• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Does the margin spread count BAG because if so BBC claim that prize

Not even the fabled BSHS 13's put 2 tries on IGS , and noting , that IGS put 20 points on BBC in the last 7 minutes of the game when BBC had been belted out of it with 5 starters "retired"

I also refer you to BBC's result of 45-10 over BGS in the final trial before start back for Term 3 with 3 x significant starters out and the Terrace result of 26-0 on the weekend.

I further refer you to Southport's 39-5 result over BGS and BBC's 38-12 result over TSS on the weekend

Anything can happen on the day so we'll see but I don't think I can buy your assertion that Terrace has the inside track for 3rd

The form doesn't support it

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
TSS v BBC, I did say earlier, it was a great game and one I will remember for a long time, after watching the footage on BBC fullback scoring but disallowed ,would quite easily have changed things. Linesman had visual but did not call to ref, who was too far from play. Wow that's disappointing. Championship for BBC, out the window! Having said that, TSS centre played well all credit to their forwards. Backs complementing the go forward ball they received. BBC losing set pieces,ie, line outs, kick offs, scrum screwing cost them dearly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Does anybody have a link to the game between BBC and TSS, from the sounds of comments made on this forum it was an epic encounter.
Good game not sure if there was any video footage. The GAGR Match Report for round 2 should be out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
If this is true, TSS are now favourites for the title.
Moseley is crucial to Nudgee's chances of rugby
premiership.
Certainly big shoes to fill, whoever replacing him and It will certainly change how they play. But one thing is for sure about Nudgee rugby there will be an able replacement.

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Churchies forwards played very well against GT 2 weeks back, actually played all over GT and Churchie had the better of possession throughout the match - just could not make ground on or contain GT's backs (centres) - still did a much better job than BGS managed on the weekend

Was a very bleak day at Northgate for BGS Rugby on the weekend, didn't win a game and didn't score a point in any of the A games from 12-16's.

With the big score we discussed by the GT 12A's over BGS, what is the make up of the U12 Met North side, any players to look out for, wonder if any player/school movement will happen after the carnival considering many boys may still be grade 6.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Anything can happen on the day so we'll see but I don't think I can buy your assertion that Terrace has the inside track for 3rd

The form doesn't support it

Fair enough your 'Rugby Maths' makes sense, I was relying more on the fact that the three best second their teams are GT, ACGS and BBC , with GT accounting for Churchie they have a slight advantage. Third place 'should' be decided by the BBC v GT game, but BBC had better be on their game for their match up with Churchie.

GT was a lot more dominate then 24-0 on the weekend - should have scored another 3-4 from what I saw - not a lot on intensity in the game after GT scored early points.

What odds you giving for a GT double in the 13a's and 14a's V BBC - should be pretty healthy given your maths???

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
With the big score we discussed by the GT 12A's over BGS, what is the make up of the U12 Met North side, any players to look out for, wonder if any player/school movement will happen after the carnival considering many boys may still be grade 6.

No idea on the Met stuff don't really follow it - anyone know where we can get team lists for the carnival???

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Anybody willing to do a count of 13A posts vs 1st 15 posts. I appreciate the info on budding young player and I can't blame anybody if nobody else is posting for 1st 15 games ( I live in the US so I don't make it to many/any matches)
I would like to suggest to the moderators to create two different threads. But without the 13A posters(no offense and I am strangely now caught up in the cut throat world of 13A rugby) this thread would be lucky to move a page a week. What gives?
Where is the gossip and smack talk on the 1st 15's
I miss it.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Anybody willing to do a count of 13A posts vs 1st 15 posts. I appreciate the info on budding young player and I can't blame anybody if nobody else is posting for 1st 15 games ( I live in the US so I don't make it to many/any matches)
I would like to suggest to the moderators to create two different threads. But without the 13A posters(no offense and I am strangely now caught up in the cut throat world of 13A rugby) this thread would be lucky to move a page a week. What gives?
Where is the gossip and smack talk on the 1st 15's
I miss it.

The Green Black and White guys are all gun shy after last year and without their bold predictions and player ratings there is little banter left sadly.

BAG

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
If this is true, TSS are now favourites for the title.
Moseley is crucial to Nudgee's chances of rugby
premiership.
Taipan168, Yesterday at 2:36 AM Report
Yee of little faith Taipan! He is out for the rest of the season, surgery soon. However its a set back, not the end of the season, nor the rugby to be played this year.
Spoke to some of the guys last night and they are still very positive. They are training hard and well. They still have the faith "sign of the faith" and that's what they will take into every game. That's why Nudgee has won more than double the premiership to that of their nearest rival. It is a natural part of the schools DNA, with the memories and ghosts of the past. Still in the top two for me if not the winner.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Speak quietly and carry a big stick is the theme for all 1st 15 teams this years on the GAGR I guess. I can respect that. It seems like the forum has grown up a bit. I have a sneaking suspicion that no team will go through undefeated this season.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Speak quietly and carry a big stick is the theme for all 1st 15 teams this years on the GAGR I guess. I can respect that. It seems like the forum has grown up a bit. I have a sneaking suspicion that no team will go through undefeated this season.

Here is my take on the why the forums are little quite this season

Firstly I think it must be said that across the board the talent is not what it was last year and the teams are not as strong at the top.

The Churchie fans are still hungover from last season and had accepted by Christmas time that they had no chance of repeating the heroics of last year.

The BBC crowd, deep down, believe that they have a side capable of winning the whole thing but will never let those stirrings enter their conscious thoughts in 2015 – sadly that dream is all but over now anyway.

The TSS, IGS and TGS boys have never really played a role here, and the TSS line-up while full of quality workers and capable footballers just doesn’t include the big names of years gone by required to get others to talk about the team in depth.

The light dark blue amongst us are quite rightly hiding under their beds given the current state of the BGS rugby program and quite frankly we will be lucky to hear from them before 2020.

BSHS remain as they have for the last few years neither great nor awful, just a solid team capable of winning half their games but with no chance of challenging for a title.

Not even the boys attending NC can name the current team from 1 to 15, a couple of stars are missing for various reasons and the rest while good enough to, and will, take the title simply lack the ‘personalities’ of last year’s Churchies team to such an extent even NC followers aren’t willing to talk them up.

And finally to the Red and Black – on the improve for the last few years, but never good enough to be taken seriously so taking part in the banter between the other schools was easy. Supposedly building to mount a challenge in 2016 so watching their words and trying not to attract attention while watching the 2015 team and wondering if they really can dare to dream.

Adding all this up you really have a lull year in banter and mid-week excitement.

Rest assured there are a couple of real rivalries being built in the lower divisions that promise to inspire some great off field chat to match the on field stuff in the next few years.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Fair enough your 'Rugby Maths' makes sense, I was relying more on the fact that the three best second their teams are GT, ACGS and BBC , with GT accounting for Churchie they have a slight advantage. Third place 'should' be decided by the BBC v GT game, but BBC had better be on their game for their match up with Churchie.
GT was a lot more dominate then 24-0 on the weekend - should have scored another 3-4 from what I saw - not a lot on intensity in the game after GT scored early points.

What odds you giving for a GT double in the 13a's and 14a's V BBC - should be pretty healthy given your maths???

If GT beat BBC 14 A after the 7 tries to 2 romp by BBC in trial game ,I will personally acknowledge the success of the GT recruiting and make a donation to the GT scholarship fund.

I already concede that the new boys especially the centres in the GT 15 As are the best centres in under 15 comp.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
@ HJ N

Yep, up with the rowdy and sometimes hilarious rabble :)

Last week's highlights are BBC-centric which took a bit longer to do. I wasn't going to post it because we have moved on since then, but I'm sure some people would still be interested. It may also help to lift the spirits of the BBC boys. All is not lost however, BBC can continue to march on and will need to win every game from here - one game at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.