• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
GT 22 BGS 18, five to go. BGS just conceded a penalty 30 out, dead in front.

Converted. GT lead by seven with two to go.

May I remind the forum that I predicted a GT win by 8?

Fulltime: 25-18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
at BBC today
BBC won 11A ,12A , 13A by 30, 14 A by 50 and 16 A by 20'
TSS won 15 A by 4 , 2nds by 10 and 1st xv by 2 after BBC missed penalty on fulltime

Maybe the most Brutal 1stxv match i have seen in 15 years
TSS deseved win and were more structured and won the scrum battle and did not lose a lineout .
tss also won the breakdown
Keys points in match:
1- bbc knocked on 2 x from kickoffs after scoring;
2- lack of hooker killed momentum with score at 10-8 and bbc deep in attack they lost both lineouts from penalties (losing 4 on own throw for match);
3 -penalty on fulltime was a long way and with all momentum with BBC why not take a tap?
Farrell won battle of 7s but Riley played better than Ngamanu in battle of the jetshoes.
Veravis at 9 was quiet.
well done To both teams for a tough hard match .TSS did the bsics better.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Thebreakdown, I think you need to be 100% fit to take on either TSS or NC. Whilst both of them are not as "flarey" as others of the past, they know their footy (not saying BBC don't) and they do the basics well. They are both much fitter and just a little better skilled than IGS and therefore due to injury concerns (for BBC) I think TSS by a wee bit.

As for the recovery; wasn't so miraculous, they had plenty of time and IGS forgot where the "gas peddle" was. TSS just kept a constant speed and then had some of there players take the opportunities as they presented. Both teams should be better for the run last week and hopefully their is less mistakes.

well done Sage - you said it " TSS do the basics well "" they stick to the game plan.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great day for Terrace today with wins in every game except the U11 B/Cs. First XV deserved winners in a tight contest.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Great day for Terrace today with wins in every game except the U11 B/Cs. First XV deserved winners in a tight contest.
Can anyone confirm 13As score please? Fox Sports Pulse link says BGS beat GT 39-5 but Terrace Twitter says 26-0 to the red and blacks.

Ipswich put 97 on Churchie after putting 60 on BBC 13As last week. Bad defence or good attack?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Toowoomba beat State High 38-30

Not a bad week for my tipping - three tippers are now undefeated: HighCutBoots, RedBlack and myself.

GT @ BGS (GT by 8) 7
TSS @ BBC (TSS by 10) 2
ACGS @ IGS (ACGS by 18) 4
BSHS @ TGS (TGS by 13) 8
NC - bye

Benchwarmer

Frank Nicholson (4)
It was the attack this week for the IGS 13A's created by offloads. There was less barnstorming runs from the big boy's as they were contained fairly well by the Churchie forwards - the points came mainly through offloads in the tackle and quick passing outwards. The defence in close from Churchie was spot on and they really put 100% effort in. The breakdown work from Churchie was impressive also. Would say 5 -6 tries were individual efforts but the remainder were from well timed passing in the tackle - the 10 saw more ball then the half-back due to this which kept the backs moving.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

Pretty ordinary game out at Northgate today, GT was very scrappy, had a very bad day with the hands and were without their first choice 2,9,10,12 and 15. Were deserved winners though and should have put on another 10-20 points.

13 A's definite winners to nil I would have guessed 5 triers but was watching the 15s at teh saem time and lost count.

Tankowner

Frank Row (1)
Great game between BBC & TSS .
High skill level and good sportsmanship by both sides.
A game that could have gone either way but TSS probably the deserved
winners.
Spectators included Will Genia ( not limping and said he is good to go ) ,
his brother Nigel , Roger Gould ( Wallaby Fullback ) and Andrew Brown
( Australian 7s rep )
The good news was there were no apparent injuries.
Great Rugby - both sides were winners in that respect.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Great game between BBC & TSS .
High skill level and good sportsmanship by both sides.
A game that could have gone either way but TSS probably the deserved
winners.
Spectators included Will Genia ( not limping and said he is good to go ) ,
his brother Nigel , Roger Gould ( Wallaby Fullback ) and Andrew Brown
( Australian 7s rep )
The good news was there were no apparent injuries.
Great Rugby - both sides were winners in that respect.

it was easy to spot Will Genia-- just look for where most of the kids were.looked like a swarm of bees around him. And you know what ? he answered every question and signed every autograph.he still says walking down the hill behind the bagpipes gives him goosebumps.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Lots of photos from an epic BBC v TSS game here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/sets/72157654006190613

plus a few for the forum

19807364400_c578364c76_b_d.jpg

19372982124_5b84fb74c4_b_d.jpg

20002296351_ebca5dc20f_b_d.jpg

19374577214_74034508f6_b_d.jpg

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
It was the attack this week for the IGS 13A's created by offloads. There was less barnstorming runs from the big boy's as they were contained fairly well by the Churchie forwards - the points came mainly through offloads in the tackle and quick passing outwards. The defence in close from Churchie was spot on and they really put 100% effort in. The breakdown work from Churchie was impressive also. Would say 5 -6 tries were individual efforts but the remainder were from well timed passing in the tackle - the 10 saw more ball then the half-back due to this which kept the backs moving.
It should be a good game against the BSHS 13 A's. Their game was called of five minutes short of time today because it was so one sided against TGS. Not sure of the score.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
It should be a good game against the BSHS 13 A's. Their game was called of five minutes short of time today because it was so one sided against TGS. Not sure of the score.
Recorded score was 54-5

You don't call a match 5m early if actual score is 54-5

I am not doubting you - I am suggesting that the actual score was likely much greater than an 8 tries to 1

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Team list FirstXV BBC v TSS
1.Christensen 1.Day
2.Yanopa 2.McElroy
3.Foulds 3.Siggs
4.Swain 4.Rudland
5.Hope 5.Blyth
6.Middleton 6.Mavoa
7.Farrell 7.Allen
8.Gunter 8.Pere
9.Verevis 9.Lenac