• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
after that id like:
9. Genia
10. Frisby
11. Turner / CFS
12. Ant / Kerevi
13. Kerevi / CFS
14. Kurindrani
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
How are the Horwill/Simmons doing? Any chance that either or both will be available for this game. I thought we missed them badly against the Highlanders. The set piece was shit.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Whether to fast track Tapuai into the starting XV or not? To be honest, given Fainga'a's poor performance v Highlanders I'd be inclined to give the 12 jersey to Tapuai. Hoping to see JOC (James O'Connor) move to the outside backs so he can work his magic with more room, with Frisby slotting in at 10. Unless there's a drastic turnaround, Tahs would appear to be the clear favourites.

T

Tip

Whether to fast track Tapuai into the starting XV or not? To be honest, given Fainga'a's poor performance v Highlanders I'd be inclined to give the 12 jersey to Tapuai. Hoping to see JOC (James O'Connor) move to the outside backs so he can work his magic with more room, with Frisby slotting in at 10. Unless there's a drastic turnaround, Tahs would appear to be the clear favourites.

I don't think we should be rushing anybody back from injury. It's not going to help establish any continuity in the backline if you change the 10-12 combo 3 weeks in a row.

Bring him off the bench.

T

TOCC

yeah i agree, i'd bring Tapuai off the bench, that was A.Fainga'a's first match in a while, it will take a bit to blow the cobwebs out.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
yeah i agree, i'd bring Tapuai off the bench, that was A.Fainga'a's first match in a while, it will take a bit to blow the cobwebs out.

Taps to mstart - our centres in general have been shit -
Frisby to 10 and JOC (James O'Connor) to wing or fullback.

RG needs to only replace players when there continued performance is below that of the replacement.

It seems every time Slipper goes off so dfoes the game Bloke can go 70 or 80, Daley is poor, Why change him, Same with THP - Sef is a long way behind,

Hopefully Horwill back this week as well

I hope the Reds come ready for a battle. REDS by 7

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Was Frisby actually that good at 10 or did the conditions and the lack of quality of the Force just mean that with his good kicking game and general lack of pressure he faced made him look pretty good?

Of the three games the Reds have played, the Force were easily the worst team they faced (on a match by match performance).

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
KHunt will have his court hearing on Thursday, so he could be eligible to be picked. I wouldn't put it past Dick to delay naming of the squad until after the hearing pending the outcome.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Why not. It won't make much difference to how the boys play. it might even work and we can move back to 10 man rugby so they can all follow the game plan. :eek:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was Frisby actually that good at 10 or did the conditions and the lack of quality of the Force just mean that with his good kicking game and general lack of pressure he faced made him look pretty good?

Of the three games the Reds have played, the Force were easily the worst team they faced (on a match by match performance).

yeah, its a massive call for Frisby. He was good v the Force. But it was the Force at the worst.

I can see it now, we play Frisby there this week and get smashed by the Tahs, and all of a sudden everyone is gunning at Pickle.

It is really tough, but I'd think I'd stick with JOC (James O'Connor). It does mean we keep Magnay on the wing though which is concerning given is inexperience was shown up last week.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

He wasn't special but shits on Hunt and on a par at least at 10 with JOC (James O'Connor). Would rather see Pickle at 10 and James at 15, where he has more time and space, I think from a team perspective it would be a better option

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He wasn't special but shits on Hunt and on a par at least at 10 with JOC (James O'Connor). Would rather see Pickle at 10 and James at 15, where he has more time and space, I think from a team perspective it would be a better option

Frisby was prepared to under play his hand, support and work, JOC (James O'Connor) overplays his hand and only passes if he has no option

Like Beale, JOC (James O'Connor) is best as the second player maker, not running the show

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
As things stand I would like to see Frisby at 10 this weekend. put JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or on the wing. Tapuai to the bench as he can play 10 at a pinch and can be put on at 12 if Ant gives us more of the same.

Forwards play will be a big thing in this game. I like how some of the Reds young guys are coming on but we need Horwill back and for him to play well.

This could get ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.