• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I've heard through the grape vine that Liam Mosely for NC is injured and out for the season including the Aussie schoolboys. Can anyone verify this?

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
If any game appears to be called early it would be the IGS v ACGS match. Earlier post said the Churchie forwards were decent. Hard to believe with the 97 nil score line. All the talk of the IGS crew seems to add up.
Yep, the BSHS & IGS match in U13 would be very handy game to watch

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
whats the definition of Irony?
After a 3 year plan involving recruiting from 4 schools and " a full fee paying " Aussie School boy from Keebra Park high in the ACGS 1st xv last year ;a white Range Rover driving ACGS parent roared out of the IGS grounds at Brassal yesterday after the IGS 13A s put on 95,points screaming " imports have ruined the GPS comp"
gee i laughed.what goes around comes around.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
After a 3 year plan involving recruiting from 4 schools and " a full fee paying " Aussie School boy from Keebra Park high in the ACGS 1st xv last year ;a white Range Rover driving ACGS parent roared out of the IGS grounds at Brassal yesterday after the IGS 13A s put on 95,points screaming " imports have ruined the GPS comp"

If that is true and that person exists...then that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while...

Some great rugby yesterday and the results keep pointing to the closest of seasons ahead.

Churchie did well to roll Ippy, BBC could easily have rolled TSS, Grammar stayed close to a handy Terrace outfit and T-ba did what we thought they would do, but High put some points on them.

Interesting round next week...the comp is alive and well.

Happy to be on the sidelines taking it all in...

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Do you really need to post this???

No Deal

Yes, yes I did

Given that every game BSHS and IGS plays will yield 80 to 100 point margins against every team in the age group .....calling a game off at 54-5 " because it was too one sided" seems odd

I was seeking clarity from someone who may be in the know.

You are a great man and seem to have some State High chums . Perhaps you can enlighten us instead of posting pithy patter that adds no value

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
No Deal

Yes, yes I did

Given that every game BSHS and IGS plays will yield 80 to 100 point margins against every team in the age group ...calling a game off at 54-5 " because it was too one sided" seems odd

I was seeking clarity from someone who may be in the know.

You are a great man and seem to have some State High chums . Perhaps you can enlighten us instead of posting pithy patter that adds no value

Havent heard anything from people at the game so not commenting ..all teams come back to the pack but agree that this year will be hard for teams coaches and refs against ippy and bshs u13 this year but all teams come back to the pack.. ...love the post about the churchie parent...

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rather than watch NC team made up of 2 nds and 3 rds play Downlands i went to watch a mates 2 sons play for BBC v TSS on weekend and i came away surprised and somewhat impressed with what i saw.
1) NC, ACGS and GT were all playing at BBC in the early games. i asked what was going on and was told BBC had a lot more teams than TSS in the 11 to 13 year age group and these were supplementary games;this surprised me;
2) the BBC 1st xv seemed to be running the water for under 12 & under 13 . have not seen this since the 1990s at NC;
3) i took a look at the 14 A team for BBC to see what all the fuss was about.They put over 50 points on TSS and as far as i could tell the backline were bigger and faster than the 15A match. 10, 14 and especially 15 for BBC will be in 1st xv in 2 years IMO;
4) then i watched my mates son in 16 As. TSS are well known for the strength of their 16 and open programs - as they only really recruit from under 15 onwards. but i tell you it will take a good team to beat that BBC 16 A team as they physically bashed a good TSS team off the pitch and won by 20.
5) Miskin oval seems to be the last of the school grounds that is not based on a full size cricket oval so both supporters are really close to the action. Big crowd in attendance. That bagpipe entrance is something special as i had not been here in over 5 years.
2 point win by TSS is a good reflection of the match. TSS were better at lineout and over the ball.BBC really missed their Qld 2 hooker . At 10 -8 the match was there for BBC but crucial mistakes in lineout cost them . 13 for TSS was BOF . he is big and fast and i can see why he is in Aussie under 18 sevens team.
What suprised me most was that after BBC missed penalty on full time the BBC crowd did not disperse but surrounded the team and gave them a war cry - much like NC when they lost to ACGS last year . Things are changing out Toowong way.

As my old mate - who coached NC to numerous premierships in the 90s said to me- " to win a 1st xv premiership you need a good team with a good coaching program AND either luck with injuries or a 2nd xv capable of winning the premiership but preferably both"
last year acgs had the former .TSS and NC always have the latter. this year BBC have neither - but there number 1 team , if it gets on the field can beat any team .

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
New

GSP, Yesterday at 7:59 PM Report
Yes-its true as are the rumours of some very unflattering comments about the size and age of the IGS team.
No such comments last year or in 2013 when the raids on Downlands and St Edmonds took place.
They are a strange mob over East Brisbane way.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
It's clearly off the left shin on to the knee cap and then to the right foot in the toe ahead.

That should have been a try

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Early predictions for next week.
TSS vs GT (TSS by 10+)
TGS vs BBC (BBC by a cats wisker if they can dust themselves off with no lingering injuries after a thrilling round 2, TGS will go hard).
BGS vs NC (NC by 10+)
BSHS vs ACGS (ACGS by a converted try).

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
@ Hound and Nightmare

I really like Churchie's U13 pack..FWIW I would rate them as the best forward pack in the age group

Churchies forwards played very well against GT 2 weeks back, actually played all over GT and Churchie had the better of possession throughout the match - just could not make ground on or contain GT's backs (centres) - still did a much better job than BGS managed on the weekend

Was a very bleak day at Northgate for BGS Rugby on the weekend, didn't win a game and didn't score a point in any of the A games from 12-16's.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
@BAG

I qualify my original comments from 2 months ago as follows :

I really like Churchie's U13 pack..FWIW I would rate them as the best forward pack in the age group...........under an average pack weight of 90kg

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
@BAG

I qualify my original comments from 2 months ago as follows :

I really like Churchie's U13 pack..FWIW I would rate them as the best forward pack in the age group.....under an average pack weight of 90kg

Yep I think there are two competitions in the 13's - who wins between IGS and BSHS and the battle for the 3rd. GT has in the inside running now IMO having beaten ACGS. But BBC have some claims.

Maybe an additional prize if anyone can keep both IGS and BSHS to under 50.

Thumper

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anybody have a link to the game between BBC and TSS, from the sounds of comments made on this forum it was an epic encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.