with tongue rammed deep into their cheek.
7. Following on from that theme, with a sense of humour that only a Dad posses or appreciates, a spoiler about a TV show is posted with the same sense of defiance of the Thread Rules. This spoiler may or may not be fabricated.
8. Others have replied to the posts either to keep the original story about the final result of the game that hasn't been played yet going, or they may not have twigged to the humour in the previous posts and have been well and truly sucked in.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You give the mods too much credit, HJ, I edited my original post AND added the match rules. I'm not as silly as you presume and/or infer.

Well done @Lindo. Never presumed any silliness on your behalf, and there would be many that would agree with your original description (now edited out) of those not resident in Gods Country.
I have no control over what inferences others may take from my posts. Some would say that I even confuse myself.

I've gotta stick up for the fellows with the dark green stripe under their avatar. In light of your response, I have amended my point 5 above.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
MHCS, let's just say topo was a prop and leave it at that. And no, he's not Topo, his shift key's stuck.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It was also confirmed that Daryl is gay. Plenty information for a single episode
What gets me is how they could stay in that Memphis shopping mall for so long. There has been no electricity for so long that all the food in the fridges and freezers would have gone putrid, the stuff on the shelves would have gone well past its use by date and the place would be over run by insects, vermin and animals. Somehow the place looks like it was just shut up the day before, with the shelves neatly stacked with very clean looking product and every thing looking all honky dory. No way would the food court be looking like that. Baby food goes off pretty quickly. There would be nothing in that supermarket to sustain Judith apart from nappies, nappy rash creme, and talcum powder.

Then how come the sound of the generators running, or the Army tank that Glen stole from Cannibal community being driven about doesn't attract the hordes of Zombies, yet a baby crying after being bitten by a dog instantly attracts about 1000 zombies that appear out of nowhere. Don't get me started on why there are no zombie dogs or cats, or why the zombies only attack humans and ignore all other living mammals. The backup generators Rick uses to power up that mall would go through plenty of fuel in a no time at all. Where is that coming from, and where did Rick get his electrical reticulation experience from? They don't teach that in Patrolling 101 at Police Academy.

What a contrived coincidence that they just somehow happen to save that old midwife from the car crash near the golf club when they are fleeing from the over run shopping mall. What were they doing on that road anyway? Searching for propane gas. Yeah right, I'm calling BS on that. Where were the zombie hordes then? Amazing that Maggie just happened to be 8 1/2 months pregnant at that time. How does meeting a midwife happen to bring on early labour? Maggie has gone full term pregnancy, and Judith looks like she is about 18 months old, yet there has been no seasonal change in the vegetation or climate. And how in the space of the same 18 months, does Carl go from being a skinny little immature 12 or 13 year old punk, through puberty with no acne or any of the usual teenage attitudinal problems, and become a sensible and buffed up marksman, sniper, mechanic and tank driver? What's gonna happen next? Carl the Helicopter pilot, after gay Daryl leads them to an Air Force Base.

Nah, they have well and truly jumped the shark, and the pit of snakes, next to the aligator infested swamp alongside the Niagara Falls in an Evil Knevil inspired jet powered motorbike. It has now officially worse than I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.